1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Opinions - Oxycontin snort or chew?

Discussion in 'Oxycodone' started by naturally5odonme, Nov 23, 2007.

1. naturally5odonme

naturally5odonme Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Hello, I am kinda new to the forum.
    I tried searching, but i really am not sure if this is a post already.
    So im sorry if it is.
    Just post the link and its all good.

But, my question was... Well swim has always snorted Oxy, never chewed.
    Swims average dose is 40-80mg
    What do you think is better chewing or snorting.
    Is it basically the same?
    Does one last longer then the other?
    And what do you think is the best way to do it?
    Swim knows from expirience that snorting usually makes the high shorter, but just wants to make sure before swim doeses tonight to see what is best.
    Thank You:thumbsup:

2. Orchid_Suspiria

Orchid_Suspiria Newbie

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o Male
    Swim likes both,either way.Swim finds it has abit more of a longlasting effect if he chews it but it is more intense if snorted.

3. jerbles

jerbles Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    if swiy doesn't like the nasty ass taste (swij sure as hell don't) he can crush the OC up and wrap it in a piece of tissue or something and swallow it. This should be the same as chewing..

4. t00cr4zy

t00cr4zy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    EZ, chew one, snort the other. That is what SWIM always does.

5. nleksan

nleksan Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    SWIM likes the slight rush from snorting, but actually feels more relaxed and euphoric from eating (as well as it lasting much longer). Hypothetically, let's say SWIM has a 40mg OC. He will crush it up and split the pile in half. He will consume half of it orally, and then separate the other 20mg into 3 piles. He then snorts one to get the immediate effects, which will nicely taper into a strong high. He then will snort the other two as needed (every 2 hours perhaps). The eating establishes a nice baseline high so that the comedown isn't as rough, and snorting little doses over the course of it allows the user to experience little "rushes" continually.

6. trptamene

trptamene Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    If one is used to insufflated they may be disappointed w/ oral...esp if dose is same. Unless the bioavailability is higher orally for w/e reason? but i dont think this is the case.

EDIT-
    NM the OP is banned...any info posted here now is prolly for the gen info of the forum.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2013
  7. nleksan

nleksan Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Oral bioavailability for oxycodone is higher than intranasal. SWIM believes it to be a difference of 15-20%.

8. trptamene

trptamene Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    ^^Can you source this? Even if it is in this forum it would be cool if you could point me(us) in the right direction.

9. addicted2hc

addicted2hc Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Its all preference. Some people like that instant buzz, some can wait. Bioavaililities are always something to think about. Check out the sticky about them to figure it out. A lot of people say they get a longer lasting buzz when swallowing it.

10. Psych0naut

Psych0naut Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from The Netherlands
    From the Opioid Bioavailability thread.

11. imyourlittlebare

imyourlittlebare Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    I dont believe the bioavailability to only be 45% for the nose. I mean, alright this is how I think about it. The stuff is water soluble and can pass the membrane like coke. So it immedietely gets in the blood . Lets say 45% of it. Now, the other 55% would go down orally through drip. So its win win. Am I correct or does anyone wanna shed some light for me?

12. Dreznik

Dreznik Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    My jack ass donkey split his 80mg oxy *& proceeded to snort half. 1 linea in each nostril. Great INTENSE:crazy rush. Onset - 1 or so minutes... so far so good .. reply here & I will tell you the rest tomorrow when donkey provides me with a full report.

13. EyesOfTheWorld

EyesOfTheWorld Silver Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    SWIM snorts or injects Oxycontin, and eats lesser varieties of Oxy like OxyIR's, Roxicodone, Percocet, Percodan. He usually chews well.

14. U4IC1

U4IC1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Like they said oral bioavailibility is much higher than snorting. The best bet is to snort half and eat the other.

15. desertimplant

desertimplant Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    SWIM just wants 1 55 gallon drum full of Oxy-c in solution...a Pic line in several (3?) places......and a 3-way splitter for the drip...then turn to "ON" and start the day

Yea..BA is so good orally or IV it's almost a waste up the nose..some folks like the process however..the grinding, chopping, crushing etc then neatly chopped little lines...fun to do bu doesn't make the high any better..for SWIM anyhow...

Could always prepare a little rail, chew one up, shoot one then snort the little line..covered everythig but IM\Anal...then again....IM likely NOT a good way for anything but a huge abscess and a big sore spot...but your anus will thank u

Peace out..

16. UNMASKED

UNMASKED Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    agreed. best way to do is whatever individual person likes....whatever gets your willy's off. railing hits swim hard and then eating is more like nod out fucked with highest bioavailability so it gets absored nice.

17. static_vodka_420

static_vodka_420 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
    snorting provides more of a euphoric rush that swiy is seeking oral will give the other feelings but not the rush however it as swiy said doesnt last as long. this is swims preffered method as for him its all about the rush

oral. aka chewed takes longer to kick in and without the rush all other euphoria is still prresent though and it lasts quite a bit longer just not as high in intensity. if chewing be careful not to leave pieces stuck to ones molars. swim reccomends crushing pill like for snorting placing in a creased dollar bill pouring down the hatch and chasing to avoid pieces sticking to the mouth .

to each his own but swim likes both he just prefers snorting its kind of an obsession to put everything up his nose very bad habit to break

18. cra$h

cra$h Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from PA
    "The liver metabolizes many drugs, sometimes to such an extent that only a small amount of active drug emerges from the liver to the rest of the circulatory system". That's strait from wiki, and that's what we all mean by bioavailability, which is pretty accurate despite its length or lack there of. So this means for oxy, the liver kills some of the chemical (depends on method of injestion) before it gets a chance to hit the brain. And then the BBB (blood-brain barrier) means less is getting to the brain. I'm not sure if this is part of bioavailability as well.

As for swim, he prefers insufflation. He loves the process of chopping up a line and that rush you get after an awesome line, especially when you get that one that's right on the money and hits you practically instantly. Then the debilitation rush is much better compared to oral, especially when all you can do is barely utter the words "damn." But this is only for oxycontin, or any other pill that doesn't produce much more than roughly 1 line=10mg. Of course it only takes 40-60mg, but swim isn't a fan of packing his nose tight. It's a waste of drug when you can't get it all the way up there.

If swim can only get like 5-10mg pills, they're normally percocet (oxycodone/acetaminophen) he usually railes 2 lines worth just for the sake of hittin a line, and then does a CWE and drinks that bitter juice. Even if he doesn't need to do a CWE and it's too much to snort all at once, he'll dissolve the pills, completely bypassing the stomach strait to the intestines where it's absorbed quicker, and hits harder. Oh yea, and plenty of tums this way too for potentiating!

19. Dreznik

Dreznik Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Greeeaatt!!

Just be careful if your donkeys tolerance is low. :vibes:

20. Dreznik

Dreznik Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    INGEST normally, potentiate.

ask my jack ass donkey, he told me.