1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.

Opinions - Painkiller but not downer???

Discussion in 'Various drugs not covered by other forums' started by Hippieeee, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Hippieeee

Hippieeee Guest

Reputation Points:
    Hey guys, I want to know if anybody out there knows a drug or a combination which acts as a painkiller, but doesn't take away your alertness and ability to move around properly?

I would like just something that makes you more tolerant to pain without putting you to sleep. Thnx!
  2. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    Feb 26, 2006
    most opiate painkillers dont make swim tired. in some people they have the opposite effect. your milage may vary. some opiates seem to keep people awake more than others, e.g. many people seem to be less sedated with hydrocodone than morphine. dissociatives also have a painkilling effect in some people, effectively by detaching them from feelings of pain, not necessarily upping their tolerance. dxm and ketamine would fall into this category. I believe that antispasmodics and even drugs like gabapentin are used sometimes in cases of chronic pain depending on where it emenates from. it all depends what the origin of swiy's pain is.

I dont have official scientific proof of this, but exercise and a good diet would probably go a long way towards helping prevent pains too =]
  3. ZepDoorsFloyd41

ZepDoorsFloyd41 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Aug 6, 2006
    Most pharmacutical opiates make swim upbeat and energetic, with relieving pain at the same time.
  4. psychedelaholic

psychedelaholic Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Nov 2, 2005
    from england
    From what I've read about 2-Aminoindan it acts as a short lasting stimulant and as a quite effective painkiller, although I don't speak from experience just what I've read on erowid and the like.
  5. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Jul 12, 2004
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    'Course. Aspirin, Tylenol, Ibuprofen being but a few.

Beyond that, a combination opiate agonist/antagonist like pentazocine or buprenorphine might fit the bill. Kratom fits sometimes, but in SWIM's experience is unpredictable... it can be a strong downer, and at other times it can act as an upper.
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2006
  6. old hippie 56

old hippie 56 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    May 10, 2005
    I find that Tramadol gives a much needed push plus reliefs pain to some extent. This is around 200mg.
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2006
  7. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Sep 30, 2005
    from U.S.A.
    Kratom is very stimulating at LOW doses. It is, in fact, consistent for SWIM in this regard. Doses of 2-3 g of good quality leaf provide a strong stimulation more akin to amphetamines than caffeine. Clear-headedness and energy without the drained feeling caffeine gives you. Higher doses are more like a morphine level of sedation. Really high doses just suck. I feel that often people work upwards with drug doses and miss the benefits of lower ones. However, the degree of analgesia is dose-dependent with kratom, and not that effective overall.