oxy to h

Discussion in 'Opiates & Opioids' started by dequincey85, Apr 19, 2007.

1. dequincey85

dequincey85 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I am a regular user of oxycontin and whatever other opiates are availible. I have developed a decent tolerance so they were wondering how much different heroin is from oxy and is there a higher risk of addiction

2. SilverM

SilverM Newbie

Reputation Points:
    48 y/o
    I am a long term, heavy oxycontin user and was in between dosing days and needed something and tried the H to see if it would get him by. SWIM needed so much H just to get a little feeling now, I snorted the H he didn't mainline it or anything.

Oxy and H are both opium derivatives so a tolerance to oxy will cross over to a tolerance of H for sure. At least it did in his case.

3. IkBenDeMan

IkBenDeMan Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.S.A.
    They feel about the same if smoked or snorted. SWIM actually likes oxy better. If You is going to do H, smoking it is a complete waste, snorting its good but still a huge waste, and shooting it is really the only way to get what one pays for. However, shooting H is nothing like shooting oxy. It's a whole new high. Oxy gives one a rush when shot, but nothing compared to the rush from H. Please be careful when doing H. I have been doing opiates for years, thought he knew his shit real good and all... Was IVing H for awhile. He got a new stash from a different source, and it didn't even weigh, so he thought he probably got jipped. He shot the first rock and turns out it was really good. Later that night he shot a smaller rock, well, this rock was way more potent. Even though he pushed the plunger halfway down and waited a couple minutes, the second half put him over and he OD'd. No fun. Please be safe. As far as addiction, smoking or snorting H isn't even as good as oxy, no matter the route. But shooting H... it's incredibly addictive. I wouldn't recommend it.

1. 4/5,
      good, detailed info for OP
      Feb 24, 2011
  4. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    oxy is much more euphoric then h

5. IkBenDeMan

IkBenDeMan Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.S.A.
    SWIM must disagree. Oxy is more euphoric than H, unless H is IVed. Then, in my opinion, H takes the grail.

6. dr.gonzo

dr.gonzo Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Addiction potential for oxycodone and heroin are high. However, I had been using oxy for quite some time then switched to h. Shooting oxy provides a great high, great euphoria, but h is - like IkBenDeMan stated above - a completely different beast. I am an iv user so he is only speaking about this route of administration. The only rushes that would compete with a heroin rush (in Swim's opinion) are those of fentanyl and dilaudid.

I had a small habit of mostly oxy, hydro, and he would orally or nasally ingest the substances. Later, he began to iv heroin. It was absolute bliss, much better than iv oxy. The habit was small at first, as is usually the case, but he steadily began to gain a more habitual relationship with h. These days, he has developed what his friends have bluntly called an addiction. Swim can't easily come across h anymore, so he is usually stuck with oc or other opiates that leave him unsatisfied.

But if You is not taking the iv route, which is safer and much more recommended, I would say to stick with oxy. You may save a whole lot of heartache. But this is just a suggestion. If you do plan to make the switch, just be smart, and please be careful.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2007
    1. 4/5,
      good general and safety info
      Feb 24, 2011
  7. DrMuffy

DrMuffy Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Well, one reason why some may believe Oxy is better than Heroin, is because: H is a street drug which varies is quality unlike ocycodone which is (mainly) a pharmaceutical, which is usually very good (quality wise). SWIdr hasn't tried pure pharmaceutical grade heroin, but he would think it would probably create a similar experience to that of oxycodone (mg to mg) for a non-tolerant user.

8. oxalot

oxalot Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    SWIM can't remember the source but read somewhere that H is about 3 times more potent than morphine which is usually that bassis by which all drugs are compaired. Oxy is supposed to be about 1.5 times that of Morpine. Swim's personal opinion is that of Dr.Muffy. H is never pure on the streets and therefore it is difficult to compare. It really takes a lot of H to get SWIM high. But he is also on a maintenance dose of 400 mg of oxy daily. The H that he has tried most recently got used up pretty fast (an eightball) so It is a toss up as to which is better. There are a lot determining factors to how well a drug works including last you ate, time of day, amount you have been on recently and so many more that I won't go on. I guess SWIM's preference at this point is the oxy because he know where it comes from and who has handled it. I am a regular IV'er just to let you know that both have been tried several different administration routes, as well as other less effective drugs.

9. fnord

fnord Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    shooting will always be more adictive then snorting/eating/smokeing but it gives you a better rush and wastes less drugs,and as stated before shooting h is like finding the holy grail of opiate use(short of finding a box of fentanyl lolipops in a pharmacy dumpster!),the equivilent of a triphead doing ayaushca