oxycontin question

Discussion in 'Oxycodone' started by Jlrw, Oct 22, 2006.

1. Jlrw

Jlrw Newbie

Reputation Points:
    35 y/o
    hello

I'm a longtime reader, 1st time poster. SWIM just snorted a 20 mg oxycontin tablet, but forgot to take off the outer coating. My friend told him this was baaad, but I say he is feeling fine currently. Can anyone please tell me why it is bad to snort the outer coating? Is there any longterm damage I should worry about? I don't feel like it is a very big deal, but I decided to ask you guys just to be safe. thanks in advance

-me

2. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    No damage to worry about whatsoever. I have had a couple pieces of the coating go up his nose on a couple occasions, and as far as he knows he's still a functional human being (although the local zoning board and homeowner's association may beg to differ!)

Simply, its "bad" to snort the coating because it won't absorb through the nasal lining, pieces of the drug stuck to it might not absorb either. The worst that will happen is that the coating will be removed via mucus production, and You may lose some of the drug. But overall, these are minor risks. Still since it doesnt absorb through the nose, its best not to snort the coating all the time.

3. Sklander

Sklander Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from congo_democratic
    From SWIM's understand and experience the time release coating (the coating youour friend was talking about) can burn the shit out of one's nose.

SWIM usually takes the OC and puts it under his tongue for a few seconds them rubs the coating off till its white. After that, feel free to insulfate that thing.

4. Metal4life

Metal4life Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I am a newbie and cant access different forums to use quotes but can still use the copy and paste option for info.

I found the following info under:
    FORUM
    Drug related chemistry and extraction
    SUB-FORUM
    Opiate and Opioid Chemistry
    THREAD
    Oxycontin and wasting the drug! Interesting info!

The following is interesting info and is a quote from the above thread:

"I was speaking to the pain management dr today, and was discussing Oxycontin and how it works. I said something to the dr along the lines of "if you take one 20mg tablet on an empty stomach, doesn't that mean you get less than 2mg per hour released into your system?" The dr replied with some VERY interesting information that I have NEVER heard in all My years of drugging.
    The dr informed SWIM that the actual COATING of the pill (the part most youS wash/suck/etc off before shooting/snorting etc), actually contains SEVEN mg of oxycodone! This is to give the body a quick "boost" before the rest of the medicine releases! So youS who get rid of this coating (SWIM included) are actually wasting good drugs!
    My dr said that they intentionally do NOT tell patients this for whatever reason, but it IS in the patient information leaflet (the one youS never get when they get a script filled). I have never even read this on sites like rxlist.com, walgreens.com, drugs.com etc.
    Now apologies if I am far behind and everyone else alreadys knows this factoid. SWIM just found it interesting, and will now change the way SWIM ingests oxy's. Oh, and I do not know how the higher than 20mg pills work in the same respect, but would ASSume that the coating amount of mg's goes up as the dose does. SWIM hopes this is informative to you. And of course that it is posted in the correct place. Admins, please feel free to move or duplicate this post if need be. I would love for all to have this info and NOT waste good dope!
    CYA"

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2017
  5. Forthesevenlakes

Reputation Points:
    Had SWIMetal4life read the responses to this quote, however, he would have seen that it was basically refuted. No evidence in the product sheet or manufacturer's info, as well as no evidence from field tests, have revealed that any oxycodone is in the wax coating. It's just part of the time release.

6. Metal4life

Metal4life Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWIM sees. I will have to look at his sheet that is provided with prescriptions and possibly ask the Dr.
    Now I am very curious and thinks that if you asked several different Dr.s this question you may get a ton of different answers.
    Regardless SWIM sucks the coating of the pill just in case there is something in the coating. I know it tastes bad but what the hell I have been doing it for years:D

As for preparation for injection I would like some info on how this is done. I have a way to do it already but is curious as to if there are other ways to prepare.:confused:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2017
    1. 3/5,
      Please refrain from using enlarged or bold type in general post communication as it is against DF's rules.
      Aug 29, 2016
  7. Forthesevenlakes

Reputation Points:
    The general consensus is that there is no way to inject safely. Using the search engine might reveal some more ways, just make sure You has a good filter before attempting to inject anything, it will really help in terms of safety.

8. julian

julian Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    don't make it a habit. it will only make the drip worse (oxy drip is minimal but still). use swiy's fingernail or a sharp edge to remove the coating next time, or suck it off like suggested above.

I has never heard of any oxy being in the coating. did You hear this from a doctor or a friend of a friend who heard it from a doctor?

9. Metal4life

Metal4life Newbie

Reputation Points:

I don't understand drip. please explain.

Thanks!!

10. Forthesevenlakes

Reputation Points:
    drip is the accumulation of mucus and foreign particles in the nose which drips down the back of the throat after insufflation.