Oxy and Benzos, bad idea?

Discussion in 'Oxycodone' started by smithdogg1, Apr 27, 2007.

1. smithdogg1

smithdogg1 Guest

Reputation Points:
    I plan to get some OC this weekend, he will probably snort around 15 mgs of it, since anymore makes him too nauseous to enjoy it. He was also thinking of taking 1mg of ativan with it, this is a pretty small dose of each substance but would it still be a bad idea? He is just seeking a very nice body chill and thinks it would be a good combo, but he has also heard to never mix these two. But that may be stories from people who where doing 80mgs of OC and high amounts of benzos. What does You you think?

2. fnord

fnord Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    I has mixed 60-100mg of iv oc's with iv benzos before and could barely feel the effects of the benzos,swims buzz form the oc's/heroin was within normal range.I has heard this isnt safe but as always the choice is up to you,wait for others to leave there advice before takeing swims.different people different bodies..

3. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Mixing substances with additive depressant effects can never be recommended.

More sedation, more amnesia and more risk of respiratory depression

4. fnord

fnord Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Jatelka:even with 1mg ativan + 15mgOC?swims heard its a bad idea(thats why he said to wait for others advice+he has a heavy tolerance) but figured the low doses would make it realitivly safe?seeing as he only has his own experience to go by he cant say for sure but swim done much more then this with little added effect from a few mg of benzos.anyways listen to her, I had a anoyingly high tolerance to most things :( so his advice isnt the best to take

5. Beltane

Beltane Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from California, U.S.A.
    As pointed out, this question would completely depend on one's tolerance. I wouldn't feel less that 80mg IV Oxy and would have no trouble eating a few mgs of xanax at the same time.

Still, Jatelka is VERY right, and it's certainly not to be recommended.

Further, though I could do this without concern for his safety, he wouldn't. Like Fnord points out, the Oxy would almost certainly overpower the benzo, unless one took enough of the benzo to go to sleep. And what would be the point of this?

If you have to ask this question, the answer is a resounding NO.

- Beltane

6. smithdogg1

smithdogg1 Guest

Reputation Points:
    Ok SWIM wont do it, the more he thinks about it, it would prob just make him want to go to sleep and make the experience less enjoyable.

7. rod

rod Newbie

Reputation Points:
    this reminds me of somin a few yrs. ago that happened to me, but w/diff
    things, swim hurt his back and a va dr. gave swim 90 10mg. of methadone
    and it was time to get his 1 mg. xanax re/filld. From 3 pm to 9 pm swim rememred he talked to close family member who was a nurse, and w/swim`s
    hist. of narcotics she left work at 10 pm. She got there 10 mins later and I was curled up in fetal position w/head under bed and was turing blue, she was so scared she 4 got how to dial 911. She ran to highway and swim`s nephew stopped and she told him he`s dead this time, however nep.called and ems worked on swin for 90 mins and got heart started. If she had not got worried and left work early I wouldn`t be writing this tonite, The next day swim`s mom checked med bottles where she found them where they were hid, in 6 hrs I had took 30 10mg. tabs of methadone and 10 1 mgs. of xanax. I didnt do it on purpose it made him lose track of time & taking em. Swim thanks god to be here tonite to say this. Swim dont kno if it will help anyone, JUST BE CAREFUL WHEN MIXIN PAIN MEDS & BENZO`S