1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Purity - OxyContin: How to extract HCl to have pure oxycodone?

Discussion in 'Oxycodone' started by Clandestine, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Clandestine

Clandestine

Reputation Points:
    How can I go about extracting HCl so I'm left with pure oxycodone?

I've heard about using acetone, but I'm not sure about the process.

2. fiveleggedrat

fiveleggedrat Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Oxycodone HCL is just the most common salt of oxycodone.

does Swiy know much of chemistry? Or at they asking how to make oxycodone base?

And what would acetone be used for?!

3. Personal

Personal

Reputation Points:
    What is HCL?

SWIM has oxy's with HCL and he takes them just like he takes reg. oxy (snorting and orally)

4. Paradox

Paradox Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Oxycodone HCl is oxycodone. The HCl just means it is in the salt form, which doesn't effect it's bioavailability, as the HCl group strips off when it is in solution (IE, your stomach). Just is more stable in the HCl form.

5. Personal

Personal

Reputation Points:
    So in other words its just as safe as reg. oc taken the same way correct?

6. cra$h

cra$h Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    it is "regular" oxycodone. Its just that chemicals come in different forms, the most two common in the drug world are salt and base. Salts are usually better for oral, snorted, and IV use, while base is the smokable form. The best example would be something like cocaine. it's in a salt form when it's in that white powder, but when you free base it, it turns into a crystal, or it's base form.

Oh, and HCL stands for hydrochloride (aka salt, but not the same as regular table salt)

7. Personal

Personal

Reputation Points:
    Very informative. I'm happy this forum has users like yourself that know what they are talking about and contribute to the forum in a positive manner. :applause: