1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Overdose - Overdosage or just a really bad kratom batch??

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by Dreamland, Dec 20, 2007.

1. Dreamland

Dreamland Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o from U.S.A.
    I recently set himself a taper plan to wean off kratom . He uses the powerful UEI kratom extract. His plan was to wean off UEI down to SEK down to bali leaf and then clean. His dosage is 1 full tsp 3-4 times a day. He ran out of UEI last night and this morning he took 3 heaping tsps of SEK. he figured he needed that amount considering he had a higher tolerance because of the extracts.

I felt good the first 20 minutes, but on the way to work this morning, I started to feel carsick. When arrived at his job and started doing his work at his desk, I felt really dizzy and felt as if the room was spinning. SWIM then went to the employee bathroom and was realy sick. Sweating,fever, shaking, naseua, loss of balance, and dizzy/drunk feeling. I was vomiting and was laying on the floor in a fetal position. After about 30 minutes, SWIM decided to call it a sick day and went home to take a nap. I am currently feeling alittle better now but still fatigued.

I was curious is to whether he possibly overdosed? But it's hard for SWIM to imagine that considering his body can handle the much stronger UEI so he figured a higher dose of super enhanced would be fine.. Or could it possibly been a bad batch?

SWIM flushed the remaining SEK down the toilet and hopefully awaits as his next ounce of UEI arrives in the mail today. From there, I will just do a long taper with the UEI itself. I plan on quiting when he reaches a daily dosage on only 1/4-1/2 of UEI..

2. radiometer

radiometer bananadine addict Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Re: Overdosage or just a really bad batch??

That sure does sound like the effects of too much kratom to me.

3. fnord

fnord Palladium Member

Reputation Points:

if your waiting for a new shipment to come in shouldent you have already detoxed from it by then and not need to taper your dosage?

4. AceOvArts

AceOvArts Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

Sounds like typical overdose to me too. The annoying thing is you flushed some apparently good K down the toilet.
    I did a very similar thing to you but using Enhanced Maylay and Enhanced Maeng Da, spent best part of a week feeling all kinds of wrong.

5. 60sguy

60sguy Newbie

Reputation Points:

Kratom, I read you message 3 times, I do not question the effects. However I have a friend swim that only occasionally partakes, and would slam down that amount of SEK, and be looking for more soon. Did you go back to UEI powerful stuff with a complete different make up and action. Possibly you were having withdrawal from UEI and the SEK was not filling your bodies craving. I don't have a perfect answer.

The maker of both of these products is a high standard provider.

Breaking the addiction is great, you most likely got to the point where it offered no pleasure, you did not mention pain. Try backing off the UEI then adding some enhanced to your UEI. Then back off of all very slowly. Forget Bali until the Bad Bali issue is resolved. Bad quality, sand, glass in the product it comes from one plantation in Indonesia.

When clean, you can make the decision to partake occasionally. Or you may be one that must leave it alone.

6. InsaneNcrazY

InsaneNcrazY Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    I think one of the other 25 alkaloids in kratom got him sick. Mitragynine (kratom's main alkaliod) is the substance your body is addicted to because it is the main isolate in the UEI.
    I would even suggest taking regular doses of kratom leaf with maybe .5g UEI and be off UEI in 2-3 days and just continue a leaf regiment.

I amnt that experienced in kratom abuse but I have extensive knowledge with opiate abuse and if it is anything like that almost best be stay away from UEI and isolate extracts.

7. GedatusGreen

GedatusGreen Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    InsaneNCrazY stole the words right out of my mouth. For a short period of time I used an isolated extract of Kratom and it felt quite a bit different than the leaf itself. It felt far more focused, like it was only one or 2 main chemicals creating the feeling compared to the 40+ alkaloids in the leaf itself.

When going back to plain leaf after the isolate was gone, the effects felt far more "full spectrum"; quite a bit more dreamy and much less focused, and once or twice I felt the exact same feelings you described. It was most definitely just a bit too much of whatever alkaloids were present in the leaf and not the extract that caused this "overdose." The shakiness is the worst. It feels like a tremor in your lower back and you cant stop shivering, all while the room spins. Once I used only leaf for a sufficient amount of time, the negative effects quickly ceased, and I enjoyed leaf far more than Isolated extracts. I hope this helps and im glad youre ok!