oxycontin questions

Discussion in 'Oxycodone' started by anonymous24601, Jul 13, 2005.

1. anonymous24601

anonymous24601 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I know that the active ingredient in both oxycontin and percocet is oxycodone. would that mean that a 10mg oxy and 2 5mg percs have the same exact effects? and as for taking oxycontin, is crushing them really necessary? can SWIM just swallow them whole instead, and still get the desired effect?

I am sorry if these are stupid questions. She is VERY new to opiates (and drugs in general)and is still learning about them.[​IMG]

2. sterckxke

sterckxke Newbie

Reputation Points:
    oxycontin is time resleased oxycodone
    so you hace to crush it to have a stronger effect
    if you don't crush them you might get high,but it'll be weak and long lasting

3. anonymous24601

anonymous24601 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    oh, okay. thanks for the info... crushing it is, then. I have yetanother probably stupid question - if SWIM crushed an oxy then swallowed a perc, would they kick in at the same time? would that be an effective way of getting the desired high?

4. BrandonAA

BrandonAA Newbie

Reputation Points:
    yes you could mix the two, but percs have tylenol or aspirin in them as well. and also two 5mg percs would equal 10mg contin

5. cfurr44

cfurr44 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    oxycontin and percs are way different. Oxycontin is more soluable in water, thats why it can be injected and snorted. This is why they put a time release coating on it because you crush it up and get the mgs all at once.

Your oxy will hit you first espically if you snort. The high is way different snorted vs. swallowed.

1. 4/5,
      decent job of explaining.
      Aug 8, 2016
  6. dknydilaudid

dknydilaudid Newbie

Reputation Points:
    on the subject of Oxycontin, (whether it's btand or generic oxycodone ER- extended release- at 10mg, 20mg, 40mg, or 80mg)vs. oxycodone IR- immediate release-, (whether it's perc 5's or 10's, 7.5's or 2.5's,generic oxycodones at 5mg, 10mg, 15mg, 30mg and i think 60mg)...

oxycintin is idealistically supposed to last 12 hours. so think of taking a 40mg oxycontin as taking 10 mg of oxycodone every 3 hours, 20 mg OC is like 5 mg of oxycodone q3h, an 80 would be like 20 q3h and, of course, a 10mg OC is like 2.5mg of oxycodone q3h.

however, when you take, say2 percocet10 mg together, you get, after about a half an hour, a bolous effect...all the opiate at once. if you take a 20mg Oxycontin, after about a half an hour it will feel much weaker because that time release mechanism wants to make thaat 20mg last the next 12 hours. now if say your friend I was to crush that OC and then eat it, your buddie would get the same effect.

unfortunately, esp. early on, this could lead to problems of respiratory depression and so forth because some guy who took a 40 last weak, whole, and had a great time decided to split an 80 w' his friend, not knowing that this would break the time release and give them both the equivalent of 40 mg, instead of 10mg every 3 hours.

that's it for now.... better living through modern pharmacueticals

--dknydilaudid

1. 4/5,
      good information about possible respiratory depression for the OP.
      Aug 7, 2016
  7. daveman

daveman Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    you shoudl water extract the oxycodone from the percs, let it dry out, and then snort it. for a first timer i'd recomend 10-20mg depending on body weight/opiate tolerance, like if you have taken alot of hydrocodone or codiene prior

1. 4/5,
      good information.
      Aug 8, 2016
  8. anonymous24601

anonymous24601 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    wow, thanks everyone for their input. dknydilaudid, your input was
    especially helpful, as I am a bit slow to understand all of this
    stuff. I am kind of hesitant and scared of the idea of snorting, as
    she has never done it before, but I am getting curious and might</span> try it soon. SWIM thanks everyone for their help!