1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Over-amp?

Discussion in 'Methamphetamine' started by somnolute, Nov 5, 2007.

1. somnolute

somnolute Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have been smoking meth for about a month now, and last night she tried shooting up for the 2nd time. The first time she only had a very small amount but it got her plenty high. Last night, she had about twice that. Swim almost got a cough from it, and then she was very jittery for a few minutes.

After about five minutes though, I could NOT keep her eyes open. She would move her head to look at other people and it looked as if everyone was moving very quickly, and then swim fell asleep. Sitting up.

I wonder if she "over-amped"? Or if this could've been from the weed she had smoked earlier on in the night? I don't handle weed very well, but it had been several hours since then.

And what is over-amping, exactly?

2. FrenchFries

FrenchFries Newbie

Reputation Points:
    mm, how long was You up for before nodding out. I used to pass out between hits if he had been up for longer than a week. Over

3. somnolute

somnolute Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Negative. I had slept 12 hours the previous night.

4. FrenchFries

FrenchFries Newbie

Reputation Points:
    maybe you blacked out? like you were awake you know, but you just don't remember it?

5. beentheredonethatagain

beentheredonethatagain Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from California, U.S.A.
    We need More In Formation, How much did You slam? how much does You usually smoke? How pure or clean is the meth? does it breakdown clean in the spoon, or is it chalky and doesn't breakdown clear?

6. FrenchFries

FrenchFries Newbie

Reputation Points:
    had a friend who over amped once snorting a gram of ice, he said he got a really bad headache then woke up 3 hours later on the floor high as a kite. He was okay, he said he thought he was gonna die though at first.

7. beentheredonethatagain

Reputation Points:
    from California, U.S.A.
    Please don't take this wrong, a small line of ice burns the nose bad as V.D. on the penis. How does one manage to snort a whole gram of ice ? I have a real hard time with that, besides that would be the biggest line NIK has ever known anyone to rail.

8. FrenchFries

FrenchFries Newbie

Reputation Points:
    didn't see it myself, but SWIM personally used to do 1/2 grams at shot and yes it does burn like the gates of hell opened up inside your head, but you really don't mind once you start rushing which lasts an hour or so.

9. Virbius

Virbius Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I doubt the weed had much to do with it, as it appears to have been an immediate reaction to shooting. The cough is normal for anyone who shoots a significant amount. Also, shooting generally creates a "spaced out" feeling, and shooters often even appear to others as what might be referred to as "space cadets".

If someone shoots a small amount, and that get them plenty high... doubling the dose, and the explained after effects could definitely be call an over-amp.

Over-amping is a term meaning someone took too much amphetamine and/or became over amplified from use. To clarify, think of it in terms of how someone eats food. If you eat a little, or just enough, one gets energetic, but if you get "stuffed" it might make one kind of sleepy.

10. beentheredonethatagain

Reputation Points:
    from California, U.S.A.
    The meth today isn't the same as it used to be, the stuff isn't very stimulating in fact it can be down right depressing.

NIk (no-one I know ) bought 1 1/2 grams of ice, it didnt do anything but make him a little spacey, the real stuff would have had him up for days and days, sorry to say it isn't that you over amped its just weak speed.
    Nik did the meth in just a couple of hours last night, that never could of have happened with the real deal of days of old.

11. FrenchFries

FrenchFries Newbie

Reputation Points:
    yeah, agreed on that point BT. Todays dope is suck, I remember first starting when a 20 sack would last 2 days. Then something happened and his dealer started getting bags of tan powdery f---ing garbage. tasted bad to snort or smoke, and you could go to bed an hour after doing some up. In the states the "problem" is that with the War on Drugs going to so well, and the US implementing the methamphetamine control act and putting new laws into effect, it's almost impossible now for a domestic cook to set up shop, and even the mexican national labs are feeling the pinch and decreasing output as a result of the DEA's actions abroad. As a consequence, the stuff that the mexicans make is lower purity, only about 50% to begin with and then everyone and there mom stomps on there dope if they can find the time, and finally the domestic cooks have such low out put that even if there shit is the bomb they're probably only batching for themselves and any little smurfs helping them. Yeah, the meth thing is finally getting under control. Looks like the parties finally over. Fine! I didn't like getting as high as he wanted to every day any ways!

12. Blinkout

Blinkout Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I didn't know what over amping was besides the hearts under stress . I had never experienced it until 5 hours ago using meth and had been awake 50 hours which is my record...
    it was frightening with only common sense to be the only guide through.. I was caught off guard, and alone in the bedroom. And had not done research w over doing meth because SWIM rarely does it..Was too panicked to decipher decisions or to look on this sight during the first 5 min of the episode.

SWIM 2 days ago Relapsed after a couple months clean & followed through w administering the push pull rinse repeat manner of methamphetamine. This occurred earlier today but During the nightmare I had been awake 51 hours. And still over amped; surprised and freaking out. SWIM in the past has only administered this drug 25x throughout 2 years and I had believed it was all kosher. Because it was the 5th administration during 50 hours, and didn't seem to be more than previous doses. It Was just a a few digits worth of currency.

SWIM finished the i.v. application which Was pushed slow to give the body a warning. No more then 5 seconds after swims nose and cheeks itch in a spasm and then comes 3 convulsion like coughs and Then dry heaves as if there a wasp suck in the throat of SWIM. head starts entering a daze like feinting sensation... As soon as I am able to breath and not fear collapsing. SWIM sipS water but knows it's too late to try and hydrate. So results to slow breathing and takes long deep breathes. And sits out the slider on the porch.

then the head confusion increases and gets even more light and dizzy.. my head, brain, skull, and skin beneath hair begin to go numb then the tingling, burning, itching, and foggy blur in vision to where I was really scared that damage was going to render him a victim. And there were chest pains around ribs that scared swim to think He was having a heart attack. Swim thought hes going to feint.

SWIM now sitting down outside realized, sitting w the bend in torso and the knees means more pressure would be on the heart. So SWIM stands up and continues to breath. Still worried about being a permo fried vegetable... Then change my music on iPhone from dubstep rave to some slow piano. Then got in bed 5 hours ago and haven't really moved. When it all sank in.. Cause it was full force within 15-20 seconds. And my mouth taste like metal. The cough, nose irritant, and metal mouth was gone within 30 seconds. But the racing heart, adrenaline buzz, anxiety and stress from doing too much didn't leave SWIM for probably 20 minutes.

Safe experimenting.

13. misfit21

misfit21 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Alright everybody... I'm surprised that there seems to b so much confusion on over-amping and over dosing. They actually mean the same thing except over dosing applies to heroin, opiates and other prescription narcotics. Over amping means over dosing, but for meth. Like if someone drinks to much alcohol we don't say they overdosed on alcohol. We say alcohol poisoning. (i dont even kno if over amping is an official medical term. Probably made up by somebody that over amped once lol ). The over amp is perhaps less dangerous than a heroin o.d. possibly equal, or more. I personally think less dangerouz. An over amp can essentially only occur via intravenous use because to over amp by smoking it, is not possible. You can maybe overamp if u ate or snorted it, but you'd have to like eat alot depending on ur tolerance. And even then you can only overamp if, what you've eaten can break down and get into your blood stream at a rapid rate. Like "intravenous" rapid. And plus you're most likely to vomit up most of what you ate (if eaten n a large amount) because your stomach recognizes it as poison. An over amp is euphoric; any one who has ever IVd meth knows what injecting meth is like. Euphoric. An over amp is very euphoric, too euphoric, jus too much. You become very short of breath, massively accelerated heartbeat, blood pressure. You become very cold. Your vision blurs and your mind becomes very cloudy. Anxiety so powerful you think you are gonna throw up. It is incredibly overwhelming, confusing, and panicking.... and then you pass out -> your bodies natural defense response in that situation. However, if you can jus keep your wits about you, not let the overamp completly take over, and SIT DOWN, you do not neccasarily HAVE to pass out, you can weather it. But if you do pass out, A lil while later you wake back up and feel much better. Just super high. So in this sense, an over amp is not as dangerous as an overdose because you can make it thru an over amp all by yourself. Versus an overdose, in which you're screwed if SOMEONE ELSE ain't there to call an ambulance, give you narcon, or at least drench you in ice water and blow air into your lungs. Some of the dangers of an over amp is that it is very likely to induce cardiac arrest, a seizure, annuerism... stroke? Not sure bout the stroke but the other 3 yes. Now if you do manage to NOT pass out, the next 20 minutes will be an ebb and flow of cold bouts, shortness of breath, too euphoric, confusing, panicking, blurred vision all packed into a wave that comes back at you in about 3 minute intervals and overwhelms you for like 3 to 5 minutes at a time. Just like you just did another shot wayyyyy to big. It comes and goes, leaving you with a few moments of level headedness at a time. There are some other posts in this forum that talk of people wondering if they've over amped by smoking to much or not waiting long enough between applications and I promise you: IF YOU HAVE EVER OVER AMPED, YOU KNOW IT, BEYOND A SHADOW OF DOUBT.

14. Leeloo

Leeloo Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Over-amping can be lethal, too. So I dont agree with your opinion, that over-amp is less dangerous.
    According to describtions on recovery websites, I was over-amped almost constantly. To be over-amped means, that your meth was much more purer than you expected, but you used the same weight (so you used too much because of that), or you used higher amount accidentaly or on purpose, or some conditions are different and your dose hit you more than usual (e.g. because of interaction with other medication or drug). Sometimes people get over-amped, when they are exhausted and use instead of ending a binge and have a break.
    When I was over-amped last time, I used much more on purpose and I was hell sure, that is was tooo much, it seems like I cant handle it. But it was super euphoric at the same time.