1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Side effects - Passing out or fainting after taking 'Ecstasy' pills?

Discussion in 'Ecstasy & MDMA' started by FloaterGirl, Sep 12, 2005.

1. FloaterGirl

FloaterGirl Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Blacking out while on MDMA

Hi guys.. I am new here. I am not new to eating beans tho! My husband and I got to where we were eating 5-10 pills a weekend a peice every weekend. So we stopped for 8 whole long months. His birthday was Sept 10..so I got a 10 pack of some thick ass pills. Well about an hour after the first on i was peaking, by the time I took the third one I was gone!!! I barley remember taking the last two. Equaling me out to five..I know I know...after the 3rd one I should have stopped.

After the 3rd one my husbands eye lashing were dancing and things were breathing at me..rolf..i had never tripped this hard of E. (or whatever it was in the pill) that part was fine..only thing is...I blacked out a few times. I cant really explain it..i just kinda closed my eyes and went out kinda like sleeping but not..but when i would come back (in like 2 secs) I was talking gibberish. Like the end of a sentence.

For example,(I work with work order numbers all day at work...) I was sitting on the couch and when I came back from theblack out I was mummbling of a number. Please help. I guess I just want to know if anyone has ever expeierced this? Also my husband said I was reaching out for things in the air..that obviously were not there. I dont remember that at all...thanks guys!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2010
  2. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    You are describing a toxic effect. Might I suggest you not do this to yourself? You can cause serious harm to your body. Serotonin syndrome is not pretty or fun.

3. FloaterGirl

FloaterGirl Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Could you tell me more about the toxic affect..are you saying I OD'ed? Eleborate please. Serotonin syndrome??? What is that. Good suggegtion. Like I said before I was a heavy user and 5 pills was no big deal. I am not used to having so much tolerance. I will definietly be way more careful...is there somewhere I can learn more on Serotonin Syndrome..thanks for all your help

4. MrJim

MrJim Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Here you go

5. FloaterGirl

FloaterGirl Newbie

Reputation Points:
    thanks for the info..only this is I dont take SSRIs. I never have...so how could this be the same thing? If I am reading this info right...this is something that can still be happening to me now? This syndrome is a toxic hyperserotonergic state whose rate of incidence is unknown, but is on the rise.

I am a little confused? Should I be worried?

6. MrJim

MrJim Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    It says that it is a pharmacological combination of 2 or more drugs - often an SSRI but not always. Noone can tell you whether this is you through a forum... One thing you can be sure of -Most E pills sold on the street have more than just Mdma in them.

7. quinone

quinone Newbie

Reputation Points:
    You wont find many published or reputable papers relating MDMA to
    serotonin syndrome mostly because MDMA is ILLEGAL (thus no scientific
    research laboratory can study the pharmacological effects of MDMA on
    humans). It is very reasonable to conclude though that since MDMA and SSRIs share a synergistic biochemical relationship that any side-effect of SSRIs might very well be seen with MDMA. Not to mention that in its own right MDMA is an SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor), because once it has bound to serotonin receptors to cause its release MDMA subsequently remains bound for sometime and inhibits the reuptake of serotonin (otherwise the serotonin would simply flow back in across the concentration gradient and you wouldnt be high for more then like 5 minutes).

Furthermore, since MDMA is directly related to the release of somewhat 'unnatural' or 'unequilibriated' quantities of serotonin and since serotonin is a syndome of 'hypersotonergicity' its very easy to see that abuse of MDMA might easily cause this syndrome. Moral of the story, do what you want to your body, but if you are concerned enough about your usage habits with a drug to post those concerns on a drug forum, you should probably listen to your concerns and cut back.

8. FloaterGirl

FloaterGirl Newbie

Reputation Points:
    You are right and I definitly agree about cutting back. I am concerned about the effects short term and long term that could have been brought on the last time I rolled. I have rolled many many times in the past years, and never had anything as drastic as this happen. I am not sure what it was..I got out of control before I realized it. I know when to stop normally..and this time I was to far gone to realize it was time. Thanks for your help...I am not sure if Serotonin syndrome is the anwser..or not but I do know that I take 5 htp every day, and have for over a year for the natual anxiety med in it. I supose that maybe that has something to do with the blackouts? Thanks for your help.

9. quinone

quinone Newbie

Reputation Points:
    The 5-HTP could DEFINITELY account for your symptoms. 5-HTP is
    5-Hydroxytryptophan, it is the direct precursor for serotonin (5-HT or
    5-Hydroxytryptamine). Those depression/anxiety symptoms caused by a lack of serotonin MAY (I stess MAY) be due to an inefficient hydroxylase tryptophan meaning less 5-HTP meaning less serotonin.

Most anti-depressants work by allowing the lower amount of serotonin present to be more effective. 5-HTP supplementation eliminates the faulty enzyme altogether by directly providing the neurological metabolic pathways with the 5-HTP precursor directly (instead of the tryptophan from the diet that would need to be converted to 5-HTP through tryptophan hydroxylase). Anyways, IF you do not have a faulty tryptophan hydroxylase taking regular 5-HTP supplements will lead to an increased serotonin production (which can normally be kept at bay due to numerous biological 'checkpoints').

When you take MDMA though you remove ALL these checkpoints and a
    complete influx of serotonin from inside the neurons to the synaptic cleft is seen. So you may have had TONNES of Serotonin stored in your synapses and taking the MDMA just let it all out at once. Having not taken MDMA for 8 months also precipitated this problem. So these symptoms you speak of are probably due to an immense amount of serotonin release. This in itself is kinda worrisome, its that kind of suddent serotonin influx that can lead to serotonin syndrom. Since its next to impossible for anyone to diagnose any long term effects from your experience (and since you would see the short term effects now), there probably is no sense in worrying. But IMHO I wouldnt mix MDMA with a regular regiment of 5-HTP (or any anti-depressant for that matter). Your brain operates in a very precise and miracoulously elegant state of harmony and equilibrium, and is remarkably adept at dealing with deviations from this equilibrium, but there is a limit to what it can do ... so just be careful :).

10. FloaterGirl

FloaterGirl Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Thanks so much for all the info and advice...SO I gather from all this that because i had so much serotonin in my synapses, I had that much more to release, causing it to toxic. Therefore my brain causes me to shut down (black out) because it is overwhelmed. [​IMG]. Obviously I should not be taking 5htp everyday...bc it is building excessive amounts of serotonin that could be dangerous with or with out mdma?

11. quinone

quinone Newbie

Reputation Points:
    well, I dont think theres anything wrong with takign 5-HTP every day, like I said your brain has checks and balances to deal with it. Its only when you add MDMA to the equatin that things go wrong. So what im saying is you should probably choose between the 5-HTP or MDMA, or to at the very least stop 5-HTP a month or so before rolling (if this is possible).

12. Mace

Mace Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Interesting point you make quinone. I have rolled about 6 times in about 30 days. I now take 5-htp daily, and I take the instructed dosage. The people at the healthfood store where I bought it said it would be fine to take as a daily supplement. So taking MDMA while on 5-htp should make your roll even harder, due to the fact that you have increased serotonin levels. The MDMA uses up your serotonin, and the 5-htp brings it back faster than your body normally would.

13. Tony Blair

Tony Blair Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Most people report that 5-htp up to 36 hours beforehand can dull the effect of MDMA considerably. Myself included.

Other than that, sounds a little more like MDA than MDMA, perhaps.

14. Cure20

Cure20 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    35 y/o Male from Canada
    SWIM experenced something like that with a friend and never thought it to be that serious. SWIM just thought that person was tripping out. It was close to our 4th pill of the night and she was lying on the couch while we were listening to music and she would close her eyes for a bit, when she woke up she was saying shit that had to do with her job eg. "That would be $7.99 please."

SWIM thought it was funny but after reading all this I feel a bit concerned about my friend even though it happend about a year ago.

Well I guess it goes to show ya - No question shall be left unanwsered!

15. FloaterGirl

FloaterGirl Newbie

Reputation Points:
    you are right..it does sound more like mda..and Im sure it was more mda than mdma. i am still confused on the whole 5 htp thing...I feel dont want to risk releasing dangurous amounts of serotonin while rolling. I normally dont question alot of things that happen when Im rolling...but this time was diffrent. I was incohenrent and it scared me. I supose because i have eaten many many pills and never had it happen before. thank you for all your help!!!!!!!

16. Boyv

Boyv Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male
    The serotonine syndrom only accures when a massive load of serotonine is stuck, it can't be just by mdma alone. Most of the time this happens because the user is also using SSRI's, MAOI's or medicines which are alike and affect your serotonine regulation or uptake.
    Hmm no, pre- and postloaders are good, but it just depends on the stuff that is inside of them. Some of these loaders also contain MAOI's, that's dangerous. Check the ingredients for this. MAOI's combined with mdma can also cause the serotonine syndrom.
    Still, the necessary time for your body to 'reload' for a next trip would be longer than a month, two months are suggested. Also, if you are short on vitamines, the 5-htp won't work correct, it will also change into the needed vitamines (most C).

17. FloaterGirl

FloaterGirl Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I will check for Maoi's but i normally take a mutilvitamin, 5 htp everyday, and a b complex every other day. Some days I add potassiam but not often. I never heard of any of these things having a MAOi in them..but i could be wrong..I will certaninly check for this. I never heard of LSD in e but i could be wrong. I know that MDA makes you trip hard somethings.

18. Fantasian

Fantasian Newbie

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o Male from U.K.
    a) check the pills before using them with a testing kit, its not expensive and can be obtained cheaply legally and easily.

b) Its more than likely Seretonin syndrome which is as previously posted due to an overwhelming amount of Seretonin in your system.

Many people believe that 5-HTP is good post rolling on an MDMA/pill as it replaces the lost seretonin and you recover more quickly and it also reduces the neurotoxicity of MDMA. I wouldnt advise taking 5-HTP 3 days before as it increases the chance of Seretonin syndrome significantly but after i would encourage it.

Lastly from your posting you seem to use MDMA regularly this also is bad in general for your health as it damages axons in the nerve cells. Just a side point for you to consider that you are doing irreversable (contradiction) damage to your brain. This isnt soo bad when done occasionally but regular and heavy MDMA use such as 5 pills is dangerous.

Hope the info helped

19. RollinAllNight

RollinAllNight Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    found this on a crumpled piece of paper under the bus stop bench.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2010
  20. julian

julian Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Re: Passing out from Ecstasy?

Of course this was a dream, right? Because if it actually happened, you would be in violation of the rules.

Swim is not even going to guess what was in your pills. It could have been any number of substances. Get a testing kit if you would like to avoid situations like you described.