Panic Attack???

Discussion in 'Amphetamine' started by gIrl698, Nov 30, 2006.

1. gIrl698

gIrl698 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o
    Hello Peeps!

Need some advice.

Swiv have been a long-term user of speed (only the UK, only 1 twice/ month 1.5-2g uk base) and have recently had word of a proper freaky one-
    SWiv been using for the past 10 years off and on and back on at the moment for around the last year.
    Anyway swiv had a panic attack on the comedown (6h after last small line)- palpitations (which to be honest didn’t bother swiv, hello speeeeding!!) pressure on chest, leading to (feeling of )shortness of breath, numb stomach followed by numbness in limbs and hyperventilation. Was not nice- in fact the least nice thing ever- swiv chest still sore and its 4 days. Well more annoying actually- the worst thing was going to casualty only after having to admit swiv been bad and get checked out.
    Swiv was FINE, one nurse even quoted ‘brand new’ drug advisor woman commented no risk of anything she could think of and as swiv heart rate was only slightly higher than expected sent me home feeling a lot better.

Anyone else had this and been able to use again?

D’ya think due to the fact no weed? Usually at this time swiv would have smoked a lot and be fast asleep :)smoker: ) so swiv hoping this is a one off…
    Or am is swiv being nieve and swiv’s call to stop the fun stuff has happened. I flaming hope not swiv’s lots of fun :) . Sulk.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2017
  2. dirk

dirk Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Hi Girl698

Panic attacks can happen to anyone, regardless of wether it is due to drug use or not.

They can start off by some sort of physical sensation that may be grounded in something "real" such as a mild pain or discomfort or slight asthmatic condition.

but as soon as you feed the panic situation with worry about what might be going on then it adds into the panic sensation as adrenalin produced by your system.

A viscious cycle builds up from this point

Notice something -> worry -> feel bad -> worry more -> feel worse -> worry a lot more -> feel a lot worse -> get really frightened -> feel like your gonna die -> continue to be shit scared by the sensation -> continue to have a terrible experience ....... and so on.

I imagine that speeding may help these cycles on thier way, but the key to addressing panic attacks is realising that it is fear of something bad happening that is making something bad happening.

hyperventilation often plays a big part in these sort of things, so a good way of approaching these things is to become more aware of your breathing and then try to keep a relaxed state of affairs with that.

It's not easy at first , but you will get used to noticing what is going on at the start of a possible attack and at this point you need to try to keep your breathing normal and to recognise the fact that it is only the fear of something bad happening that makes the bad thing happen.

read up on this subject, get into meditation if possible, find someone who has been through these things before and has got over them.

Good Luck (all will be well in the end)

3. ~lostgurl~

~lostgurl~ Platinum Member & Advisor Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    could also be SVT Supra-ventricular tachycardia.... this can be caused by any stimulant and is more likely after a night of no sleep. it is usually not dangerous but can be. Do a forum search on SVT cause I think she has posted about this before. I have also been to the emergency room for it and told it was a panic attack, but by the time she got there her heart was beating much slower. SWIM's Dr thinks it was more lilely SVT than a panic attack and it seemed to fit better. I have used plenty since but if it became a regular thing or really freaked swim out she probably would have stopped at the time.

4. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    I don't exactly get panic attacks, but he def. notices anxiety a certain number of hours after his last use of amphetamine-class stuff. It's like a sort of mini-withdrawal in a way, like his brain chemistry is thrown off whack. He doesn't think it's anything unusual, unless actual chest pain is involved (in which case don't hesitate, get youself to an emergency room).

5. izzy31

izzy31 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from turkmenistan
    eat, sleep, and try to think slow is what I do to calm a severe panic attack

6. gIrl698

gIrl698 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o
    Thanks everyone for the response!

Quite a relief to (kind of!) know its chicks mind thats diseased rather than chicks body - chick knew that anyway!!!! ;o)
    After alot of research and experimentation have concluded chick was board and started thinking about work, also had been up for two nights (ACCIDENTAL!) which i never usually do as am too much of a lightweight! Chick had quite a stressful day at work too on a comedown (like 2 meeting with MD kind of stressful- nooooooo every ones looking at me! oh shit they're 'sposed to be...).
    Oh and chest pains chick was worried about? Chick got them again this week- indigestion and muscel twinges as has been noted chick sits in rather awkward positions when playing- relaxed and had an antacid an forgotte about it- in fact ignoring it made it go away completely which confirmed what everyone said.
    Oh looked into and spoke to GP about the SVT thing (on behalf of chick :0)), but I honestly don't think palpitations were the trigger- more of a symptom as they occures pretty far in, but would agree does fit better so will keep an eye open in the future.
    Thanks again
    oh and dirk am back doing my yoga!

7. dirk

dirk Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    That's brilliant news.
    Looks like you've got your head round this quite quickly.

8. gIrl698

gIrl698 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o
    One of the perks of being stubborn!!

Ain't no one going to tell chick what she can or cant do- let alone chicks warped mind!
    Actually made chick learn more about about the effect the stuff has- which before she didn't really want to know; so has maybe been a positive thing and in the long run the lifestyle changes she's making should help her feel better in everyday life.
    The brain is an amazingly wierd thing:p