Opium Addiction Potential

Discussion in 'Opium & Poppy' started by LowExpectations, Apr 19, 2006.

1. LowExpectations

LowExpectations Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I recently got his hand son some opium, something he has been wanting to try for a while, so he can better acquaint himself with the narcotic path and have a more complete repertoire of perspective. However, SWIM's dabbling is laced with a strong paranoia of addiction potential. He understands that its not really a worry with the amounts and lack of consistancy, but he would very much like to know the facts and the experiences of what it takes for opium to become dangerous.

What is the LD50 and what does it take to develop an addiction?

Thank you for your time, excuse his paranoia.

2. Alicia

Alicia Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    I have found with opium it can become very easy to do it everyday, specially smoking.However if you have low amounts theres no need to worry try to use it as a treat. rather than something you do everyday. Also addiction with opiates can psychological and physical. Psychological is when the need for mental mind to cope with life needs that perticular substance in order to maintain normality this can be with any substance but opiates in general cushion the user moreso this would delvope before the physical, you would need to do this daily for a while with opium it is possible as swim herself as had nasty flu like symptoms from it when cease after a month of use,

The LD50 for opium because it is a mixture of different opiates comes at varie strenghts would depend on the user, it is difficult to od on opium via smoking maily because you can stop when u need to. that does'nt MEAN its not possible start with small amounts. Oral use or tinitures pose more risk of od due to much being consumed.
    Hope this helps

3. psyche

psyche Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from finland
    I have never done opium either and he's going to grow some this summer. He has also given some tought to the addiction potential. He is the kind of person who would easily find himself redosing day after day if he liked it. He got half a gram of papaver somniferum seeds and he's wondering how much would those yield? Not too much, I guess?

4. Alicia

Alicia Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    most swim ever got ever of a single pod was 1grm however it depends entirely on the poppies overall age how long its veged for before it flowers showing the pod, I say plant them and wait and see.