Combinations - Opium / Psychedelic Combination

Discussion in 'Drug combinations' started by armatitumor, Feb 17, 2006.

1. armatitumor

armatitumor Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Hey,

I am thinking of trying opium along with one of the following:

acid
    mescaline
    2C-I
    2C-T-7

Does anyone have any experience with any of these? What do you guys think?

2. kemistudent

kemistudent Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    I think you should learn to enjoy each substance individually. If I had REAL opium, I am pretty sure I wouldn't need to mix it with phenylethylamines, or tryptamines.

3. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    Have you tried opium before? If not then maybe you should try it on its own. I do not personally have experience with opium + psychadelics but it would probably make the trip more mellow. It would take some of the edge off and relax you a bit.

4. Richard_smoker

Richard_smoker Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    SWIM can actually tell you a lot about these combos.

One paragraph should give what you need to know:
    If you were accustomed to taking opiates every day (addicted),
    and you took one of the psychedelic PEAs (i.e. 2ci, 2c-e, 2c-t-2, 2c-t-4, 2c-t-7) then you would probably notice something strange while you are on this trip... according to my friend, your craving for the opiate will actually seem to GO AWAY (!) during your PEA trip! And, if you were to take your usual opiate drug-of-choice during this experience, you probably won't even feel the opiate.

In other words, taking opiates while on the other drugs seems to be a giant waste of opiates!

I don't know about LSD or mescaline. I would think that (with LSD, at least), the opiates would provide a warmer, more mellow, happy time--and less chance of 'freaking out' on the acid.

Perhaps there are others out there with different experiences...

My theory is that the PEAs either have a partial opiate agonist effect or they just trigger similar intracellular events as opiates--leading to a similar 'feeling' as opiates or the PEAs somehow 'short-circuit' the endogenous opioid cascade, masking the effects of opiate drugs.

(this statement does not apply to other PEAs like amphetamines--at least not in my friend's experience.)

5. Motorhead

Motorhead Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    45 y/o from Canada
    seems to besssss, iiiiiffffffffsssssssss, i would love a big NEEdle in my arm right now. no Seriously, that would be good. utfse of life and continue on

6. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Mixing opiates with psychedelics don't really work that well. SWIM's only experience is with codeine and shrooms but the effects seem to nullify each other and it's easy to slip into an exhaustive and boring trip.

7. armatitumor

Reputation Points:
    OK thanks, I guess SWIM wont do it then. Or he'll save it for another time at least.

8. Creeping Death

Creeping Death Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Opium is great by itself. Wasting such a rare drug on some kind of cowboy buisness is something you might regret. Besides, opiates will probably ruin the psychadelic effect since its a depressant.

9. CrookedEye

CrookedEye Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Swim used heroin with LSD many times, and it enabled him to take extremely high doses of LSD but still feel pure euphoric high... However, it is probably more productive to keep them separate... Swim thinks smoking a bowl of opium during an LSD trip is definitely enjoyable, very mellowing, but adds some to the visuals...

10. armatitumor

Reputation Points:
    Thanks for all the input. I have decided to try this the next time he can get his hands on some opium. I'll be sure to remind him to write up a trip report.

11. napoleon in rags

napoleon in rags Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I think you might have more luck smoking weed with your PEA's..... It's a great combo.

Maybe save some opium for the comedown? that might be pretty fun

12. sunyata

sunyata Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from norway
    Interesting, swim tried to use codeine to abort an acid trip that turned bad, nothing cancelled anything out. My body felt like it swelled up and so did everything around me. You know the reflection from those balls that hang from the christmas tree? Everything looked like that. Not fun, but I had to laugh at all his (own) lame attempts to escape the trip.
    After that I decided to accept he had to go through this ordeal and was able to enjoy it at times(the acid, that is, the codeine was just annoying).

13. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Codeine wouldn't be my first choice to escape an unwanted trip. Valium would be a lot more effective.

14. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    SWIM's closest comparison would be percocet and DXM, the combination of aceteminophen and the sugars in the Robotussin Max Strength ended up making SWIM violently puke, but he did acheive a 2nd plateau trip with absolutely none of the warm opiate effects. Maybe it was due to the vomiting or DXM's different pharmacology than the 2c-x's, but in my opinion, perhaps a waste of time and drugs.

15. sunyata

sunyata Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from norway
    I agree, based on that experience, but I was desperate and nothing else was at hand.
    BTW, the codeine pills contained paracetamol/acetaminophen too which may have contributed to the nasty reaction. And I didn't have the focus, nor the time to perform a cold water extraction.

16. enquirewithin

enquirewithin Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda
    Mixing opiates with psychedelics is not very productive. Either the opium will overpower the psychedelic and give you a dull sleepy trip or you could find yourself in a twisted sort of space.

I wouldn't say that they are synergistic. They don't work together. Psycedelics dilate your pupils, opiods contract them.

Opium might be pleasant enough at the end of the trip.

17. enquirewithin

enquirewithin Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda
    Mixing opiates with psychedelics is not very productive. Either the opium will overpower the psychedelic and give you a dull sleepy trip or you could find yourself in a twisted sort of space.

I wouldn't say that they are synergistic. They don't work together. Psychedelics dilate your pupils, opiods contract them.

Opium might be pleasant enough at the end of the trip.

Contrary to popular opinion, there is nothing very exciting about opium.

18. Jeff Woad

Jeff Woad Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    39 y/o from U.K.
    I agree with enquirewithin about not taking the opium before, or even at the same time as your psychedelic, but it can be very nice just after the peak of an acid. (after you can feel that you're not going to get any higher.)

Also, save some for the day after!!!