Side effects - Oxycodone Question: Withdrawal after short term use?

Discussion in 'Oxycodone' started by captripps, Sep 3, 2005.

1. captripps

captripps Newbie

Reputation Points:
    If I have taken 20 mg of oxycodone for the past 4 nights will he feel withdrawel symptoms? Should he do anything specific if he has more? Ive searched and couldnt find exact info.

2. MrJim

MrJim Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Man that's a tough one to answer. Is your usage regular or did you just start 4 days ago? That is probably the biggest question you need to answer first. If you've only done it 4 times in total, then you'll probably be fine, but take a break. There's no rush - all doing opies every day will do IS GET YOU ADDICTED. That phrase is used alot, but with good reason. No one who has gone through withdrawals from opies would wish it on their worst enemy. Remember that.

3. captripps

captripps Newbie

Reputation Points:
    no just started, i didnt realize addiction was that quick, theyve just been nice to have

4. umich

umich Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have killed a bottle of percs within 4 days...you may experience very slight withdrawal symptoms but nothign to worry about. I felt i just got a bit irritable but I was fine afterwards...good luck

5. dopefiend

dopefiend Newbie

Reputation Points:
    This doesn't seem long enough to cause any physical dependance (SWIM
    and many of his imaginary friends have used various opiate pharms
    for a few weeks straight with no physical withdrawl.) However mental
    addiction can start after just one dose so watch your ass.

Peace,

Jesse

Edited by: dopefiend

6. geoff856

geoff856 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o
    You wont have a problem. I did oxy 4 or 5 times in a row also. Nothin happend to me so I dont think you will have a problem.

7. bigt

bigt Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    i have found that length of time and amount taken both play a role. 20 mgs for 4 days should be alright but say 80-160 mgs for 4 days wouldnt be cool as ive been told by me

8. captripps

captripps Newbie

Reputation Points:
    thanks for everyones help it's great to have a place like this

9. dodyroma

dodyroma Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    about to have sergery thats suppost to end swims pain. Whats the doc gonna do about swims meds. any clues.

10. Roxicodone30mg-Ativan2mg

Roxicodone30mg-Ativan2mg Newbie

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o from U.S.A.
    Depends how good your doc is. You should be tapered down very slowly, maybe with subs at the very end; that said, too many docs will say "you're problems fixed, you don't need pain meds anymore" and just stop giving them to you. If that happens, I would go to a sub clinic and get on a subutex setup.

11. Herbs&Hopes

Herbs&Hopes Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    If a doctor refuses to taper even with the proper method, a liquid taper even, being suggested, that doctor should be taken out and shot! Ask for a slow, liquid taper if you are concerned. Very reliable method. Or, say it still hurts, and keep getting your meds! I recently was referred to a psychiatrist through the Chronic Pain clinic I see, they said I could just see a local one so I didnt have to travel to the city, was so pumped on not having to travel in. I now have a source to start subs should I want to try them for pain relief, or need them in order to come off my opes at the end of my CP management.

12. drugs_bunny

drugs_bunny Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Herbs is right..you MUST have a taper ready for this drug..For bunny, he is unlikely to be coming off Oxycodone anytime soon but his GP said as they are on a reasonably low dose (bunny is scripted 160mg daily currently) that if and when it ever happens to reduce by 5mg a month..That may seem slow but trust this bunny..If You has ever been dopesick you are going to want to do it VERY slowly