1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Overheating on shrooms

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by kdawg1995, Dec 17, 2016.

1. kdawg1995

kdawg1995 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Does anybody else have this issue . I have been taking shrooms on and off for 20 years and now am in my early 40s. Seems that I get very over heated and end up sweating all night and the next day. I normally eat them at concerts with alcohol and edibles and normally eat half an eighth. Starting to ruin the experienend for me as so hot and flushed. is this common? Any tricks to eliminate or reduce this

2. trappstar600

trappstar600 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male
    I've done shrooms about 10 times, highest amount being 8 dried grams, but every time I've had the exact opposite happen to me, my body temperature lowers and I get really cold on them. You could try just smoking a joint after the come up. Marijuana is great for nausea/being really hot because it lowers your body temp. I hope this helped, but I have never had somebody report being overheated on shrooms. Good luck

3. rawbeer

rawbeer Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    I suspect the alcohol may have something to do with it, as well as being at a festival with a ton of people around, maybe dancing, etc. Does this happen without the alcohol? I've never heard of this being a side effect of psilocybin. If it isn't the alcohol and environment it's just some personal quirk in all likelihood.

4. kdawg1995

kdawg1995 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Maybe you are right and i should try without alcohol but i live in colorado and the beer is so good ;) got tickets to dead and co which is outside venue and will try there. have eaten them a couple hundred times over lifetime but mostly do 3-4 times per year now and everytime this happens to me over last couple years. I find 2 grams and 2 or 3 marijuana edibles and i am set