1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.

Opiate scene in Thailand?

Discussion in 'Opiates & Opioids' started by Beltane, Aug 21, 2005.

1. Beltane

Beltane Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Jan 28, 2005
    from California, U.S.A.
    SWIM may be headed for Thailand and is wondering what the story is w/
    opiates there. Are any of the good ones available OTC or w/ a
    nod/wink/bribe to the pharmacist (like Mexico?)

And what about opium dens. I have always wanted to go to a real opium den.

Anyone who's been there and comment on the scene would be great.

- B
  2. TimRog

TimRog Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Dec 13, 2004
    I'm going for 5 weeks. Leaving this coming thursday. I'd be interested in this
    situation too.
  3. Axel

Axel Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Jan 27, 2005
    If you want to go the pharmacy route I highly recommend you take a cheap quick flight next door to Penom Penh--the first pharmcy I went into there the manager not only hooked me up with liquid K from Hungary, but also gave me detailed instructions as how it could be turned into powder!

I'm pretty sure Thai pharmacies sell the hard stuff with prescriptions only, though in poorer areas there is always a chance of finding a Doc on the take.

I think your only chances of finding a faux opium den are in the Northern regions. In Bangkok and Pattaya's touristy areasyou'll surely be offered the traditional substances: Ganja, Smack and the notorious Burmese speed pill called Yaba, but be on the lookout for fake pills passed off as Yaba or E, and of course for being set up by the cops. Keep in mind that if you have a minuscule amount of dope it's really not worth itfor the cop to put you in the slammer and he is surely just looking for money ( it could cost you a few thousand Baht to get out of the jam).