OTC Opiates in Europe

Discussion in 'Opiates & Opioids' started by HappyMondays, Feb 7, 2005.

1. HappyMondays

HappyMondays Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I've tried searching around this forum and elsewhere for some kind of list of over-the-counter opiates for sale in Europe, but I can't find much. Does anybody have an idea of what's out there and/or what's worth paying for? Thanks!

2. icecrew

icecrew Newbie

Reputation Points:
  3. mattp

mattp Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i may be mistaken, but i think codeine is OTC in Europe. weak opiate, but an opiate none the less.

4. HappyMondays

HappyMondays Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Thanks. I've read elsewhere that some people think that paracetamol is an opiate. I've taken medication with it before and I certainly see the anaglesic properties, but it sure doesn't feel like an opiate to me. Any other additions to the list would be great, though.

5. Micklemouse

Micklemouse Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I very much doubt that Tramadol could be bought over the counter, although it is very nice! Coproxomol is currently under review in the U.K. due to it's popularity amongst people wishing to end their life. Cocodamol is still available at the chemists discretion to the best of my knowledge.

Most over the counter meds containing opiates will also contain paracetomol, which will seriously damge your liver if taken to excess on a regular basis - do your homework on this analgesic and please be careful!

6. HappyMondays

HappyMondays Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I certainly don't want to hurt myself. I take hydrocodone, for example, but only after extracting most of the bad stuff. I've read some codiene meds also may require some kind of extracation. Didn't know that about paracetomol - thanks for the tip!

7. twintornado

twintornado Newbie

Reputation Points:
    53 y/o
    swim told me codeine linctus in the uk, 15mg/5ml.

also france and belguim have varying codeine tablets available use google groups for more info