1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

other drugs that test positive as meth

Discussion in 'Drug testing discussion' started by freenthankful, Feb 18, 2004.

1. freenthankful

freenthankful Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Can anyone tell me what other drugs, over-the-counter or prescription, will test positive as meth on a urine drug test?

2. gepta001

gepta001 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Is it just me, or does anyone else feel less intelligent after reading that? I don't mean to flame. I'm just stating my state of shockedness.

3. clockwork

clockwork Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from austria
    I beleive a lot of things will make you positive on initial screening, but when they gas it the only other thing than meth that show up as meth and amph would be benzphetamine (DIDREX). Although it is a perscription drug, you can obtain a script over the net. I beleive they will be changing the dose of the DIDREX tablets from 50mg to 37.5mg .

I'm thinking there is another one also, adipex. I'm not too sure on the adipex though. Would have to really look into it.

Well I just remembered another one and don't know how I forgot it because it is meth from the pharmacy, DESOXYN. I'm probably forgetting a couple more also.

Who knows, I could be wrong about all the info I gave. I'm probably just saying what somebody told me. Edited by: clockwork

4. Mr.Zenu

Mr.Zenu Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    my dad was taking medicine for ADD and it failed his drug test for meth. I think the drug might have been aderall which technically is meth, but it could have been something eles because he was prescribed several medications.

5. Freak_

Freak_ Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from Germany
    Ritalin (Methylphenidate) will also test positive and perhaps even cold medication that contains ephedrine or pseudoephedrine.

6. clockwork

clockwork Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from austria
    If you are going to try and play your dirty drug test off on a OTC or a scripted drug, it better be something that would also give a false positive after they CG/MS the sample. That blows most 99% of the choices out of the water. I would just stick with (Benzphetamine) DIDREX, it is the tried and true method. Then you have to come up with a script. This is however the easiest part of thye equation.

And beleive me, if you scream false pos. TEHY WILL GAS THE SAMPLE. That is for probation and most employment tests.

7. Mike177

Mike177 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Substances or Conditions which can cause false positives

Ephedrine, pseudoephedrine, propylephedrine, phenylephrine, or desoxyephedrine
    (Nyquil, Contact, Sudafed, Allerest, Tavist-D, Dimetapp, etc)
    Phenegan-D, Robitussin Cold and Flu, Vicks Nyquil
    Over-the-counter diet aids with phenylpropanolamine (Dexatrim, Accutrim)
    Over-the-counter nasal sprays (Vicks inhaler, Afrin)
    Asthma medications (Marax, Bronkaid tablets, Primatine Tablets)
    Prescription medications (Amfepramone, Cathne, Etafediabe, Morazone,
    ...phendimetrazine, phenmetrazine, benzphetamine, fenfluramine, dexfenfluramine,
    ...dexdenfluramine,Redux, mephentermine, Mesocarb, methoxyphenamine, phentermine,
    ... amineptine, Pholedrine, hydroymethamphetamine, Dexedrine, amifepramone, clobenzorex,
    ...fenproyorex, mefenorex, fenelylline, Didrex, dextroamphetamine, methphenidate, Ritalin,
    ...pemoline, Cylert, selegiline, Deprenyl, Eldepryl, Famprofazone)
    Kidney infection, kidney disease
    Liver disease, diabetes

8. Fred the Janitor

Fred the Janitor Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    could you end up passing a drug test if you fail it because you take ritalin or some other ADD medication with a perscription

9. rftn10

rftn10 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Regarding hair follicle testing and ritalin. Ritalin or other ADHD drugs will not show a false positive. Regarding urine testing ritalin can cause a false positive urine tes with the cheaper urine tests, but if your company is using a certified company's , it will not produce a false positive , if in the remote chance it does, further gcms hair test will rule any illicit drug use out. Non stimulants such as strattera will not cause a false positive in any urine test. Can ritalin or other add drugs be tested for sure, but 99% of companies will not test for them , unless they are specifically looking at those drugs. Very expensive for a company.

10. Diverboone

Diverboone Titanium Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
  11. Nanashi

Nanashi Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Female from earth
    You missed bupropion aka wellbutrin. ;)