Oxycodone Administration

Discussion in 'Oxycodone' started by kritikal, Mar 21, 2006.

1. kritikal

kritikal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    Well i was recently given Oxycodone for severe pain in my ankle.

The pills are in a capsule and the powder is pure with no Paracetomol (Acetaminophen).

Of course oral is good but i am just curious as to which would be the best method of Administration Besides injecting. As i was not given very many.

I am thinking along the lines of

Insufflating
    Smoking
    Rectal

Cheers for the suggestions.

2. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    The pills are time release I think so they should really be taken orally like your doctor recommended. If you want to intensify the effects then I would recommend insufflating the pill after taking the coating off. 10-20mg would be a good starting amount and will definitely be sufficient to kill the pain. I do not know about rectal administration but has heard that it is better than just taking it orally. I do not think smoking would work very well because the pill is still going to have filler and there is no telling what that is going to smoke like.

Bottom line I recommend snorting the pill. I have snorted up to 80mg but 10mg is a good buzz and will probably help with the pain. Just start slow and do 10-20mg at a time until you reach the desired effects. Also try not to combine the oxycodone with any other drugs because the dangers are significantly increased with the combination of other substances. good luck :) cheers

3. kritikal

kritikal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    Thanks for the reply.

Fortunately the pills are immediate release, they r in a capsule and can be easily pulled open. Although i havent not opened one up i am fairly sure the pill only contains pure Oxycodone, perhaps a very small amount of filler.