1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Side effects - Oxazepam 30mg 5 scripts

Discussion in 'Benzodiazepines' started by mseb, Sep 21, 2011.

1. mseb

mseb

Reputation Points:
    I have recently been
    Prescribed 5 prescriptions of 30mg Oxazepam which is marketed under the name murelax in Australia.

I am worried I will quickly form a depence and have read how bad withdrawals are for these types of meds.

I find oxazepam the best way to manage my stress especially at night time. How long before a tolerance is built up on these I'm supposed to have 2 in the evening only but I find myself having maybe 2 after work aswell which knocks me right out for hours!

I don't want it to get to the point where I am doubling the dose to get the same effect, should I just use it on a as needed basis or as the doctor prescribed. Because I want tO be able to sleep without them aswell.

2. Davevanza

Davevanza Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Hi,

Previously I was on Murelax , too. The 30mg one.
    The recommended therapeutic dose is up to 30mg 4 times daily.

But compared with other Benzos, I found that Murelax is short acting.
    And to me, even 2 to 3 tabs, didn't put me to sleep.

I guess, we all react differently to the same medication, best to talk to your doctor who knows your condition better.

Kind Regards,
    Davevanza

3. IAmAnAussieFromBrissy!

IAmAnAussieFromBrissy! Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Dude, get some Mogadon.

4. Davevanza

Davevanza Silver Member

Reputation Points:

Hi

I used on and off Murelax since 1995.
    To me, it doesn't put me to sleep, even 3 tablets of it.

As far as I know, there are no active metabolites of oxazepam. Even multiple dose therapy leads to no excessive drug accumulation.

As in my case, my doc advices me to take it "as needed" basis.

If you want to sleep well, there are couples of stronger benzodiazepine called Halcion ( Triazolam), and Zopiclone and Zolpidem.

But, if you are afraid of getting dependence on it, (as in my case) I tried Dozile ( Doxylamine Succinate), also under the brand Restavit.
    I tried Unisom ( Diphenhydramine), but it just didn't put me to sleep.
    I find Doxylamine has a stronger effect.
    Both meds are OTC, without prescription.