Opium Licker, a recent experience

Discussion in 'Opium & Poppy' started by allyourbase, Oct 10, 2005.

1. allyourbase

allyourbase Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    a friend of mine uses opium a lot. he drinks opium tea about once a week, and is an avid opium eater and smoker. this person has 3 good sources for raw opium latex and buys it fairly avidly. until recently hed only smoked it (a method which produces a very strong high, that very quickly loses potency) or eaten it (this method takes a while to come up, requires about 3 grams of material [which is more than 12 times what it takes when smoked or vaporized] but lasts around 8 hours and provides a very nice high). but recently two of his sources had been telling him about chewing(sort of a"dip")and how in their home countries its often sold flavored for this purpose. well recently this friend had 8 grams of mixed (hard black tar and light reddish tan latexes mixed which sheared a true light tan color) opium tars, and this being such an odd amount decided to try the dip method. so a gram was slowly and laboriously twisted off of the whole gob, flattened, and placed under the toungue. IT TASTES HORRIBLE. no wonder they flavored it. well within about an hour, after it had dissolved in his mouth and the bitter flavour had subsided he began to feel quite warm, and very calm. very soon he was HIGH, very high. it provided a nice middle of the road point between smoking and eating. it takes about 4 times what you need when smoked and about one third of what ingestion requires, and yet lasts 2 hours longer than if youd smoked it but 2 hours less than actual ingestion. overall it was fully worth it, and my friend may begin using all of his opium tars sublingually.

TAR-> http://profiles.yahoo.com/123_000

2. bigt

bigt Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    dam.. if only opium was more available then it is..only ever came across it once.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2007
  3. allyourbase

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    if you live in a major city its far more prevailant than you think. almost every major city has some area of people who are of middle eastern or far eastern descent. I live in a place you probably wouldnt even imagine would have opium, and yet its available rather readily, for about 2.50 a gram. people from the pacific islands also seem to have the hook up. not to mention most people daring enough to grow marijuana might also be daring enough to grow a few trays of poppy.

4. bigt

bigt Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    would a few trays of poppies be enough to produce a nice amount of opium for personal daily use?

5. allyourbase

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    yeah you could easily grow 8 plants in a 6" by 1' tray, each of these at the proper point of immaturity would produce between .25 and .75 grams of latex, if smoked that would be enough to keep someone high for a week, from one tray. Edited by: allyourbase

6. Be-Bop

Be-Bop Silver Member

Reputation Points:

So, taking the middle road, (coz i am so goddamnwell WELL ADJUSTED!!!), & presuming you got about .5gm of latex from each pod = 4gms, does this mean, at about 10% morphine content, that you would have around .4grm of morphine?

Following that logic, & math, it would take around 800 plants to produce 40grm of morphine? Or can each plant produce more than one pod? Sorry, i'm not as knowledgeable about the NOBLE POPPY as i have tried to be re. the chemistry of a few of the alkaloids of that plant!

Quick math...20,000 plants to produce a kilogram of morphine!!!! Now, THAT IS A DREAM WORTH HAVING!!!!!!!!

bE-bOP [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. acolon_5

acolon_5 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Maryland, U.S.A.
    Ummmm, about the 8 poppies producing almost a gram...I have to say that is not true in SWIM's experience.....All the material I have read (not to mention the 4 crops he has grown over the past 4 years) that it takes anywhere from 25-50 hi latex pods to get a gram of RAW opium. You need about 1.25 grams uncleaned to get 1 gram of cleaned O...just my observations,.......Half a gram per plant...that is unrealistic man...not gonna happen...ever.....From what I have read it takes 1 acre of poppies to supply 1 opium user for a year and we are talking about ten's of thousands of poppies.

8. allyourbase

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    it depends on the plants youre growing my friend. even just the average sized ones hold about75 ml of latex. it also depends on whether youre using a centerfuge juicer or a needlepoint. poppy heads can reach the size of softballs and hold as much as two grams of latex. I was actually being conservative. theres no need for small time producers to "clean" their opium, I highly doubt theyll be finding any twigs or plant matter in it. [​IMG]

1. 4/5,
      Good points made about capacity.
      Jul 12, 2016
  9. Be-Bop

Be-Bop Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Yeah, from the bits & pieces i've read there are many variables in terms of how much opium & morphine is produced...the same strain poppy can vary wildly from pod to pod, & then weather, soil, the individual farmer's treatment of his crop..not to mention the extraction method used..whether the time honoured lance/scrape method, or the more recent chromotagraphic methods..as i posted somewhere,i have a copy of an Abstract on the effect of maturity & spacing on Morphine yield, using a chromotagraphic procedure to extract the Morphine.... ie, 'mulching' the whole pod, & then using acidified water to extract the alkaloid.

The researchers found no difference between the two varieties that they planted,& littlein the spacing of the plants, 20% more in those with 6cm planting, as opposed to the12 & 18cm planting (30cm between double rows on ridges 102cm apart). While they found that the pods at 'opium stage', when the pods would normally be lanced, hadthe greatest concentration of Morphine (4-6 days after flowering)... Leaving the pods to maturity (29-33 days after flowering) produced the greatest yieldof Morphine...5.36Kg Morphine/ Hectare(Opium stage), to 6.70Kg Morphine/Hectare(seed stage)

Tho', the highest yield they had, the above figures are averages, was 8.05 Kg/Ha for 6cm spacing with the Morphine collected at 29-33 days after flowering. Other papers that i have copies of, where the incision/scraping method of collection is used, the yield is more in the 3.5-4.5Kg/Ha range. Actually, these figures combine both mthods, as the dried capsules, once threshed for their seed, are sent away for the extraction of the remaining Morphine.Then again, in the famous DEA doc. on Opium/Morphine/Heroin production, they quote yields of Opium of between 8-20Kg/Ha , & so a Morphine production of between .8-2Kg/Ha..

Most sources that i have looked through, while i'm sitting in front of the com-pew-ter, mention an Opium production, per pod of between .08g &.1g... & so a Morphine content of 0.008 & 0.01g. (8 & 10mg/pod)It seems pretty clear from all theabove contradictory stuff that you get much better yields from your poppies by extracting the ENTIRE pod, & not just scraping the capsules..which i think would give not muchmore than 1.5Kg of Morphine per hectare...., which is a fuck of a lot of plants in anyone's language!!!

I didn't really mean for this post to go on for so long, but i hope..among all the confusingly written shit, there is some food for thought..

Be-Bop [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

1. 4/5,
      Good information.
      Jul 11, 2016