Opiate detection threshold levels in a drug test with a prescription

Discussion in 'Drug Testing' started by Mick Mouse, Sep 29, 2006.

1. Mick Mouse

Mick Mouse Live Free Or Die! Gold Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    56 y/o from Cayo Loco
    In drug testing, the amount of a substance found in your blood in measured as nanograms per decaliter, if I am not mistaken. I recently turned in a test which measured a level of opiates above 10,000 n/d. I have rx for 30 mg. MSIR every 6 hours, as needed. Would a level above 10,000 be consistant with use according DR. orders as stated above? What about if SWIM dosed say 1-2 hours before he dropped?

2. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    It probably would be consistent although I have no way of proving this, it would require knowledge about elimination and metabolism that I do not have. However, if You is legitimately supplied the opiates, he should just be able to show the drug testing company proof of medical need, and the company would not "count" the morphine found.

3. Mick Mouse

Reputation Points:
    56 y/o from Cayo Loco
    Actually, it isn't so much the drug testing company , because I have already done that, no problems on that end. The court system, for whom SWIM drops, has decided that since I don't have unlawful substances in his body, he must be taking lawful drugs in an unlawful manner! The caseworker that SWIM reports to "has a concern" because the level of opiates in my bloodstream fluctuates. Normally, the levels are below 10,000, but occasionally it shoots up to over 10,000. I have explained this by indicating that the RX reads "as needed" and that on those occasions, SWIM "needed" the meds 1-2 hours prior to dropping. Quite reasonable, actually, but we are dealing with the guvment here, which means that I have evil intent and that his 15 year history of chronic pain is merely a cover-up that I had in place just for this occasion!

4. Forthesevenlakes

Reputation Points:
    interesting. in that situation You may want to explain, with a doctors assistance, that his chronic pain includes breakthrough pain episodes, where the pain level surpasses what the normal regimen of medication would cover. in these cases You must take more opiates in order to combat this. the breakthrough pain phenomenon is well known and swiys doctor could probably attest to it, if You is willing to involve a doctor. its a sad state of affairs, truly, when the governments meddling requires that people get notes from their doctor after they're out of school =]

5. Mick Mouse

Reputation Points:
    56 y/o from Cayo Loco
    Re: opiate levels in a drug test

After the Gov. agency did some checking with my doctor as well as the Pharmasist who fills my scripts, I am pleased to report that levels above 10,000 have been found to be both reasonable and proper! I found that SWIftsl's advise was, as the saying goes, "just what the doctor ordered!"

6. Forthesevenlakes

Reputation Points:
    Re: opiate levels in a drug test

That is excellent to hear, and this post will hopefully be able to help others who find themselves in an uncomfortable position due to an overbearing government!

Tags: