Experiences - Opium and Poppy tea experiences

Discussion in 'Opium & Poppy' started by catty, Feb 19, 2003.

1. catty

catty Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Please post your experiences with opium here. If possible note way of use / route of administration, dose, onset, peak, duration and after effects.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have only done opium a couple of times, and SWIM mostly smoked it on top of weed (opidope). Its an opiate so its a pain killer. Its very relaxing and I didnt want to move very much.SWIM heard that unlike pot, there is no real loss of potency if you eat it or if you smoke it. So with pot you'd have to eat like 3 times the amount that you could get stoned on while smoking, but you could eat the same amount basically of opium as smoking it and get a similar high.

The only real side effect that I know of is addiction, so be careful about that.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2007
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    How long does the experience last? Are there any after effects? Hangovers?

3. catty

catty Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWIM'd say it lasted for me shorter than the high I got from the pot. maybe an hour and a half total? I didn't feel any after effects, but i think that all depends on how much you do, and how often you do it. obviously if you do it enough, you will get symptoms of withdrawl. but i dont think there are any mentionable after effects

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    I have done opium about 30 times, I don't like smoking it but catty is right, if you want to eat it, have at least 1/3 of a gram. it's a great drug IMO, makes you feel very calm and warm, and effects use to last around 8 hours, depending on the dose (I like the best to eat it, half a gram is a good dose).

the bad thing about it is nausea, be sure you have none or little food in your stomach, and that you don't move much, otherwise you will most probably vomit.

itmight also become veryaddictive, asopiates make you feel really well. don't do it more than once or twice a week if you can find it easily (here it's hard to find, but I have been told it's widespread avaliable in spain, and as cheap as hashish).

5. eluwei

eluwei Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I just have one piece of advice for anyone who wants to try opium: don't smoke it before you have something important to do. From my experience, I found that it's really hard to pay attention to things. You just space out, and have no clue what's going on (i.e. if a friend is talking to you). SWIM also experienced a LOT of stupid thoughts. Opium has become my favorite drug.

6. wolfqaeaj

wolfqaeaj Newbie

Reputation Points:
    There are only a few REAL dangers of opium.Getting fake opium is one, which can happen easely. Dragons Bloode inscence looks alot like Red Rock opium, but that can be solved easily by cutting the rock in half.If you find a whitish substance that can be broken away from the actual tar, youve found dragonsbloode. The other danger is having an allergic reaction, which has happened in a good number of people, which causes the mouth and throaght to be puffy.

other than that little boys and girls, its an overall good comfortable tingly feeling, and its really very fun.

7. Lump

Lump Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Mmmm. Dreamy. Friend of mine had a ceramics studio and made us all clay opium bowls for chrissie pressies one year, copied from the traditional Chinese versions. Nobody ate much at the party. We were all lazing around on cushions and couches like some neo-Roman shindig. Smoking the first time? Sideways euphoria weird in slow-mo.

The warning label: Of course opium is addictive. Keep that sorta thing for blue moons and similar events, five or six times a year max. I've seen people take a hit like they were smoking weed, seen the distress in their face as they aren't sure whether to cough or puke and then do both. Some folks get tres itchy (more so than with other variations). 25-50 mgs of otc antihistimine helps. Smoke a little and then add to it if needed--it's like painting, adding color is easy, taking it away, difficult and unpleasant. Do not drive or operate machinery more complicated than a can opener.

Never adulterated either weed or opium with either, so I don't know about that, but I'd personally keep em separated. Both on their own are just dandy. Never myself, nor heard of anyone hallucinating, but the euphoric quality of opium can produce vivid (always pleasant in my xp) dreams, sometimes a sort of waking dream, esp if you're curled up with someone you feel fuzzy towards anyway.

8. sands of time

sands of time Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Opium is very magical in the feeling. You feel absolutely good all over, almost like being drunk without all the negitive effects, and you feel much better. You just get very relaxed and everything is peachy...

9. markdahman

markdahman Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    What about sex and opium? haha Im sure this would be preety fuked up!

10. Kemikaru_Tenshu

Kemikaru_Tenshu Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o
    ^^^Opium contains morphine, and morphine oftencauses an inability to ejaculate in some men. Although this can be good for the girl as you can technically go forever, it can be frustrating for the guy. JMHO.

~KT

11. betty_bupe

betty_bupe Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Smoking opium is like being wrapped in a warm, fuzzy blanket whilst
    floating in the amniotic fluid of your mother's womb. No cares,
    worries..everything is grand. Be careful if you mix it with
    alcohol- I did, and I could barely walk for hours.

I have smoked and eaten it- smoking is definitely more fun and more of
    a pleasurable, controlable buzz. Eating made me nauseous,
    dizzy, and scared- mind you,I did chow down on one whole gram (which SWIM
    wouldn't advise to an opiate-naive person), and I was watching Blue
    Velvet. Creepy. The comedown was rough- cold shivers,
    nausea, dizziness.

Smoking in a regular weed pipe may or may not work for you, cuz the
    opium melts and runs- it can plug your pipe up. Use
    porcelain/clay bowls like the Portuguese used to, maybe augment it with
    a bit of exotic tobacco. Even though SWIM don't smoke cigs, I would
    recommend a bit of tobacco, or possibly weed, in order to insure the
    inflammation of the O.

Opium is a magical drug- check out the writings of Coleridge or
    deQuincey...Just make sure you respect mother Opium, cuz if you don't,
    she's gonna kick your ass....

Betty_Bupe[​IMG]

12. fletch

fletch Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    I have only ever smoked opium, never done it orally or anything. the aroma is absolutly the most pleasant I has had the privledge of smelling. it is a wonderful drug if swim wishes to relax and ponder upon the small things in life. it makes you feel extremely lazy, ad warm. its kinda hard to explain for me, but SWIM loves opium.

13. Axel

Axel Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Posting from a country (Iran,) which is to Opium what Jamaica is to Ganja [​IMG], I can inform you that eating O is not the way to go, as within half an hour you will certainly look and feel like a person who has just shot up O's bastard; Heroin.

I must let you non-Asians who have little experience with smoking the stuff that using direct heat ( be it by a lighter or matches,) on your O will not give you the best possible effect.

Those of you who've seen the old Chinese dens probably know that when the O is put in bowl of a clay pipe, a piece of burning coal is placed near the Oto get it slowly boiling, or that the O isheated on a small aplliance which looks like a grill, and the subsequent fumes are inhaled through a pipe.

As with most other narcotics, O has more than 1 appearence and taste--in the Golden Crescent (Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iran,) it is very likely to be quite brown and as many put it "like chocolate," with a strong, bitter taste and fumes. In India I found the type which is dark red and has a very pleasant, fruity taste and smell.

It seems most of the O produced in the Golden Triangle (Burma, Thailand, Laos,) also fits the description of the former type.

14. ironslave

ironslave Newbie

Reputation Points:
    hmmmm oxycodone.. i already made a post bout this but what the hell..

Form: Pill. Percocet (5mg Each) Note: percocet contains acetaminophen in high doses.. 300-500 Mg based on the pill.. the reccomended daily maximum dose of this drug is 4000Mg 7000Mg is lethal.

i crushed these babies up and took em as is.. i didnt wanna go through the bullshit of extracting the oxycodone...

dose. 25Mg. (5 pills) (NOTE: most peeps say this is too much and 10-15 is best)

onset.. light numbness, light uphorea, false sense of security. no pain oviously and feeling of extreme well being

peak.. Waves of extreme drowsiness followed by waves of extreme alertness.. the opie itch, tingles still

durration: 3 hours

after effects, tired, light constipation, light itching. mind is disconectedEdited by: ironslave

15. twintornado

twintornado Newbie

Reputation Points:
    53 y/o
    Ironslave i think youve got the wrong end of the stick, oxycodones not opium.

I have taken opium by two methods either in a tea, only the once with
    about a 1cm diameter ball of opium. very difficult to dissolve fully so
    may of been too much. onset was fairly slow (difficult to be completely
    accurate with this due to smoking opium and yabba as well). I didn't
    find a pronounced peak anywhere near as strong with smoking. duration
    was around 8+ hrs, with a light headed detachedness for at least 24hrs.
    quite itchy.

I wouldn't recommend this method except for therapeutic needs.

smoking on the other had produces a peak within 5mins, the dosage is
    impossible to say although the total consumed during 8hrs was a disk
    4mm thick and 4cm diameter again consumed with yabba to negate the
    lethargy. some itchyness, but no nausea.

16. pancho

pancho Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Minnesota, U.S.A.
    opium is one of my favorite, last time I did this they used hot knives, relativly small amout since I was with 1st time users, then I got in afight right when I was peaking and adrenaline blocked the feeling for a while. swim later chilled out and felt pretty good with some nice fruity and frosty buds. oh at it was some pretty good black tar opium. my sources said it came from a solider, I am jus mad because im all out now, you would be amazed on how long an 1/8 of that lasted swim smokin it by themselves mostlyEdited by: pancho

17. Beltane

Beltane Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from California, U.S.A.
    Yup. Doing the perfect amount of yayo can sometimes preclude
    getting things done. A little less than the perfet amount is a
    good todo list hustler.

- W

18. kritikal

kritikal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    My Opium experiences have been very recent, not many encounters but the encouters are all close together. The only other opiate i have had (that i am aware of anyway) is codeine, recreationally and for pain relief.

Day 1: I was at a pub having a few drinks with amate(W) and 2 chicks/mates,one of the chicks(P)would not shutup about Ice.Me and my matewanted some so bad but all we managed to get was some MDMA.

W's dadgrew poppies for the flowers so wesliced a few andlet them bleed.we downed the pillsat about 8, came up at about 8:30 and went to Kings Park we dropped P home and the other chick(R) was driving. We had a few drinks at the park and had a great time, R drove us back to W's house and we all stayed the night by this time me and W had pretty much come down.

We scraped all the poppies we let bleedand ended up with about 200mg of brownish, not fully dried Op. We smoked it up in a Bulb, W went first and immediately after the first toke, his face broke out in huge beads of sweat, he said he felt his whole face tingle, and i said dude ur sweating like a motherfucker! At first it made me scared to take my hitcoz i thought he had a bad reaction, but he ended up alright, I took my hit and immediately was relaxed,It tastes and smells very distinct but in a nice way.R took a hit and said she didnt really feel much. we smoked a bit more, i didnt get too much euphoria just very relaxed.

After this we smoked ashitload ofcones and joints and got real blazed, W had not stopped smoking since he got home, cone after cone after cone, and smoked about $50 in 2hour. We had an endless supply of weed so it was good. Pot seems to bring out the euphoria alot more. We went to sleep, i dozed off quite easily and W said he didnt get too much sleep.

Day 2: We went outside and got a few more of the poppies that we couldnt manage to see in the dark, and scraped and smoked em, very relaxing, I ate about 4 poppies worth of Op on the way home and felt very nice.

I had realised a few days back an oldbloke down the road was growing some so i snippedthe podsoff and bleeded them, I smoked the resultant with some weed and felt very trashed. You definently need some weed when smoking Op (Or taking other opiates),it just give you that extra "fuckedness", I layed back and eventually went to sleep.

Day 3: Consider the Pods did not bleed to well i chopped them up, put them in some just under boiling water added1tsp citric acid and shook the fuck out if it, I let sit for about 2 hours, filtered, then repeated the process. The result was300ml ofbrown liquid that tasted so fowl and bitter (from the acid) but seemed to wash down very easily with a sweet drink, it made me fell very sick.

I had scouted out another house with some poppies and managed to obtain those aswell, I bled these and got about 70mg of Op which i smoked when i felt the sickness, it immediately vanished.

The rest of the night i felt very good, This was the first time i had noticeable euphoria, and it felt very much like a dose of around 150mg-200mg of codeine. I had never had morphine(previous to day 1)but what i experienced was exact to codeine, just a little clearer. I've hadno weed all day butsmoked my last cone before i went to bed, this put me on my hole in a very good and different way to codeine, and usually i would need at leat5 cones to get stoned. I was in and out of sleep all night (at least i thought i was), and was in such a "happy place."

Day 4: No Op today, but the hangover i experienced from the night before was exactly like an alcohol hangover. Sickness in the stomach, A little dizzy, Lethargy, and a slight headache, At one point in the morning i was so close to vomiting but managed to hold on and the urge never came back. I wanted more Op but it didnt really bother me at all.

Every time i tried opium it just left me wanting more of the effects, I havent experienced the full effects of this magical plant and would like to in the near future, i can see the addiction potential for this drug as being very high, but considering that it comes from neighbours and friends, once i run out, i will have to wait a full year for my next hit.I know i will not become addicted and have the will power to not buy any Opiates, as Heroin is really the only one i could get on the streets.I never want to go down that road.

19. IHrtHalucingens

IHrtHalucingens Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    i split and 8th with a friend and we went out seprerate ways, later i smoked it on its own, didnt do much for me made me a little tire nothin to noticable, i prefer to add a grma or so a opium to an 8th blunt and smoking that, i had a great high wiht more of a mellow mind set. My opinion is a bit wishy washy but id like ot try it again maybe smoke more and see how i feel, cua i hear good htings about it.!

20. Dexhate

Dexhate Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I would like to know which is the 'classic' way to smoke it. Should be raw or cooked? I would get a lil' ball of O on a needle, pass the O ball on the flame for a couple of seconds till it gets smooth then stick on the hole of the pipe bowl, use a candel to light it up while inhaling..
    Is it right?