1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Experiences - pain clinic urine test

Discussion in 'Oxycodone' started by ryanbobtimjoe, May 18, 2012.

1. ryanbobtimjoe

ryanbobtimjoe Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from Canada
    swim has been referred to a pain clinic and he has been receiving percocet for the past 3-4 months from his familiy doctor. So swim ran out a bit early this month because swim has been getting really use to the medication. Will swim be urine tested on his first appointment? swim guesses its hard to tell, everyones situation and doctor is different. if swim hasn't been taking it for a week would they know? i plan on telling him that i ran out due to it not working as well. just some tips and insight on what swim is getting into would be great. THANKS!

2. Grimace

Grimace Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    I don't know about drug-testing at pain clinics. Did they give you any paperwork explaining their policy?

Wouldn't telling them you decided to take more than prescribed without asking the doctor be the same as telling them you abused it?

3. ryanbobtimjoe

ryanbobtimjoe Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from Canada
    swim doesn't think so, His bottle says he can take 1 to 2 tablets every 4 to 6 hours. swim can only take 2 if he want them to last a month, sometimes swims pain is worse and he needs to take more. swim doesnt abuse his medication, if i do i go days in pain.

and as for the paper work i dont think swim will be filling any out. in Canada i dont think you have a choice, you are always urine tested because of the high street value of narcotics. Maybe i am wrong though.

4. Mick Mouse

Mick Mouse Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    54 y/o Male from Colorado, U.S.A.
    Not too sure on Canada, but in general, random and scheduled drug tests are a part of just about every pain clinic contract I have ever heard of. Not saying it is true for EVERY one, but probably close. i really do not see the problem. You have a valid prescription for Percs and you will have percs in your system if and when they test you. If you ran out prior to your first clinic visit, just tell them that. Don't volunteer any information that they don't specifically ask for. And yes, they will be able to tell via your drug test if you have not taken them for a week, because there will be nothing in your system and you will be clean!

5. Kara Mia

Kara Mia Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o Female from U.S.A.
    I for a fact know they will give you a test... I have been through 3 doctors and they have always tested me on the first visit. They will have to test you to know if you are taking any other kind of drug and if you have any in your system. I have failed a test because I don't have any in my system and they cut me off. So always make sure you have them in your system. And remember no second chances.

K

6. magia

magia Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from earth
    Can you please clarify why would they not give you a prescription? Because you haven't been taking them??

7. Grimace

Grimace Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Why they would they give you a second prescription if you still hadn't use the first one?

8. Mick Mouse

Reputation Points:
    Actually, a more correct response would be that if you are prescribed a certain drug and you are tested and that drug is NOT in your system, it COULD serve as an indicator that you are involved in drug diversion or sales. IF you say you need a certain drug on a regular basis, and yet it is not present in your system, what are you doing with it? That is how their thinking will go.

9. Aberdonian

Aberdonian Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from scotland
    If what you are saying is true, that you are allowed to take that amount in so much hours there should be enough prescribed to cover that, if not then it not your fult you ran out unless you have been taking too much and ran short, here in uk pm clinic never tests me but if i were u you should always have some in your system and if not, GET some in your system i dont know if this is aginst rules but if you are under prescribed from wjhat u are supposed to take eg take 2 a day for 21 days and they only give u 30 its not your fault so try and make sure you always have enough to show you are taking them before your test so yo dont get kicked off your script? if this is breaking rules please remove mods or let me know so i can edit i dont want anymore infractions and nee to build my rep back up again from 0 ,thanks

Last edited: May 19, 2012
  10. Mick Mouse

Reputation Points:
    In general, it is a bad idea to advise someone one in ways to get around a doctors orders regarding prescription meds, but the practicality of the situation is such that this is quite common among those who run out of their meds early, regardless of the reason.
    It might be a better idea to go to your doctor and be honest and tell them that you had a flare-up that was fairly severe and you took slightly more than was prescribed, and that this concerns you. Then you can enter into a dialog on achieving adequate pain control and changing the dose or frequency of your meds in an up-front manner, and you will not have to stress about this again.

11. Emin

Emin Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    24 y/o Male from Minnesota, U.S.A.
    Pain clinics are no joke. Not something to mess around with. If you mess something up, it will follow you around to other doctors. I've been able to pull the wool over my doctor's eyes and they believe I have some sort of super-human metabolism, therefore making my urine always clean. I have a quick fix for the urine tests so I always 'pass' ;)

Tags: