1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Orange Juice and Ecstacy

Discussion in 'Ecstasy & MDMA' started by sterling77, Oct 3, 2006.

1. sterling77

sterling77 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from denmark
    Okay, so swim was thinking the other day about how taking amphetamines with orange juice or other citric juices descreases absorption. It's very common for people to take pills with orange juice for it to kick in faster or something like that. You would think the orange juice would hinder the MDMA. Any thoughts?

2. SPWIM

SPWIM

Reputation Points:
    Male
    It contains vitamin C which reduces the neurotoxicity of MDMA, but I'm not sure about it reducing the desired effects.

3. TheFonz

TheFonz Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male

This should help.....http://experts.about.com/q/Pharmacy-1407/Taking-medication-orange-juice-1.htm

4. sterling77

sterling77 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from denmark
    I'm just saying, it's very well established that citric juice, such as orange juice, reduces absorption of amphetamines. Hell, if swim remembers correctly it's even on either the label or information leaflet for adderall. An acidic environment decreases absorption of amphetamines, and an alkaline environment increases absorption (e.g. tums 15 minutes before taking pills.)

Swim knows of many people who regularly down OJ with their pills to kick in faster and harder. Isn't this also shown in the movie "Go"? (again, is swim remembers correctly). What do you guys think? Any experience, knowledge, or opinions to lend?

5. Euphoric

Euphoric Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from Canada
    I can't give you a pharmacological answer. And I dunno if the orange juice in Go is to be used for this purpose, because I don't remember them mentioning what it would be used for. However, in another good rave movie Groove, a dealer/chemist suggests to a guy to eat an orange if he isn't feeling the pill. The dude who takes the pill (< isn't a raver and thinks the party is lame and he's not feeling the E so he leaves, and at some point eats an orange. *SPOILER WARNING* well this isn't a big plot point, but a bit of a joke in the movie I guess. That guy disappears until right at the end, it shows him and he is clearly high and in love with life, lol.:crazy It's pretty good. Hope this somehow helped.

6. quili

quili Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
    Swim thinks that orange juice stimulates the immune system or the body or something and that this helps to start up/bring out psychadelic effects- not just with MDMA but LSD and others too? This is what she has heard/gathered and it has been recommended to her by various heavier drug users than herself, so it seems to be reasonable. Swim's nothing of an expert on the matter though. Swim thought the main thing with orange juice and MDMA was to avoid dehydration and overhydration. Good luck finding out some more info.

7. Tony Blair

Tony Blair Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    A lot of this is all very well in theory... But in practise, the difference is negligable - as it is if you make your belly more alkaline with Rennie or whatever beforehand :)