Oxycontin tolerance and high length

Discussion in 'Oxycodone' started by ZepDoorsFloyd41, Aug 13, 2006.

1. ZepDoorsFloyd41

ZepDoorsFloyd41 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I had a quick question.. I was wondering what the average length of duration an insufflated oxy high is, with an average dose of 40 mg. For a while now, I have been having shorter highs, and he thinks its because his tolerance is up. And even when he takes a break, it still doesn't seem to make a difference with the potency or length. Isn't it true that a person who's doing any kind of opiate will develop a tolerance very quickly? How long are the highs usually for you?

2. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    insufflated lasts about an hour for swim, maybe 90 minutes max, with residual feelings up to the 3 or 4 hour mark. any opiate will raise tolerance very quickly, and the highs DO get shorter. (he remembers eating 15-20 mg oxy and being high for 6 hours or so!) the breaks taken may not be long enough to lower tolerance...swim hears it takes a few weeks to lower it. but personally I have taken 2 month breaks without having the tolerance go down much!

3. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    If You is looking for a longer trip it might be worth using oral administration, if i remember correctly oxycodone has a relativley high oral availablity in comparison to morphine and other such opiates. Does You feel like the effects are the same as when he started, it's generally easier to see tolerance through effects.

As FTSL says above tolerance for opiates is very rapid and can even happen after only one or two high dose usages.

The following is taken out of SWIFantasian's Personal diary.

Oxycodone
    an opiate derieved from the opiate poppy, for moderate to severe pain. Rarely prescribed in the UK as the step up from Tramadol tends to be morphine.
    Synthetic opiate

Clinical dosages(uk) - 5 - 20 mg
    Upcome - 30 mintes - 1 hour
    Peak - 2 hour
    come down - 4 hours
    Total duration - 7 hours (average) ((duration is prolonged at higher dosages))

Oral
    (note: Opiate tolerance is of concern at this point beware of dose adjustments)

5mg - Very minor effects felt, slightly more relaxed, a little bit sleepy

20mg - usual opiate high felt similar to 10/15 mg of Morphine, enjoyable and i am still able to move. Analgesia is very effective at this point. Usual euphoria present.

40mg - Intense opiate high similar to 20-30 mg of morphine. Enjoyable, however movement is becoming difficult, opiate dreams experienced and usual euphoria.

60mg - One of the most intense opiate highs i've experience so far, I think at this point i was very close to an OD, the high became almost overwhelming it was difficult to see or focus as my head felt that fuzzy. Itching was there but not as pronounced as well as codeine was. Unable to move or do much for moter coordination, it is notable that the sitter at this dose nearly decided to administer Nalaxone. Im not sure that the euphoria at this increased dose was really that much higher, more the physical effects of the body were increased. Urinary rentention and constipation also present for the following 24hours after use.

Hope this helped

4. ZepDoorsFloyd41

ZepDoorsFloyd41 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Ok thanks, SWIM's peak prolly lasts for 30 min or so. After looking at your charts for each mg description, I would have to say that SWIM's high on 60mg is equal to you's high on 30-40mg roughly.

5. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    kk, Remember that insufflation has a shorter peak and total duration as well as a more rapid onset though,

6. ZepDoorsFloyd41

ZepDoorsFloyd41 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Yeah I gotcha.

Could it make a difference say in taking four 10's, two 20's, or one 40?

7. Forthesevenlakes

Reputation Points:
    some people say there is a difference, swim personally doesnt think so. he says that 40 mg is 40 mg no matter how you divide it. absorption might be a bit different with taking more pills, but if theyre crushed up anyway, the difference should be negligable.

8. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    As above, when crushed they're the same if taken as tablets then the more tablets taken the higher the surface area therefore the more rapid the absorbtion. It's pretty similar though if we're being honest and practical.

9. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Wow.... Swim met a man the other day with severe back problems who is taking 15 - 25 pills a day of mixed valium and oxycontin!!

We aren't talking small doses here either. If you are taking it medically for a chronic problem that causes pain it seems that medical marijuana or some other alternative substance may be useful to try, cause due to cross-tolerance it seems that taking larger doses is the only thing that can help as the effects lessen.

10. Forthesevenlakes

Reputation Points:
    its true, swibaj! theres no ceiling to opiate tolerance, and, swim suspects, benzo tolerance either. swim's met some chronic pain patients who are in the same boat. wonder if ketamine or dxm could help potentiate the opiates so people wouldnt need to take as much, as often.

11. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    Yeh opiates use for chronic pain sucks, constant withdrawals etc that SWIF has gone through euch. SWIF found dissaccoiatives much more effective,
    SWIF has personal experience with this.

12. Criminet

Criminet Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Myself I take 40 - 60 mg a day in the form of 10 mg pills for chronic post chemo bone pain. I previously was on up to 120 mg a day and I have been on them for 4 years. The covering on the pills disperses the OC over 12 hours .. altho there is definately a place between 30 minutes and 90 minutes where i feel most pain free. I have occasionaly chewed my pills, but only up to 20 mg. I had a couple of goes at getting off of them but withdrawels were crazy.

I was curious about 2 things, how much do you think i would need to crush for a good experience, and can you suggest (or direct me to) anything to let me get beyond the withdrawels symptoms. If i got past the withdrawels I think i could just put up with the pain, tho it's hard to know.

Any suggestions appreciated.
    Criminet

13. Forthesevenlakes

Reputation Points:
    hi criminet,

i'm about to go to work so i cant answer this as fast as i'd like. first off i dont want to be a jerk but use "swim" when referring to experiences to avoid self-incrimination...its just one of the forum rules. to get a good experience I would try 40-60 mg crushed pills with swiy's tolerance, and work up from there. but wait it out for a while to see how it affects swiy, you dont want to take too much! maybe 40 mg insufflated. as for withdrawals You might want to check out this thread. it has some good suggestions that might help. You might want to taper off them, although I has gone cold turkey off 80 mg a day and still been able to function, although the w/ds werent particularly fun. be sure to stock up on loperamide (immodium) and dxm (robotussin cough gels), both of those help alot. maybe some liquor or benzos to help sleep but not at the same time! but yes, read the thread, PM me if you want more tips because swim's done it before, and its entirely possible to kick!

14. Criminet

Criminet Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Forthesevenlakes,

Thankyou kindly for your knowledge, I will make use of it all. Some soon ;) and the rest in a few months. I appologise for not reading the forum rules before posting, I was on my way to bed and just wanted to get the post up, same situation now too, but i ensure i read the rules before my next post.

Thank you
    Criminet

15. Forthesevenlakes

Reputation Points:
    hey no problem =]

let us know how the information treats swiy, and what info helped!

16. herbalgerbals

herbalgerbals Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    I was prescribed oxycodone IR in febuary,
    I am now addicted. taking 60mg at a time to catch a buzz for an hour...
    now swim enjoys the nodd and the itches more then the slight buzz..
    at first I could take 15mg and be gone for hours in fear of overdose..

swim really loves the feeling.. he is prescribed 60mg oxycontin a day, and 10mg oxycodone a day for breakthru. this all started with swims inflammatory bowel disease, wich is why hes prescribed such heavy medication..
    now I am going to try and get his dose upped so he doesnt end up running out of pills from daily use..

anyone have advice for swim? he tries not to take more then 100mg a day, and during the week lately he has been taking only the bare minimun so he can lower his tolerence, this means like 10 or 15mg two or three times a day to stop withdrawls.. but he notices very bad headaches and has trouble going to sleep..

but I am in love with these.. and doesnt want to stop, but wants to control his tolerence, it works wonders for his disease and really would like to know some tricks to keep in mind? swims read this thread in and out a couple times, but still wants somthing a little more personal..

I am 20years old, 5'6 and weighs about 140lbs. will milk thistle help swim at all? I has never been a fan of snorting. he always just chews them up, somtimes he takes 40mg oxycontin ER whole not chwewd, then chews a 20 or 30mgs with it.. any thoughts on this as well??

Tags: