Drug info - Orange Sunshine 1971

Discussion in 'LSD' started by searcher, Apr 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. searcher

searcher Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Massachusetts, U.S.A.
    And microdots. mmmmmm

Freak out

2. kitchkinet

kitchkinet Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    some people say that orange sunshine was ALD-52 ooooooooooooooooo

3. searcher

searcher Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Massachusetts, U.S.A.
    ALD-52, HMM, ya I heard that to. Just what is ALD 52? Relative to LSD 25?

It sure was crazy trip shiznit. mmmmmmmm

4. kitchkinet

kitchkinet Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I don't think any one who was alive in 71 would say shiznit.

5. Psilocybe S.

Psilocybe S. Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    ALD-52? YELLOW SUNSHINE ACID(Sorry, never heard of Orange Sunshine), was LSA, which is the chem found in Morning Glory Seeds. So if infact O.S. exists, then it is probably something like ald or whatever. In the late 60's and 70's, Yellow sunshine was synthed in clandestine labs in northern cali, and was a popular form of LSD. (or should I say LSA.)

6. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Orange Sunshine... it was Mescaline.

Back in the good-old-days, I knew several people who experimented with all of the psychedelic goodies (although I was a late bloomer).

The way I remember Orange Sunshine is, it looked like a tiny tin-can. It was about an eighth-of-an-inch across, anda quarter-inch tall. It was orange (actually yellow-orange).

It was a pretty-good dose of Mescaline (for those who like its effects). Most people, however, were taking Windowpane.

(I heard that) the reason it got its name is: When tripping on Mescaline, you can see the world brighter than ever, without the high intensity of LSD(hence Sunshine), and Orange (the break of dawn, before the sun is impossible to look at).

7. Zandorf

Zandorf Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

no pill that small could possibly carry an active dose of mescaline.

hunter s. thompson makes a clear distinction between his orange sunshine acid and his mescaline capsules in fear and loathing.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2007
  8. noeticbuzz

noeticbuzz Newbie

Reputation Points:

Just wondering where you got this from (not trying to be a prick or anything) because I've never ever heard of lsa being passed off as sunshine acid.

From my understanding orange sunshine was just verya remarkably pure crystalmade by Tim Scully (Owsley's apprentice).

9. Motorhead

Motorhead Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    44 y/o from Canada
    Whenever i got yellow microdot back about 10 or soyears ago it was always called California Sunshine. It always felt like the other acid i did, only alot better lol. We didnt know if it was lsd-25, lsa , ald-52, mescaline, or dog shit. All we know is that we got us really good and fucked up.Bahhaahaahaa.

10. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    I have heard orange sunshine was ald-52. I doubt it could be LSA or mescaline. Supposedly the lsd cookes found the recipe for ald-52 in the harvard library and started making it instead and layed it on the orange sunshine.

11. GDxCAT

GDxCAT Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    sunshine was not lsa or mescaline, both of which require doses that
    wouldnt fit on blotter (and LSA isnt even a chemical, morning glory
    seeds are made up of LSA's</span>).

It might have been ALD or just really clean, good LSD. No way to tell now.

12. sanyan

sanyan Newbie

Reputation Points:
    After Owsley was arrested in 1967 at his tabbing facility at Orinda, California, his protege Scully set up a laboratory with Nicholas Sand. They manufactured a quantity of ALD-52, which they called Sunshine. In the spring of 1969, Ron Stark, began supplying underground acid to the Brotherhood of Eternal Love. Since the Brotherhood was also, by this time, distributing ALD-52, and since both drugs were tabbed into identical pills (except for a few early blue tablets of ALD-52), many people didn't realize that there was more than one kind of Sunshine.
    -TIHKAL #26

"ALD-52 just may have been the drug that was sold as "Orange Sunshine" during the "Summer of Love" in the late '60's. Or "Orange Sunshine" may have been, really, LSD. This was the focus of a fascinating trial where two defendants were accused of distributing LSD, whereas they claimed that it was ALD-52 which was not an illegal drug. The prosecution claimed that as it hydrolyses readily to LSD, for all intents and purposes it was LSD, and anyway, you had to go through the illegal LSD to get to ALD-52 by any of the known chemical syntheses. The defendants were found guilty."
    Edited by: sanyan

13. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Sanyan is correct. And ALD-52 reverts to LSD25 with contact with water. The BEL made a valient attempt to backdoor the law, the prosecution was able to prove intent and posession. Besides, in 1967, the Viet~Nam War was raging and young folks taking it did not think it was a good idea to go and kill and be killed. So the government had a vested interest to get rid of the devil-drug LSD25 by whatever means needed. It was bad for business.

14. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    1971 Orange Sunshine WAS Acid ... then its Name was used in 1977 as a marketing scam for Mescaline.

I (incorrectly) announced that Orange Sunshine was Mescaline. I learned this from a Friend, who was just repeating what he heard.

In the Summer of 1977, I was visiting Philip in Oakland. After an hour, his roommate got home, smiling ear-to-ear. They ran into the bedroom. A couple minutes later, Philip popped out with about 50 little orange cans in his left hand. He said: "Hey, look at this! I'm set until Thanksgiving."

He explained that Simon had just come back from the Haight-Ashbury with 500 hits of Mescaline. He got them for $2 a pop. We were looking at the cans, and laughing. After a while he popped 2 of them. We walked the 2 blocks down to Lake Merritt. As we were plopped down on the grass, watching the joggers go by, he explained that this stuff was called Orange Sunshine. He said that it had been around for years, but that this was the first time he had any of it.

Anyway, that's how I found the "truth" about Orange Sunshine. Now I see that I learned a newly-coined nick-name for a new way to package Mescaline.

I hadn't talked to Philip for over 15 years. I found Philip a few days ago.I called around, until I found his Aunt. She said that he didn't havea phone. And that he was living with one of his on-again-off-again girlfriends. I called her (he was off-again). I missed him by a couple days. She told me the name of his favorite bar. I went down there, and talked to the Bartender: "Oh yeah. He'll be here about 5 o'clock." Good, it was 4:30.

At 5:10 (10 minutes to get there from work), Philip sauntered in. He walked up and ordered a drink. I waited a minute or so, while he talked to the Waitress. Then I called over to him. He turned around and smiled. It was just like I'd seen him yesterday (the years just melted away). We caught up on the news. I showed him my Post. We reminisced about his Psychedelic days. I told him that I'm IN those days right now. We chatted for almost 3 hours (what a day).

Philip claims that he didn't know that Orange Sunshine was Acid (in its earlier life). He said that (often) people make up "Legends" about whatever stuff they have. It makes it more Romantic. Well, it does. I have Romantically remembered Orange Sunshine, ever since that day. Now I have a NEW Romance: It's Acid (my favorite fuel for tripping). A new legend is born in my mind (and my soul).

It's funny. Later (that first day I wrote my Post), when I read the next Post, I thought: "Hey, I know it is true. Orange Sunshine has to be Mescaline." One thing about me: I always believe what I know, whether it is true or not (most of the time it doesn't matter, though).

I am so glad to be in the Forum. I learn things, I laugh, I share. Edited by: Solidly-here

15. radiometer

radiometer bananadine addict Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Actually, I doubt that it took that long for some enterprising, creative, or
    ignorant soul to sell these pills as "mescaline." [​IMG] I'll bet it was
    happening in the 60's too.

It still happens...I have very fond memories of my trip on a blue microdot
    which was sold as "mescaline" about 10 years ago or so. I even thought it
    was "better than acid," how's that for the power of marketing? [​IMG]Edited by: radiometer

16. TooStupidToPuke

TooStupidToPuke Newbie

Reputation Points:
    This comes from a section of something written in High Times by Bruce Eisner which Bear himself has said Eisner is nuts and talking out of his ass.

17. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Orange sunshine was and is ALD-52, being produced out of northern north america.

Yellow Sunshine was marketed in the 70's and was infact LSA. Lavender was the name for LSA in the late 80's and 90's.

Sunshine (not orange sunshine) was marketed after the ALD-52 bust of skully and was infact STP (DOM, people called it mescal.)

There has been a lot of "sunshine" going around in the last 2 years in north america which is actually DOI or DOC. There's also a lot of "fluff" coming out of northern north america again being called "fluff" and "orange sunshine" when infact it is ALD-52 again. :) And the world keeps on spining... around and around and around

Actually when bear and skully first played with ALD-52 is could only be synthed by starting with LSD-25; it wasn't until the 90's that a synth to reach ald-52 without starting with LSD was discovered or circulated by the 'family.' ALD-52 is being produced again the last couple few years as 'fluff' and 'orange sunshine.'

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2007
  18. mr. strawberry

mr. strawberry Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I took lsd in blotter form called orange sunshine. I can even describe what the paper looked like in full detail if you want, but this was about 1993ish and not the origonal orange sunshine most of you are refering too.

19. TooStupidToPuke

TooStupidToPuke Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Pinkavvy,

what are you? a govt disinformation artist?

1. Lavender is not LSA.
    2. There was no ALD-52 bust of a person whos name your spelling wrong.
    3. theres no ALD-52 outthere nor has there ever been.
    4. you cant make ALD-52 without using LSD, if so please show the recipe.
    again this substance was only made once by Hofmann
    5. lavender, fluff, orange sunshine are all LSD.

where are you getting all this?
    the Family? The Brotherhood?

dude yuor reading too much wikipedia and too much hightimes

prove me wrong

20. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    This information comes from being around the block, collecting various chems, and being on the circuit that grams are broken down. Swip has seen all of these chems broken down on "on the circuit" as what they are as well as LSD.

Prove that their isn't ALD-52 being produced and and on the market in raw gram form on the west coast at the very moment.

Swip has been in the acid scene long enough to see a few floods and a few dry spells as well as many many differant types of chems being handed around. How many times have You sat in a bus at a festival testing various grams that are available at the show with Ehrlich reagent test and watched the color turn purple? Brown? How about a marquies test? This is what swip does. LSD market is swip's specialty and has been involved in harm-reduction and anonymous gram testing at shows for years.

Swip can assure you that the chems he named ARE infact being sold as the names he's stated above in many cases, wether or not it's supposed to be or not.

You made a hefty and stupid accusation at the begining of your post. Make sure you know who you're talking to before you make such stupid statements against them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.