1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Purity - Parasites In Meth supply causing infection!

Discussion in 'Methamphetamine' started by LaFolle, Mar 24, 2012.

1. LaFolle

LaFolle Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    The monkeys in my area have been smoking meth that has been contaminated with parasite larve.
    The exact species of the parasite(s) is unknown, but testing results of monkeys' (feces) results are forthcoming.
    These parasite(s) are causing the monkeys to have symptoms of tapeworm or roundworm, as well as symptoms from some kind of mite...scabies, demodex or bird.
    The monkeys did not notice a difference in the appearance of their meth supply at first, but recently indicated that it was burning differently...making crackling sounds and having a different odor.
    Possible source of contamination is the cut which monkeys suspect is horse tranquilizer. The cut might have been contaminated with some kind of horse parasite or other parasite from typical farm animals (rats & mice) and or birds.
    The contaminated meth is from only one supplier. Other suppliers product is of reliable quality.
    Has anyone else ever heard of a similar experience?

2. TakashiEsper

TakashiEsper Newbie

Reputation Points:
    someone tell me if i am wrong, but would a larvae be able to survive a recrystallization of a cut and the crystal? i am not a cook in any respect, but i am unsure if larvae would be able to survive.

as for the crackling and odor, your crystals are probably more cut than they are crystal. different cuts act in different ways, and there are a million and one cuts under the sun out there.

if you do not mind me asking, i am guessing this is in america, correct? where about in location are you getting this product? i have not heard of anything like this in california or massachusetts yet, keyword being yet.

3. cra$h

cra$h Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I'm just wondering how a bug could survive being burnt. If anything, I woulda guessed the pipes dirty, but that dont make sense if you're alright on other people's shit

4. TakashiEsper

TakashiEsper Newbie

Reputation Points:
    maybe they are smoking something that is not crystal at all? a pure cut crystal, have seen it before. never heard of the symptoms though.

5. LaFolle

LaFolle Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    The monkeys reside in Northern CA.

The larve and adults were observed from loose particles under a 10X Loupe from the bag, not from inside crystalized pieces.

It is unknown if larve were able to stick to the meth itself.

No larve have been seen in pipes after they have been used.

Sometimes these monkeys take the crystals and put them in a Frappuccino or Iced coffee.

Although these are cold/frozen beverages, larve can survive these temperatures for a short time. It takes from 24 hours to seven days to kill larve by freezing, depending on temperature and species.

However, other monkeys, who only smoke were also infected. This may be due to handling the product and becoming infected somehow this way and not by frying the larve and inhaling.

It is unknown at what heat temperature larve die.

All pipes used were super clean. These monkeys are very fastidious this way, and with their personal and environmental hygene.

6. rawbeer

rawbeer Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    I have never smoked meth but I'm assuming that, like when you smoke anything else, in order to get it going you have to suck on a cold meth-filled pipe, until the drug goes up? Then again when I've seen people smoking meth on TV they often seem to heat the meth in the pipe until it gets going and then they start smoking. Anyway as I said I don't know the reality of how meth is smoked.

It seems the initial cold drag on the pipe could draw the parasites into your mouth, although I find it basically impossible to believe that parasites could survive and enter the body once the pipe was going.

Of course handling the meth and then touching your mouth could work too and seems likely.

If you have no choice but to smoke this nasty stuff I would definitely try to figure out how to clean it. Maybe dissolve the meth in ethanol or some other solvent that would kill the parasites, then evaporate?

7. TakashiEsper

TakashiEsper Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i have yet to see this in SoCal thankfully, and hope i never do.

maybe cook had made it in a barn or something, when he was finished larvae fell into fresh batch.

i do not think just handling larvae would cause a infection like this. i could totally see smoking and ingesting orally would cause this though perhaps.

this is a strange situation. if i were your crew, i would go to a hospital and get checked out. then if you are all safe, quit going to that connect.

8. blackwrx

blackwrx Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    There is nothing to suggest that there is any sort of parasite in your methamphetamine. In addition, simply finding out that there are parasites in your body (it should also be noted that these were only confirmed to be parasites by the OP) should in no way lead you to the conclusion that you contracted them from methamphetamine. If they are in fact in your body, aside from seeing an actual doctor, I suggest that you step back for a moment and realize they could have come from a number of sources much more plausible than methamphetamine.

9. SpeedFreak69

SpeedFreak69 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    In my squirrels area, there is something in the ice going around that is giving people chest congestion like symptoms and has been causing bad blisters on some of them, including my squirrel, he has a pretty bad one on his index finger, and starting to get on on his pinky. Also, it got his nose pretty bad too. The index one is getting bigger in area, almost wrapped 1/2 way around the finger. Bout to cut it open and see wtf is up, but this is in the OK area...not sure how wide spread it is yet.

10. Stepin Fetchit

Stepin Fetchit Banned

Reputation Points:
    Was this actually confirmed, or did you just hear about this? If you believe it was confirmed, then how was it confirmed? Who did you hear about this from?

I think something like this might cause some hysteria and people throwing out perfectly good dope.

Stepin Fetchit added 3 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

Who put it under a microscope? Was there a report on this? Are you a scientist that works in a lab where the parasite was confirmed to be in the meth, and the parasite actually transferred from the meth to a person?

This is so unplausible that I will require more info before I start to believe anything about the story.

Stepin Fetchit added 1 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

Crackling and odor can be easily explained from simply burning the product. If the parasite is so small that it can't be observed in the meth by looking at it, then it wouldn't cause anything to crackle.

Stepin Fetchit added 2 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

Wow, really? Chest congestion from smoking meth? What a surprise. Well, it must be a parasite, because smoking meth would never cause chest congestion.

Blisters on the fingers too? Oh, man, we're talking some sort of super parasite now. Everyone better dump out their dope to be safe.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  11. Potter

Potter Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    Let's see some good quality macro pictures, ones where we can see the details of these larva.

12. Stepin Fetchit

Stepin Fetchit Banned

Reputation Points:
    No, he could just show us micro pictures of larvae. I want a report that I can independently verify.

13. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member

Reputation Points:
    There is no way that insects survive in meth, nor getting burned.
    There are no parasites in meth.

14. beentheredonethatagain

beentheredonethatagain Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Lol I have been in the meth cirlcles for a while, I've seen alot of things and I have never seen , heard, thought, any bugs, flies, larvy, ticks , fleas, etc. in meth, but I have defenitly seen my fair share of parasites that are in the meth business!!!

15. MisMonroe

MisMonroe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    This sounds like a myth, created by a couple of tweaker's (out watching the satellite's that are constantly following them, of course) in the midst of a delusional episode, of which made perfect sense to them and all their other ignorant friends.

16. DCskate

DCskate Newbie

Reputation Points:
    ok your definately trippin...however everyone should be careful and keep sanitizer on hand because there is a very real bacteria known as MRSA and its not in the dope of course but its easily spread when sharing a pipe. MRSA is a form of staph infection. 1 in 4 ppl are carriers and they are not effected by it. It usually is found in ppl's nose. The most common thing it causes is skin infection and boils...add a skin infection to a tweaker who likes to pick...and its bad news. I had it and its no joke google the shit, the biggest thing is just being healthy i think bc i never Ever get sick and over long term poor diet, minimal hours of sleep per night, and dope have added up to weakening the immune system makin ppl vulnerable to these mrsa infections and im convinced its easily spread by the peace pipe ritual sittin in a circle pipe pass

17. coolhandluke

coolhandluke Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    whenever i have smoked meth, as well as the people i have smoked with, you put your crystals in the bubble, then hold the flame under it for a few seconds before it melts and starts to smoke. so to answer your question, from experience, people do not suck on a cold pipe, you have to heat and get the puddle melted to start smoking, and when you do start hitting the pipe, the meth is melted and you inhale very very slow and gently.

i dont see how you could inhale larve but im no insectmethologist either.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  18. Grimace

Grimace

Reputation Points:
    Some tweekers observe things like that crawling under their skin too. From an objective standpoint, that's not sufficient evidence those things are really there. It doesn't require the psychotic phase for meth to affect vision - SWIM has noticed that one side-effect he gets from methamphetamine is a reduced ability to resolve fine details in his vision; smaller fonts, for example, become significantly more difficult, if not impossible, for him to read.

On the subject of the newest "killer dope" rumor of parasite-infested crystal meth in general - if there are any confirmed reports of it happening - wouldn't paraphernalia and reused baggies be more plausible disease vectors for animal parasites? SWIM has heard a lot of claims about "meth" (including the cuts and/or adulterants), but preserving viable parasite specimens is definitely a new one.

19. Tech House

Tech House Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    My favorite part of this beautiful story is when the farm animal parasites get into the horse tranquilizer, which is then used to cut the meth. Freaking awesome. Gives new meaning to the term "amphetamine psychosis."

Sorry if that's insensitive, I'm not intending to trivialize psychotic episodes. I've had one myself during which I believed everyone in the hospital was reading my mind with their cell phones and I felt my body disappearing as my mind was being reincarnated into a 2 year old girl's body. "I am the mind of a 2 year old girl" is a little weirder than farm animal parasites in meth.

20. Basoodler

Basoodler Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    do people cut meth with tranquilizers? That seems like it would defeated purpose..

Oddly enough I've run in to a few people who thought they had worms after speed binges. One of witch resorted to taking dog wormer pill, and would ask strangers if they could see the worms coming out of his skin.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012