1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.

oxy + tolerance

Discussion in 'Oxycodone' started by Herbal Remedy, Dec 2, 2005.

1. Herbal Remedy

Herbal Remedy Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Oct 31, 2004
    from U.S.A.
    Ive got one 20mg oxycontin andthree 5mg endocets left over and i wanna make it a good time (who knows when i'll come around some oxys again). Im not a daily user by any means, ive spaced it out over the days since i only had a limited supply to begin with.

Im about 5'10", 160 lbs. the last time i did any opiates was sunday (its friday now) and i took 40mg of oxycontin and had a pretty good time but honestly i could tell it was weaker than usual.

The week before i had used twice (same dose) and pretty much the same for the week before so ive been trying to have my fun but at the same time not let my tolerance build up.

My big question is, how long should i wait (and im totally cool with waiting) to rid myself of any tolerance and fully allow this 35 mg of oxycodone to reach its full potential?

After waiting a few more days (possibly weeks if advised so) I plan on having an empty stomache before dosing, potentiating with grapefruit juice and tums (ive never tried potentiating before so im hoping this helps a lot) and then chewing the endocets just before snorting most (if not all the) the 20mg of oxycontin.

IMO this sounds like it should get me going just fine but i can also get another 10mg of hydrocodone to chew up but from my understanding hydros are weaker and im not sure if it'll do anything or if its smart to mix em. I had another 20mg oxycontin that i was planning on taking as well but i lost the damn thing somehow so you can image how annoying that can be and how much i would like for this to work.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, and I'm sorry if the post was long, didnt wanna leave out any details ya know... thanks again everyone, peace...
  2. bcStoner420

bcStoner420 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Jun 2, 2005
    To get the most out of it as possible i would say wait another week just to be sure, and drink a couple litres of grapefruit juice 6 hours or so before The grapefruit juice inhibits some enzyme in the liver that breaks down opioids and other drugs meaning that more will go to your brain and it will last longer.
  3. slicli

slicli Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Nov 26, 2005
    agreed and you may want to wait 6 - 8 weeks becuase even at limited dosages your body goes thru a re-equailzation and sabilization from any and all exogenious endorphins.

I think it takes about 2 weeks to realize no more is coming all the while your endorphen levels are droping. So at about week 3 your body says "hrm...no more exo endo's, very low natural endo's...yeiks, lets make some endo's" and will actually overcompensate a little trying by releasing too much endo's in an effort to get natural endo levels stabilized. So by week 4 it says "oops, to much" and then gets everything back under control usually by week 6...so here is a little better format.

Starting 2 Weeks after last opiate session:

Week 2: Natural and Exo endorphen levels droping, body confused
    Week 3: Body over reacts to lack of endorphens bring levels above normal
    Week 4: Body realizes levels a little too high
    Week 5: Body senses slightly low
    Week 6: Body senses things are ok

Your best time to take the 35mgs could be between week 2 and 3 for you because you do not have a tolerance, or anytime after week 6.

And BTW hydro's are ~ 2/3 as strong per milligram, so they are no slouch. Adding 10mg's of hydro would be equiv to adding ~ 6.5 mg oxy.