1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Effects - Oxycodone vs. Morphine: what's the better high?

Discussion in 'Opiates & Opioids' started by mynizza, Jan 19, 2005.

1. mynizza

mynizza Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Which one gives a better high? Morphine or Oxycontin? Pills not iv. thanks for reply. [​IMG]

2. mynizza

mynizza Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Which one is a better buy...?

3. Colby

Colby Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    I used to do both, in my opinion, I liked them both the exact same. Yet, I could always get my morphine way cheaper than my OC, so I prefer Morphine over OxyContin.

The better buy- depends on the pricing.

4. TheMatrix

TheMatrix Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I would definitly say Oxy is better then Morphine. I got the MS Contins a few times and I didnt really feel much untill I smoked but when I did oh man it was great. But nothing beats OC.

5. vicodinaddik

vicodinaddik Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I don't really like ms contin, either. I'd much ratherprefer hydro or oxy. The morphine just made me really sleepy. I didn't get the "high" like oxycodone.[​IMG]

6. Orbitz

Orbitz Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Like the ppl above, I'd rather have Oxy. As far as better price,
    depends on what you're buying.. If get oxy, you wont be disappointed ;)

7. Senor Taco

Senor Taco Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Yea morphine isn't exactly the best stuff, though I'll take it in a pinch. But oxy's pretty damn good, second best opiate in my opinion behind H.

8. thisguy9000

thisguy9000 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Oxycodone vs. Morphine

Hello All,

New to the forum but have been lurking for a while, a lot of great information here. SWIM has done quite a bit of searching but hasn't been able to find the answer to a specific questions.

SWIM uses various opiates fairly regularly. SWIM knows that insufflating roughly 10-20mg of Oxycodone makes him feel great and is generally the does he takes when he wants to get high.

SWIM currently has the option of acquiring 80mg Oxycontin pills and/or 80mg morphone pills. While SWIM is very faimiliar with taking Oxycodone either orally or insufflated, SWIM has never taken morphine in any form. After reading about morphine, it appears to be clear that the more effective method of use would be insufflation. SWIM would like to try the morphine, wants to do it safely/effectively, but still would like to try and get the same feeling as the 10-20mg of insufflated Oxycodone. The questions SWIM has are the following:

1. Can anyone recommend (roughly) how much Morphine should be insufflated to get the same euphoria/high of the 10-20mg of Oxycodone? Would it be roughly the same? More/less? etc...

2. Is it true that morphine does not (generally) give the same euphoric/rush type high as Oxycodone does?

3. Would most members of this forum prefer 80mg Oxycontin pills over 80mg morphine pills, given the oppurtunity to acquire either/or?

Thanks for your time, I know SWIM appreciates it.

9. Naked Lunch

Naked Lunch Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from Australia
    Re: Oxycodone vs. Morphine

Do you mean Hydromorphone or Morphine? There's a difference see.
    Swim would take oxy over morphine but would take Hydromorphone over oxy.

10. thisguy9000

thisguy9000 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male

SWIM must admit that he isn't 100% sure as he isn't familar with morphone/Hydromorphone. However, after some googleing, SIWN thinks it appears that Hydromorphone doesn't come in 80mg pills, is that correct? SWIM is absolutely sure that the these pills are 80mg, but must admit he isnt sure (based on Naked Lunch's post) whether these are morphine or Hydromorphone pills. Can you elaborate on the difference?

11. Naked Lunch

Naked Lunch Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from Australia

I don't know much about American pills and there specifics cause I'm an Australian so you may have to wait for an American to answer your question.

12. LinusMundane

LinusMundane Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    35 y/o Male from U.S.A.

In this SWIMMERS opinion he would go with the oxy, oxy is like that friend that comforts you when you need him to most, why switch it up when it works for SWIY.

13. BuffaloBoobs

BuffaloBoobs Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from earth

Swim only knows of 4 and 8mg hydromorphone. 80mg :eek:... no way.
    swim can't help swiy pick between oxy and morphine though.

14. Herbal Healer 019

Herbal Healer 019 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from france

The original poster was refering to Morphine as posted in the title & several times in the original post (did say morphone @ 1 point..spelling error:s).

Morphine is only ~25% orally & I think around 40% intranasally, so obviously the oxycodone (oral bioavailability ~100%) takes the cake in terms of most doses per pill.

Oxycodone is also, in Some1 Who Aint Me 's opinion, the better opiate/opioid of the 2...

15. Picass035

Picass035

Reputation Points:
    Male

1. Can anyone recommend (roughly) how much Morphine should be insufflated to get the same euphoria/high of the 10-20mg of Oxycodone? Would it be roughly the same? More/less? etc...

>>>Going the insufflation route, one would need approximately 3 times the amount of morphine to match oxycodone's euphoria/analgesic effect.

2. Is it true that morphine does not (generally) give the same euphoric/rush type high as Oxycodone does?

>>>The overall feeling is very similar, but users generally feel more "tired" and "doped-up" on morphine. Oxycodone gives a very "clean high" in comparison. So morphine is similar but different.

3. Would most members of this forum prefer 80mg Oxycontin pills over 80mg morphine pills, given the oppurtunity to acquire either/or?

>>>SWIM has never heard of 80mg morphine tablets, so this sum must be quantitative. It should also be noted whether or not the tablets are Instant-Release or Timed-Release. The latter will cause all sorts of problems if insufflated as-is (ie gelling up in nostrils, less bio-availabilty etc). Either way, SWIM would choose the oxycodone even if the morphine was to be administered intravenously.

~Picass0

16. swellin

swellin Newbie

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o Male

I have been using morphine for years and let me tell you right now dont ever stick morphine up your nose. It is a complete waste of the product you get much more of the pill if you take it orally. I have also been prescribed Oxycontin for the past 3 months and these drugs and identical, to me any way the only difference is that you can snort Oxy and get 80% of the pill but with snorting the pill only lasts 4 hours, if your lucky. If you take the pills orally they will last twice as long, for me i take my morphine and oxy crushed, orally and it lasts 10 hours. Also i have never heard or seen of 80mg morphine. Let me say this again do not snort morphine its a fucking waste.

17. Graduisic

Graduisic Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o Male from U.S.A.

Oddly enough for SWIM, his favorite is hydrocodone. morphine is great in a pinch, but can cause a lot of itching and if taking too much, vomiting. oxys are a close 2nd to hydrocodone but SWIM gets a lot more euphoria from vicodin over oxy. morphine is in the middle. so to answer the question in a long-winded way, SWIM would prefer oxy over morphine.

18. JDreaming

JDreaming R.I.P. Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Male

Milligram for milligram, oxycodone is far more potent than morphine. But they're different medicines. One of the key distinctions is that codeine/codone substances have high oral availability whereas morphine/morphone substances do not. For pain relief that you swallow, codeine/codone is generally preferred. For people who prefer to inject, morphine/morphone substances are preferred.

19. RxSurf

RxSurf Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.

SWIM recently acquired 15mg CR morphine sulfate tablets. How would SWIM get the most out of these in terms of euphoria/analgesia, but still be reasonably safe? Keep in mind that SWIM does NOT snort drugs, but is open to making solutions of MS.

Also, from what SWIM has read here, it seems like SWIM should have just gotten more percocet instead...any input?

20. rochepharma

rochepharma Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male

Oxycontin 80 mg aren't morphine, the main ingredient is oxycodone which is stronger than morphine, swim should lick of the coating of one of these pills and cut it in half and only snort half of it 40mg of oxycodone is great.