Opiates and Cannabis - Good or bad combo?

Discussion in 'Opiates & Opioids' started by ZepDoorsFloyd41, Oct 2, 2006.

1. ZepDoorsFloyd41

ZepDoorsFloyd41 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWIM never mixes drugs usually, but he wanted to know peoples experiences with smoking marijuana while on an opiate. How does this make the person feel both physically and mentally, and is it safe? Would the marijauna make the opiate high stronger, or would the opiates make the marijuana high stronger? And say if one gets paranoid and edgy on marijuana, would doing some opiates before smoking make the marijuana high more relaxing and enjoyable?

2. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    lab rats seem to enjoy the combo. they say that a low dose of opiates with some weed potentiate each other, that is, both highs seem to be pronounced. opiates could help take the edge off a paranoid weed high, but the opposite could happen, too, that the paranoia could turn the opiate experience bad, one could think they were having trouble breathing or od'd or similar other negative symptoms.

as for safety, yes, I has never heard anything dangerous about this combo. just start with low doses of each, since mj highs can get too intense for some people.

3. Shiacmkmleer

Shiacmkmleer Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Opiates before weed?

Perhaps if your monkey uses the opaites first it would be better cause he'
    ll already be happy. My monkey has never had a bad experance using opaite before weed but then again my monkey has never tired said substances in the reverse order.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2017
  4. Alicia

Alicia Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    swia finds it ruins the effects the for opium which is a treat on its own in her view , however with heroin it felt like a wonderful romance with the two. Just her view thou.Seek and explore well with in reason of course.

5. sterling77

sterling77 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from denmark
    It is nearly impossible to get high while on opiates, anyone notice this?

6. Citizen Kane

Citizen Kane Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Yes, they bring You down from most popular drugs, hallucinogenes excluded. They tend to overlay other experiences.

It is thus not recommended to combine opiates with anything else, as You can no longer rely on swiy's senses to assess the effective strength of other drugs. In particular, combining them with alcohol is disadvised, as opiates and alcohol mutually reenforce their effects.

7. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    An excellent combo if there is such a thing in SWIM's opinion.

The opiates remove the edge or paranoia that some people complain about when smoking marijuana (SWIM's beyond marijuana-related paranoia as he finds it irrational and wouldn't smoke marijuana in an unsuitable environment) and leaves the user feeling very lethargic and mellow, at peace essentially.

I am such a fan of the combo that he definitely rates it above most other marijuana combos, definitely better than mixing marijuana with stimulants or alcohol, maybe even better than mixing marijuana with psychedelics. This is probably a matter of personal taste however.

8. Hlucn8

Hlucn8 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Ahh, what a wonderful discussion. Swim can't partake in MJ anymore due to serious pot-panic. But I imagine that I could if he were inclined to while up on some sort of O's. Probably a quite enjoyable combo. As to the safety I could'nt imagine any harmfull interaction
    I have a strange sort of paradoxical reaction to O's, they act as a sort of stimulant untill I take enough to overcome this. This does not diminish the euphoria, mind you; But I imagine it is the reason swim can take a dose the morning after heavy drinking and it totaly oblitirates any hangover. Any other # expiriance this?
    This is an excelent question, though. O's can be deadly in the wrong combo. A general rule of thumb; CNS depresants don't mix. People go to school for many years in order to learn how to do this in a controlled medical situation, and it still kills people.

9. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    SWIM also experiences this strange stimulation. Actually he feels it as more of a motivation to go and take care of business.

He has also used it successfully to get rid of hangovers. It is kind of the classic way opiates work for pain as well, I know the hangover is still there, but he doesnt care anymore and can go about his day.

10. basehead801

basehead801 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I like to smoke marijuana on opiates, everytime. SWIM smokes marijuana normally everyday though.

I feel it makes the opiate euphoria that much more pronounced.

11. Ethyl

Ethyl Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from portugal
    SWIE feels that pot makes the opiate euphoria that much more pronounced.

12. enquirewithin

enquirewithin Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda
    I don't much like cannabis and opium-- opium spoils good hash for him!

But he used to like hashish and heroin. It sends you off into a dreamy, comfortable world. The problem is you tend to nod off...

13. addicted2hc

addicted2hc Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Personally I think that is one of the best combos out there... other than Xanax and alcohol.

I would highly recomend this combo. I like to mix any amount of oxycontin and weed. Simply euphoric.

14. augentier

augentier Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
  15. Oooga BooGa

Oooga BooGa Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    43 y/o
    Swim smokes weed daily,and when doing opiates (usually morphine), I will refrain from smoking due to the fact that it makes me EXTRA sleepy. Swim thinks there is NO danger at all with the 2 mixed. Just the danger of falling asleep while driving the front end loader,if thats what your into...idk....