1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Smoking - opium pipe question

Discussion in 'Opium & Poppy' started by cocaman, Sep 13, 2011.

1. cocaman

cocaman Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    I have purchased an opium pipe and as far as I can tell from the picture, it has a bowl similar to that of a hash pipe.

But I've heard that opium shouldn't be smoked with a direct flame.... how would this work?

2. Moving Pictures

Moving Pictures Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o from U.S.A.
    not a realy opium pipe. Opium pipe you vaporize the shit. The bowl looks like a door knob. At least with the real ones. You probably bought some rip off online "opium pipe" that is really just a weed/tobacco bowl.

Go buy a speed pipe. An oil burner. They work great. Else you could use foil. I never suggest anyone smoke opium though unless they have a ton of it. Eating it is far more effective and you don't have to cook it first.

3. Nanashi

Nanashi Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Using a 'hotstick' is the best way to get it to vaporize, A hot stick is a glass rod which is used in combination with a blowtorch and then placed in direct contact with the opium. When done correctly it will work far more efficiently at vaporizing than a lighter.

4. magick81

magick81 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Liverpool, Sydney, Australia
    My dog plans on getting himself a vaporizer, the same kind they sell to vaporise marijuana.

Apparently, you can even grind up the pods and vaporise them with a surprisingly potent effect. And because nothing is burning, it is supposed to be better for you, health wise as youre not breathing in all the nasty fumes and shit from burning.

5. PHARMADOER

PHARMADOER Newbie

Reputation Points:
    59 y/o from U.K.
    yes glass oil pipes are the best way to vaporise the opium properly as you do not want to burn it l