passing out

Discussion in 'Cannabis & Health' started by ezikiel, Feb 11, 2005.

1. ezikiel

ezikiel Newbie

Reputation Points:
    hi all,

this is my first post to this forum, but i got a question that's really bothering me.

i smoke pot for about 7 years now, sometimes 3 a day, sometimes 3 a
    month. the past 6 months i smoke about 1 gram a week, so that's not
    very much. i always get pretty high and nothing really weird has ever
    happened to me while smoking pot.

but last night i smoked a join which got me really off. i even passed
    out for about 2-3 seconds i think. i just fell to the ground. this has
    never ever happened to me.

that night i drank about 2 beers (bottles) and that's it.

i wonder what could be the cause that i suddenly passed out and could there be any consequences to it?

i'm really looking forward to a response.

thanks in advance !

greetz,

dennis

2. The_Great_Sage

The_Great_Sage Newbie

Reputation Points:
    well passing could have nothing to do with the weed but then again it might, people may pass out just from not having enough oxygen for a little while (meaning you might have smoked a little to fast and not breathed enough) or it could be that your body has had some sort of fatigue lately and your body didnt quite fix it when you slept so the lowering of your blood presure (caused by the weed) could have made your body think it was going to sleep but you really didnt... so it could be a number of things

3. ezikiel

ezikiel Newbie

Reputation Points:
    thanks for your quick reply, but i still have some question

i passed out a half an hour after i smoked. and about the fatigue, i'm
    always tired. i sleep only 5 to 6 hours a night, 7 days a week. but
    that means there's no difference this time than it was before.

but smoking causes a lower blood pressure? so that also explains the higher heartrate i think.

but do you know of any long-term effects of what happened last night? i'm quite concerned ... :S

thanks

(ps: nice sig :D -> fear and loathing right ?? )

4. The_Great_Sage

The_Great_Sage Newbie

Reputation Points:
    well the effects of passing out could be compared to the effects of taking a large hit and holding it then sneezing about four times. in other words it only kills a small amount of brain cells so your not in any medical danger. but when you pass out "passing out" is only the intial action so you passed out then your brain sent you into a sleep like state to try to recover your bodies functions. and like most people you dont get your bodies needed amount of sleep (not harmful) so it might build up to occasional "passing out". oh yea sleep deprevation can actually boost your high sometimes because your body releases the same chems when your extremely tired as when your high (in a small fraction though)

ps yea its fear and loathing thx man

5. sunyata

sunyata Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from norway
    Sometimes when I haven't smoked in a while, I get some kind of oxygen loss in my brain when I smoke. It feels like when you get up from a chair you've sat in for too long, everything starts to turn purple/red and my body feels kind of electrical. I used to get it a lot when I started smoking, but not so often now. I got the same thing on my first mushroom trip. I'm kind of fascinated by it, because I can't remember who I am for a short while, and I'm extremely calm when it has passed. I am also very glad it has never happened to me while I was in a public place surrounded by strangers. Many of my friends have experienced the same phenomenon when smoking, but not frequently, maybe once every 6 months or each year. It happened to a friend of mine at a Nick Cave concert, but I just helped him into the handicap-toilet[​IMG]where he rested for 10 minutes. He was very shaken, but remained fine throughout the rest of the concert.

6. The_Great_Sage

The_Great_Sage Newbie

Reputation Points:
    well that is very interesting and the slight amnesia is like a lagging computer it will all comeback after a little while unless you get hit in the back of the head with a two by four. but i think it might be fun to have an experiance like that without drugs it would be quite fun i think

7. ezikiel

ezikiel Newbie

Reputation Points:
    hey guys,

thanks for your replys, you really reassured me. (is that correct english ?? [​IMG])

and indeed, right after i passed out, i was completely 'normal' again, the high was totally gone.

the only thing i held over is a nasty cut behind my ear, about 2.5 inch
    (6 cm) in length ... but that's stitched, and it will heal :)

thanks again :)

greets