1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

oxycodone endo 602

Discussion in 'Oxycodone' started by reptile, Jul 25, 2006.

1. reptile

reptile Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    I got the pills that are 325mg acetaminophen and only 5mg oxycodone..

Anyone tried it?
    I know acetaminophen is lethal in high doses and 325mgs sounds like alot...
    will the 5mgs of oxycodone affect me..and more importantly...will the acetaminophen affect me? =/

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2015
  2. Benzeneringz

Benzeneringz Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    325 milligrams of acetaminophen is a low theraputic dose. The FDA suggests taking no more than 4 grams in a 24-hour day. 4 grams is equal to 4,000 milligrams. Trust me, 325 milligrams is next to nothing, assuming you aren't allergic to it. And 5 milligrams of oxycodone, in my opinion, is a threshhold dose. You will probably ask yourself "am I really feeling it or am I making it up" with only 5 milligrams. If you are in pain, however, 5 milligrams will be effective in reducing it.

It sounds to me like you might want to do a bit of reading on common pharmaceuticals before you start swallowing pills. Acetaminophen knowledge is pretty much a must-have for anyone swallowing anything containing the drug. Do your research.

3. reptile

reptile Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    well I'm doing my research here... =[

I've taken pharmaceuticals with acetaminophen but only like...a very small amount. never EVER as big a dose as 325mg..

So I was just asking. Before taking them...

4. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes

Reputation Points:
    SWIY should do a search for cold water extraction (swim knows that someone had to say it...)

With this easy process involving only some water, a microwave, and a fridge, swiy can remove the acetaminophen, leaving only the oxycodone behind. 10-15 mg of oxycodone is a good starting dose, and after doing the extraction swiy's liver will be pretty safe. This way swiy won't even have to worry about the acetaminophen (although 325mg in a pill isn't that much).

5. Fantasian

Fantasian

Reputation Points:
  6. Benzeneringz

Benzeneringz Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    I'm curious, what kind of formulation contains LESS than 325 milligrams of acetaminophen? I mean, Tylenol has 500 milligrams. Where would you find anything less than 325 milligrams?

7. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes

Reputation Points:
    ^^^you probably wouldn't. to swim's knowledge that's the minimum amount that has to be present in a pill in order to still make it available as oxycodone. if there were none, you'd be left with pure oxycodone, and they'd have to put a time release on it to still make it legal.

8. Fantasian

Fantasian

Reputation Points:
    In the uk, those laws dont apply. (the ones applying to time release)

Pure oxycodone can be offered via prescription...(without time release)
    However im not sure on differant acetaminophen dosages within pills

9. lilxohunnie

lilxohunnie Newbie

Reputation Points:
    the amount of acetaminophen (tylenol) is nothing to be concerned about.
    about 500 mg of it is found in each tylenol and people usually take 2 or 3 of those to relieve pain. you would have to REALLY take a lot of tylenols (or endocets for that matter) to worry about acetaminophen overdose. well of course the main ingredient for endo's (oxycodone) is stronger so taking a lot of these can be lethal, but if you took like 3 or 4... you will be fine. the ingredients in the endo's CAN be dangerous if you take a lot or if you are a long time user and can eventually cause liver damage over time, but i wouldn't worry about it if you are being prescribed to 1 or 2 scripts, or you can talk to your doctor about getting a narcotic painkiller without acetaminophen so it can cause LESS liver damage. if you are a long time user. but other than that you really cannot get less tylenol than that in a percocet but sometimes it is replaced by aspirin (percodan).