Drug info - OTC/prescription meds containing DXM?

Discussion in 'DXM' started by thermaltakex, Feb 1, 2007.

1. thermaltakex

thermaltakex Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    Is there any good Over the Counter/Prescription mixes with DxM that produce some good euphoric symptoms & other nice things?

2. Riconoen {UGC}

Riconoen {UGC} Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Re: DxM mixes..

Taking a couple dihpenhydramine tabs will kill any nuasea and itching you might get. mj seems to make the trip better for alot of people, tobacco can kick the trip up a notch for some people, whether this is good or bad is up to you. keep some benzos on hand (namely klonopin) if you freak out and want to abort the trip. benzos also make the trip less dysphoric and more fun in swims opinion as well.

3. 2Con-E

2Con-E Newbie

Reputation Points:

When using DXM to trip you probably would want to make sure you get a perparation that has DXM as the only active ingredient i.e. Robotussin cough gels, robotussin max strength, zicam cough mist etc. Preparations containing other active ingredients could be dangerous in high doses. Guafenisen is in many cough remedies and is not very dangerous in high doses but will make you very sick. Products with pseudoephedrine is sort of nice because it adds some speediness to the high, however this COULD be dangers, also all pseeudoephedrine sales are regulated now in the united states. The main thing you probably dont want to take is Coricidin Cough and Cold because it contains chloriphaneramine maleate (sp?) which can be fatal in high doses and is usually the cause of deaths related to abusing cough remedies.

As for mixing other substaces with DXM i havent found too many that go well with it, DXM is very intense in itself. Smoking a little bit of weed on the come up synergizes very well with DXM and i would recommend it to someone who smokes marjuana. Nitrous Oxide was also a decent combination but to anyone who is inexperience with either of the 2 probably shouldnt try it.
    i wouldnt suggest alcohol with DXM either.

4. pankreeas

pankreeas Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    99 y/o

I think Dr. Shulgin says it best.

And my 2 cents? Well Levomethorphan being Opiate stereoisomer of DXM, back up literature, as well as swims own personal experiences have proven this time again. DXM potentiates opiates to something fierce. Get some mild opiates and have fun.

And not to be a granny, but stay safe. Take only preparations with DXM as the main medical ingredient. (There's numerous out there). But for godsakes don't take preparations like nyquil which is full of a plethora of others, including very high doses of acetominophen.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2009
  5. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

CVS Tussin has large amounts of DXM and 1.6% alcohol. This seems to potentiate the DXM and make for a strong trip (probably more side effects resulting though) while not being completely overwhelming.

DXM doesn't seem to really mix with anything besides weed in swim's opinion. Its best left by itself. Swim might try some sedative / euphoric ethnos with some DXM in the future after heavily researching their respective pharmacologies but other than that he won't mix anything else with DXM again!