1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Overdose - OVERDOSING! Poppers Help?

Discussion in 'Amphetamine' started by klazzykoo882, Feb 6, 2009.

1. klazzykoo882

klazzykoo882 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Lets say someone goes into cardiac arrest. I have a bottle of amyl nitrate. Would this help any or make shit worse? I know they use nitrates for heart problems. Just curious if its a good thing to have on hand when doing uppers in case someone should go overboard.

2. EyesOfTheWorld

EyesOfTheWorld R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    Hmmmmm.......SWIM is not a doctor, but he did undergo a year of paramedic training, so take this for what it is......first of all, SWIM highly doubts poppers would help save anyone in a cardiac emergency, but, he does know that they do lower blood pressure significantly (hence much of their effects).......the first line of defense in an overdose situation is to call an ambulance. Not the pigs, an ambulance, and get rid of any drugs in the area (preferably get the person outdoors so there is no house to search, SWIY can always claim they came across a person in the street in this condition etc). One thing that will help a cardiac victim (note this is not to be done in place of medical help, but while waiting for it). Give them asprin, have them chew and swallow, it will thin the blood, lower BP etc. SWIM doesn't see how the bp-lowering effects of poppers could hurt in this situation, but he isn't sure of other effects, and it would be a hell of a thing to explain to medical personnel.........anyone else want to take the rest of this question?
    SWIM thinks in an emergency situation where medical help is not possible (camping with no cell phone or car etc), the poppers might help, but situations where help is truly unreachable are rare these days.

3. Boca Bitch

Boca Bitch

Reputation Points:
    Aspirin is the only way to help prevent coronary complications from overdose. It must be administered at first signs of heart problems (usually noted by chest pain/tightness and tingling in extremities). Some studies show certain types of antipsychotics to be useful in treating overdose, however it still is not commonly practiced due to uncertainty of how the combination will react.

DO NOT attempt to treat amphetamine overdose with alcohol, sedatives, opiates, or antipsychotics, unless directed by a medical professional, as it can put more stress on the heart by sending mixed signals for its regulation (creating a speedball).

4. yaba

yaba

Reputation Points:
    Half an aspirin under the tongue and a ambulance asap !!
    Swim wouldn't mess around with other things unless he knows what he is doing !

And a hearth massage might help, here in the UK they do 30 pushes and 2 blows.
    Thats what swim been thought true his work..

5. Kev 94

Kev 94 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Swim wouldnt give a person in cardiac arrest poppers, I heard somewhere that having amyl nitrate even in slight dosages can cause the usuer unpleasent feelngs if the user has a history of heart experiences. Plus is this a cardiac arrest while on a drug if it is I would be even more cautious. Has anyone ever had poppers at a rave or while they have been on speed (amphetamine sulphate) ecstacy, l.s.d, cannabis. I know that poppers on a E have made some people just collapse so poppers can be a bad idea if you have taken a E. It can also mess you up while on speed and even l.s.d. So I would be also wary of giving anyone poppers!

6. amphitonixx

amphitonixx Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Poppers are nitrite esters (R-O-N=O, most often amyl, butyl and propyl nitrite) and not nitrate compunds (R-NO2).

7. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Amyl Nitrite is/was used to treat Angina Pectoris, a condition causing pain in the chest due to lack of blood/oxygen to the heart muscle. It's medical use concerning heart pain is limited to this condition alone and should never be used in the event of cardiac arrest, unless a trained medical professional says otherwise.

Tags: