Drug info - Pedicularis Densiflora (Indian Warrior)

Discussion in 'Ethnobotanicals' started by MonkeyClaw420, Oct 8, 2007.

1. MonkeyClaw420

MonkeyClaw420 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Has anyone ever used this stuff? I am thinking about trying it but just wants some opinions from others first. I also have a few questions.

Is it like combining Weed and morphine?(kind of like a happy numbness)
    does tolerence build up quickly or slowly?
    and are there better ways to use it rahter than smoking it?

2. Br00klynB0y87

Br00klynB0y87 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Re: Pedicularis Densiflora(Indian Warrior)

Pedicularis Densiflora is indeed an interesting herb and very much worthwhile, or so swims claims.

Pedicularis Densiflora (lousewort) is part of the broomrape family and is just one of several hundred species. Many of these species have yet to be fully understood/experimented with, so it is very possible that the strongest species has yet to be discovered.

The experience that lousewort particularly Pedicularis Densiflora induces is one that is very tranquil. Swim classifies it’s effects as a mild relaxant/sedative.

Tolerance does indeed build up rather quick so it’s best You doesn’t over indulge, not to mention it is quite costly as well.

And as far as methods of ingestion; swim personally likes to vaporizer, smoking it will work just as well. Brewing it into tea is another option.

3. veRGe

veRGe Silver Member

Reputation Points:

I have never even heard of it. It sounds very interesting!

4. Mr Gregoire

Mr Gregoire Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from earth

this IS interesting, are there any photos of this plant? or any info on where it grows?

5. thenightwatch

thenightwatch Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

This plant is readily available on many legal "ethnobotanical" websites around the web. I highly reccomend finding an extract of the plant. The particular 20x Resin Extract I have is produced from a blend of three different Pedicularis plants, and the effects are POWERFUL sedation from smoking of just ~50-100mg of the resin, much amplified when used as an additive on top of other smoking herbs.

Prices are actually quite reasonable as well, do some searching and you should find what you're looking for.

6. RoboCop

RoboCop Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from earth

I do not have a whole lot to add but would love to bump this seeing its the only thread on this very seldum talked about herb.

I was on the look for an herb that will help him calm down into a relaxing sleep and acquired 14 grams(dark purple buds only) of this herb. I have only experimented so far with one smoking session and found it to be a much stronger sedation than kava. The effects were very unique. Swim will experiment more and have more to comment within the near future. Anyone else read any opinions on this entheogen? I was surprised by its potency, wasn't expecting much.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2008
  7. Br00klynB0y87

Br00klynB0y87 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth

^^^

A passion flower extract on top of a mound pedicularis densflora will enhance the drowsiness considerably or so swim states.

Also, if You is fond of p. densflora then he/she may want to experiment with p. groenlandica as they'd may find it to be more tranquil. -Frankly my buddy doesn't notice too much difference between the two as far as effect is concerned.

But if your main goal is a sleep aid in which you plan to use on a nightly basis you really ought to consider another botanical since louseworts really do build in tolerance not to mention quickly.

.peace.

8. Frost og Taake

Frost og Taake Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

In research I found that it grows in 48 states. Mainly the more southern ones. And epically in Oregon and California.It grows on hillsides and in deep shade. It can tolerate deer, however it can absorb alkaloids from other plants (like poison oak :thumbsdown:) around it and soil. So one must grow carefully or get from a very trusted vendor. I also read somewhere the flowers can sometimes be white. Hope this helps someone.

9. Potter

Potter Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Am I the only person who snickered at the name "broomrape"?

I'm sorry, I promise to grow up by morning.

10. skunkjar

skunkjar Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I like P. densiflora a lot, though he would never compare it to morphine and weed, as stated above it is a mild psychoactive. The P. groenlandica is a bit more powerful. and a mix of the two is very nice.

11. ironmics

ironmics Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o from U.S.A.
    Oh I definitely did too, brought images of Aqua Teen.

Anyway, I agree that is a very pleasant smokable. He also usually vaporizes it too, but that is his preferred method with almost anything. Very useful for kicking back and relaxing. Tranquil is definitely a great word for it, he hasn't had any in quite awhile so he doesn't remember the dose, but it is hard to over do. He has never experienced any adverse effects. It's definitely not as potent as mj or anything like that, but he just says that it's "nice".

12. Tamis

Tamis Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Very nice plant to add to your homemade smoking blend :)

13. Nimbus

Nimbus Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    This is a common ingredient in many of the Cannaboid smoking mixes such as Spice, Tribal Warrior, etc. I have never used it solo, but has always had positive experiences with the mixes it was a part of. SWIM assumes it to be one of the key components used to attempt to recreate the relaxed feeling of weed, and may be used to negate some of the paranoia and anxiety present when JWH-018 or similar substances are used alone. This is just SWIM's educated guess though.

~Nimbus

14. mistercraze

mistercraze Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I had a "dream" I smoked some indian warrior over top of some herbal incense. The incense alone was fine. I lit the warrior and took about two or three puffs, I blacked out, next thing I remember I was on the floor. The other person who was in the house came running to see what the thud was (me falling off the toilet) she started freaking out and she held me wondering if I was dying, apparantly I had a look like I was dead on my face but when she yelled I can't take this shit anymore it seemed proper that I scream at the top of my lungs lol. Anyway she held me for about 10 min all the while I was thrashing around violently and flicking my rongue like the devil...yeah seriously. I'm not inexperienced either. Next thing I remember she dragged me by my arms into the living room and was sitting on top of me holding me down because I kept kicking stuff over and clenching my fist. In my head I was ok but my body was fighting. This dream was pretty serious and the other person already doesn't like me having these types or any dreams really...please be careful when "dreaming" with indian warrior

15. Karmageddon

Karmageddon Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Can I ask what the incense was that this was smoked in conjunction with and how often you partake? I've never heard of a bad reaction like this to any of the pedicularis species. As far as I know, pedicularis is quite mild. I'm interested to learn if this was due to the combination of the two substances or something else.

16. mistercraze

mistercraze Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Just thinking about it, it mightve been the combo, and it was "legendary". Also it was the powder at the bottom of the bag. Sorry if I'm ousting anything but this sht should be addressed honestly. Like a crystal powder at the bottom puffed about 4x with some herbal blend at the end of the bag. Wife threw away my most recent stuff I got but I'm kinda glad being that today I felt withdrawl I haven't felt since kicking dope awhile ago. I popped a couple trams to calm me down. Anyway, do what you will but if my expereince helps you, great

mistercraze added 6 Minutes and 36 Seconds later...

Oh and sorry, I partook about 5 or 6 days a week once a day usually for about a year. Mostly just herbal incense but dreamt about salvia which I had mixed with warrior which when - smoked a door opened in my head and it was real that I said, hi robby, hi ray, hi john, still feeling unsure of where this would end up, hmm strange. Second time dreaming with warrior. First time with salvia left me with a trippy not so myself hangover that passed the next day.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
  17. sweetleaf64

sweetleaf64 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    It's really hard to understand what you are saying in your last post, mistercraze.

Are you saying that you smoked a powder at the bottom of a bag of herbal incense along with the pedicularis?

If so, the chemical in the incense might not have been mixed properly and you got a large dose of whatever chemical was in there.

I, like Karmageddon, have never heard of anyone having an adverse reaction like this to pedicularis. And I have used plenty of it without experiencing anything even close to what you described. In fact the effect I get from pedicularis is very subtle. So it was most likely a large dose of whatever chemical is in the incense.

This is one of the many problems with synthetic incense blends, it could very well be made by people that have no idea what they are doing, they might use too much of a chemical, they might not dissolve it well enough so it all concentrates in one area, etc... Another is that you have no idea what the chemical in it actually is and the possible adverse health reactions that come with it's use. Maybe it builds up in your system over time and this was the straw that broke the camel's back.

18. mistercraze

mistercraze Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    You're probably right, I was thinking about it yesterday. Its a shame that its too good to be true for me : (

19. Vincent Reginald

Vincent Reginald Newbie

Reputation Points:
    44 y/o from italy
    Does anyone eat it? or might he die?
    I'ld like to get it to make a tincture. I read Pedicularis is a very real good good stuff against ulcers, colitis, and blood in stool too.
    is it right?