passing the time when kicking a habit

Discussion in 'General Addiction discussion' started by sands of time, Sep 9, 2005.

1. sands of time

sands of time Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Hey all. For many heavy drug users, addiction is almost a sure thing. Some people realize the problem, and take action. They kick they're habbit, or find a way to cut down significantly. It seems to me that there are many veteran drug users who just except the fact that addiction will creep up again and again. It's a hell of a lifestyle but it's they're lives and they're choices.

Anyways, behind all this rambling there is one question. How the hell do you guys pass the time when your trying to quit a habbit. I have found everything boring in life, and there is a great deal of irritability and anxiety. When swim gets home from work, he feels burned out and unable to enjoy this time. Sleep is hard to come by and even the music sounds dull. Any suggestions??? I know that this will end soon, and it has not effected his life in any other negative ways.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2009
  2. insanity

insanity Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    try to do things that are creative to stimulate the mind. get out and meet people. learn things. write poems. draw pictures. whatever you do that was a hobbie b4 you started using drugs. watch a movie. listen to music. sleep it off. go to an NA meeting or AA meeting.