oxycodone and oxycontin

Discussion in 'Oxycodone' started by umich, May 13, 2005.

1. umich

umich Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I know Oxycontin has Oxycodone in it and is time released. Lets say I take 20mg(crushed) of Oxycodone with acetaminophen or aspirin(oxycontin or percodan).

Would that have the same effect as taking a 20mg Oxycontin pill and crushing it up. I know that the oxycodone in Oxycontin is Oxycodone HCL but is that the same oxycodone found in percodan and oxycodone?

Just curious if that rush of oxycodone from crushing the Oxycontin is the same as any other oxycodone. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2015
  2. BrandonAA

BrandonAA Newbie

Reputation Points:
    yes they are the same. for sure

3. Motorhead

Motorhead Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    44 y/o from Canada
    The big drawback with percocets is that they each contain only 5mg of oxycodone. They are big ass pills to, with 350mgs of acetaminophen. Lots of snorting and acetaminophen with the oxycodone. Go with the oxycontin if you got the choice for sure.

By the way you wont get a rush by snorting either one. Maybe a nod if you have no tolerance to opiates.Edited by: motorhead

4. Gahaba22

Gahaba22 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Same active ingredient (oxycodone), however, like motorhead said, percocets contain 350 mgs of acetominophen which in doses of more than 3000mg/day (6 ES tylenol) could be toxic to your liver, especially if you drink alcohol regularly.

5. lolomgwtfbbq

lolomgwtfbbq Newbie

Reputation Points:
    so you'd need to snort 4 perco's to get high?

[i hate when dilaudid isn't available. it makes me so angry.]

6. chico

chico Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    46 y/o
    That's the beauty of oxycontin...it does not have acetominophen in it. That means you can take more, and combine with alcohol,without having to worry about your liver too much (compared to taking something with acetominophen in it).

Vicodin has the same problem...has acetominophen in it. Bad to abuse. Liver damage. [​IMG]

1. 3/5,
      Bad advice regarding adding alcohol.
      Dec 9, 2015
  7. lolomgwtfbbq

lolomgwtfbbq Newbie

Reputation Points:
    is there any way to get high off of 10mg of percocet or would you definietly need 20?

8. Motorhead

Motorhead Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    44 y/o from Canada
    Probably 20mg of oxycodone or more, if you are used to dilaudid like you suggested.

9. BlueMystic

BlueMystic Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands

Don't snort percocet. You would be also snorting over a gram of acetaminophen (tylenol) and a bunch of binders. This would be REALLY bad for your health.

10. BlueMystic

BlueMystic Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands

Some people can get off on 10mg's. However, most people need more then 10mg's to feel any recreational effects..

11. Yosemite

Yosemite Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have a bottle of cow Oxycontin from the vet
    And it's for cows we use it on the cows when milking and it fu*ks them up lol
    I want to know how much would be OK for him ????

thanks

12. DrMuffy

DrMuffy Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Well there are a number of things You would have to consider like: How much of a tolerance to opiates does You have? How much does You weigh? How many milligrams are in the pill? etc.... But for an average person with no tolerance, 10-15 mgs would be a good starting dose.

13. lilxohunnie

lilxohunnie Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o
    I know Oxycontin has Oxycodone in it and is time released. Lets say I take 20mg(crushed) of Oxycodone with acetaminophen or aspirin(percocets or percodan). Would that have the same effect as taking a 20mg Oxycontin pill and crushing it up. I know that the oxycodone in Oxycontin is Oxycodone HCL but is that the same oxycodone found in percodan and percocets. Just curious if that rush of oxycodone from crushing the Oxycontin is the same as any other oxycodone. Thanks

oxycontin is just pure oxycodone so yes it is the same ingredient except without the less potent painkiller with it (tylenol, aspirin, ibuprofen). the reason why people consider this dangerous is because when you crush it, all of the ingredient rushes into your system all at once, so if you have a lower tolerance to opiates, it can be lethal. if the oxycontin is not crushed it lets out smaller doses over periods of time, lasting up to about 4 hours. but i would not recommend snorting.