opiates and euphoria

Discussion in 'Opiates & Opioids' started by biglifter56, Feb 12, 2007.

1. biglifter56

biglifter56 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    swim whats to know which opiates cause a great euphoric feeling without alot of bad side effects or possible addictions. I have been thinking about trying these for some time, and just wants to know where he should start.

2. VincentVan

VincentVan Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    Dear Biglifter
    Opiods causing great euphoria and no addiction are an old dream, but they just don´t exist and probaly never will since the very same molecular processes that cause euphoria (i.e. plugging the appropriate neurotransmitters into the right neuroreceptors) are the same that cause addiction.
    You are talking about the holy grail of neuropharmacology.
    Try to google "Future opioids", ,you´ll find some interesting reading.

VV.

3. Riconoen {UGC}

Riconoen {UGC} Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Indeed, you're not going to find an opiod that doesnt have addictive properties. it's the price you have to pay for the sheer joy and bliss that they bring.

4. biglifter56

biglifter56 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    alright, well are they all as addictive as h? swim means he can handle drugs well. hes pretty mentally strong.

5. Klaus

Klaus Newbie

Reputation Points:
    biglifter >
    aright, well are they all as addictive as h? swim means he can handle drugs well. hes pretty mentally strong.

All opiates are addictive and being mentally robust does help but remember as great as opiates are they are also PHYSICALLY ADDICTIVE ! and You best not go down that road but of course the choice is swiy's . I have been there and its not fun . So please take care .

6. VincentVan

Reputation Points:
    Dear BigLifter
    To be mentally and phisically strong BEFORE you start petting with this class of substances is no guarantee that you will still be the superman you claim to be AFTER you have entered the temple of senses and sampled the elixirs of the deepest pleasures.
    Nobody ever starts his relationship with opiates with the stated goal of becoming an addict, but most pleasure seekers in the end accept to tie the knot with their frightening and charming mistress, also because this is the only way to really get to know her deeply.
    And from the beginning you will understand that you either know her deeply or you just don´t.
    Besides, only he who painfully misses, both physically and mentally, the object of his passion can be able to rejoice and revive when he´s finally reunited to what has become the major joy of his life.
    I know it sounds sick. That´s because it is.

Oh , by the way, if you think that heroin, because it´s effects are so potent, must also be the most addictive of opiates then you are very wrong.
    Swim told me that morphine is more addictive then heroin and the effects of its withdrawal are far more painful and pronounced.
    Methadone ,if wrongly used , (and most of the times it is used wrongly)is probably the most addictive of all. I knew of people shooting heroin to get off methadone.
    After 5 or 6 days you should be able to kick even a strong addiction to heroin, but the simptoms of withdrawal from methadone would still torment you after a month.
    Even opium, if taken orally, is probably more addictive than H.

So if you value your freedom and indipendence you´re probaby better off staying away from this sort of things.
    I say "probably" because I still have´nt decided if my story with opiates has been a totally and absolutely negative influence in my life and in the way it turned out ; but I can say this only because now I have the luxury and the luck to be able to look at this story from the outside, from far away; many others have´nt been so fortunate.
    And that´s also why those substances are the only pleasurable thing on earth that I feel I deeply hate.
    Well , good luck BigLifter. The choice of course, is only yours.

VV.

7. biglifter56

biglifter56 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    nice post, really made me think...

8. Ms.Kitty

Ms.Kitty Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o
    Percocets are really good for going to work and doing other daily things.. but swim gets relly bad headaches when comming down

9. SuprSonik

SuprSonik Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I think the best opiod to start out on is codeine. It's not as potent as heroin, but it's still an excellent starter because it does induce a pleasant euphoric state and is harder to get addicted to than heroin or morphine and the like. Just make certain that to do a cold water extraction unless You comes across codeine in its pure form, or with a low amount of apap/ibuprofen/aspirin.

10. VincentVan

Reputation Points:
    This codeine thing is something that SWIM just can´t get.
    After reading in this very forum, about the pleasurable effects this substance is supposed to have, he got hold of a big tube full of 25mg pills of the stuff.
    I´m talking about pure pharmaceutical codeine, each pill containing the 25mg of codeine; lactosium monohydrate to keep the pill together, and a colorant to make it white; nothing else.
    The incident I´m going to relate happened about 3 years ago but SWIM still remembers it vividly and he still wonders what went wrong and why.
    That´s the story:

It was a warm summer evening and after coming home from a dinner party, he sat alone on his porch with a good book and his favored drink, swallowed 4 or maybe 5 of the pills in question and sat quietly there waiting for something pleasurable to happen.
    About 15, or maybe 20 minutes later something did in fact happen, but it was´nt pleasurable in the least.
    At first his feet started to hitch. He started scratching them but the hitch only got worse and went up his legs soon reching his torso and his arms.
    He started scratching all his body like a madman and he run to his jacuzzi to try to get some relief, but before he could take his clothes off the hitch had reached his head and his scalp felt like it was gettin bitten by a swarm of hungry tropical mosquitos.
    He put his head under the shower and lied down in the tub with the hydromassage full force but the hitch kept on tormenting our poor SWIM who, at this point, was nearly driven to tears by something nearer to actual pain than a simple hitch.
    By now,awakened by the mess, SWIM´s wife had gotten out of bed and was standing by the tub wandering if he suddenly got epileptic and if she should call for an ambulance.
    SWIM, still scratching obsessively, pushed her out of the bathroom, locked the door and tried to calm her down by insisting that everything was fine and normal and that there was nothing unusual in his behaviour.
    He obviously was´nt very convincing because she kept knocking on the door and calling him.
    He can still hear her worryied voice: " Are you OK honey? What´s the matter baby? Please let me in.
    Now SWIM knew what to do: he grabbed a methadone bottle and swallowed a heafty dose.
    A familiar warm feeling of wellness soon got hold of him.
    The horrible hitch began to diminish and then vanished.
    SWIM unlocked the door and let his wife in with a stupid smile on his face: "Why don´t you come in the tub with me baby? Now it´s just perfect. C´m on; I´ve put your favored bath salts in ".
    She didn´t reply and got into the tub with him, but after more than 20 years of living with her, SWIM knew exactly what that look in her eyes meant.
    It meant : " Dont tell me anything, you son of a bitch. I don´t want to know".

I was a lucky man.
    He had a wonderful wife and a bottle of methadone at hand. Now he has´nt got either of them.
    He´s still got the tube of codeine though.
    He just does´nt think he´s gonna open it again any time soon.

He still wonders what went wrong and why.
    Wrong dose?
    Wrong moment?
    Wrong SOB?
    I am still baffled when he thinks about this episode and would sincerely appreciate any suggestion on how to get to enjoy this substance of which he can have a virtually unlimited supply but he says that he does´nt find scratching amusing in the least.

VV.

" -Ugh ! What a sight that duckling is! We can´t possibly put up with him. -
    And one duck immediatly flew at him and bit him in the neck.
    - Leave him alone - his mother said, - He´s doing no one any arm. -
    - Yes, but he´s so gawky and peculiar - said the one that had pecked him,
    - so he´ll have to be squashed. - "

( Hans Christian Handersen´s Fairy Tales. " The ugly duckling" )

1. 3/5,
      poignant
      Jul 16, 2007
  11. SuprSonik

SuprSonik Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    SWIVincent, it sounds like You had an allergic reaction to codeine. It's not very common, but some people are allergic to it. It's normally recommended to try a smaller dose, such as 25-50mg, before attempting a recreational dose to see whether they are allergic to it or not. Itching is commonly associated with codeine, but from the sound of it, You had a very severe reaction to it, moreso than one would normally have.

If someone is allergic to codeine, there's not much they can do other than avoid codeine complete, unfortunately.

12. Rio Fantastic

Rio Fantastic Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    That sure is unusual. I'd say either it wasn't the pure codeine you thought it was or you had an allergic reaction to it. 125 mg shouldn't produce such a reaction.

13. SpaceCadetGlow

SpaceCadetGlow Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWIvincent's story almost brought me to tears. I'm deeply sorry to hear about your loss. I know what it's like to lose a loved one and be left with only chemicals for comfort. For some reason SWIvincent's story left SWIM particularly affected. SWIM hopes SWIvincent is doing alright, and again is very sorry to hear of the loss.

Take it easy man.

1. 5/5,
      thanks
      Jul 15, 2007
  14. painfully_lost

painfully_lost Newbie

Reputation Points: