Perk question

Discussion in 'Oxycodone' started by 2toke, Dec 27, 2006.

1. 2toke

2toke Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I recently got both some Percosets and some straight Oxycodone tablets, and I'm wondering about dosage. I have done percs before, but it has been over a year, so there is no tolerance factor, but I am also having trouble remembering how many I took. So first, let me give you some info on SWIM...

Fairly heavy pot smoker, but nothing else to speak of...
    Big man (300+ pounds)
    SWI just wants to get numb and watch some movies
    The percs are 5mg/325mg oxy to adap
    The oxys are 5 mg

So, the question(s) are as follows...

How much to take?
    Should SWIM take a couple percs and a couple oxys together to increase the high while decreasing the adap consumption?
    Does taking the oxys alone provide the same high as the percs? I have heard that the acetamenaphine works to increase the potency of the oxycodone.

Thanks to all. It's nice to have a place to get information and enjoy a high while being safe...and all without the worry of condemantion or some prude shaking a finger at me. Cheers!

Last edited: Dec 27, 2006
  2. somuchtosayx

somuchtosayx Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Taking 10-15mgs of either, or 5mg of one and 10 of the other should be a good starting point. You can always take more after 45 min if you don't feel too much. I think however that Percs are the same as Oxy except with APAP. Don't exceed more than 3-4 of the percs because you'd be pushing the max APAP dose of 1000mgs every 6 hrs.

3. DrMuffy

DrMuffy Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Welll SWIdr would suggest that since you are a big guy, much like SWIdr, take 3-5 of the percocets only. A percocet as you know is tylonol (apap) and oxycodone, so that much apap wouldnt hurt your liver, but dont do this too ofter because some serious things could happen: opiate addiction, liver falure, and alot of other things. So just take round 20mg of oxy (4 pills) and You should be feeling good. Also you might want to check out MrJim's opiate dose thread located towards the top of the opiates/opiods forum. Hope this helps ya!

4. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    You may also want to remember to avoid daily use, even with low-ish doses of opiates. Try to stick to using no more than once or twice a month, to avoid mental or physical addiction, neither of which is pleasant to overcome. This also will help You avoid building up tolerance too fast, with daily use of oxycodone it will quickly skyrocket.

The acetaminophen only increases the analgesic effect of oxycodone, that is, the combination of the two relieve pain more effectively than either alone. However, it does not potentiate the recreational effect of oxycodone, so You can remove it with a CWE with no loss of the recreational experience.

1. 4/5,
      Good warnings and advice. Allways dependable!
      Jan 7, 2007
  5. 2toke

2toke Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Thanks for the info! I did 2 percs and and a small, for a 15mg dose, and melted into the bed for several hours. Much fun!!!

6. thegoodfight

thegoodfight Newbie

Reputation Points:
    You is lucky that it only takes 15 mg to feel that good. Well, the bud probably helps a lot!

This makes me think about how opiates works. Above, the posters states the person was 300lbs+. After seeing 15mg was a good dose, Swim thinks that weight doesn't play a factor in opiates. I know many people who are 160-190lbs who take the same dose and feel the same or less effest as Swi2toke.

7. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    Careful with this logic. Perhaps the weight to dose ratio with opiates is not quite the same as with, say, alcohol, but body mass certainly has an effect on absorption and circulation of opiates, particularly when taken orally. What gives a 250 lb person a mild buzz may be quite nauseating if not dangerous to someone 100 lbs lighter.

SWIM recalls a tale from his youth where a lab rat received some codeine pills from a heavier friend. The friend had taken about 6 pills and reported a weak buzz. The lab rat, fortunately, worked out the mg/kg ratio of his friend, and applied it to himself, using 3 pills. The lab rat ended up being very sick for about a day, since 3 pills was too much for him...things would have been much, much worse for our rodent protagonist had he just accepted his friend's reccomended dose of 6 pills.

1. 4/5,
      Good example givenregarding "the weight to dose ratio".
      May 18, 2013