Permanent Alteration of Perception on MDMA

Discussion in 'Ecstasy & MDMA' started by Fantasian, Aug 29, 2006.

1. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    SWIF tried MDMA for the first time a couple of days ago and had a ++++ experience. It was by far the most enjoyable, pleasurable experience he has ever had and he will post it after he has gathered his thoughts enough and decided how to put them into words.

SWIF found however that he experienced no comedown like many of his friends who also rolled with him. The intense euphoria lasted for 6 hours before he went to sleep. The following day the euphoria was still present to a lesser degree which he thought was probably just some afterglow effects. He quietly enjoyed these but it has now been 4 days and SWIF is still experiencing a significant euphoria associated with touch, music and pleasurable thought that was definately not present prior to MDMA use.

SWIF is very confused, has he perminantly altered how he will feel?

Has he merely opened his mind up so that he knows how a release of serotonin feels and therefore recognises it more?

If this continued euphoria continues SWIF will be a very happy bunny.

1. 3/5,
      interesting! looking forward to the rest!
      Aug 29, 2006
  2. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    It would be cool if You could post a trip report for his plus four experience.

I posted one for swim here ----> https://drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=176847#post176847

Don't think I mentioned it in the actual report, but swim actually experienced similar effects to the ones you are describing.

He felt no hangover and actually felt euphoric for a while afterwards. It slowly disipated though so don't count on it being permanent!! Its more like an after-glow effect. After having such an amazing and profound experience you still feel great, and its from your personal reaction to the experience rather than the drugs effects themselves.

So yeah, the feeling will slowly fade away, but if the experience was truly a '++++' there will be changes in swiy's personality from the experience that he may notice for a long time to come. These are described in the report (https://drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=176847#post176847).

Please post a trip report if you can.

BajEdit: Also wanted to note that swim experienced the enhanced sensation of music the longest out of all the prolonged effects. He didn't listen to electronic music until his first experience with MDMA (the '++++ one) and immediately afterwards started downloading and getting from friends all the trance and techno he could (some house too). It may have been that the music was new to him combined with how amazing the music felt on E that for a few months afterwards he got a small resurgence of euphoria just listening to electronic music. Electronic music is now one of his favourite types of music and while he doesn't get noticeable euphoria from listening to it he still loves it and feels good listening to it, like any good music he loves. Use this opportunity to explore music you may not know much about as it will never sound so good!!

3. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Carry-over effects from the M-class drugs is not that unusual. It has two schools of thought as regards what is happening/happened.

One: There was a massive amount of serotonin backed up in the head, and this heavy release will take awhile to make it's way to it's destination. Don't worry - this will right itself in a little while.

Two: The experience was such that the collective unconscious of one's mind is doing some re-wiring in the psyche to accomodate the influx of newly re-discovered knowledge so that one can communicate a very important lesson - development of new language skills that often follow an experience that resulted in "enlightenment." Once again - no cause for concern. It will work itself out in due course.

Often the two go hand in hand. Some would say they are the same thing. But that's an argument in psychology that only serves a wordy few. Just tell your pirhana to take it slow for a few while it's amazing ability to right itself kicks in and does it's designated task.

I'm willing to wager that the pirhana found a few very interesting things while upstream.

4. WrtngCocaineTutorial

WrtngCocaineTutorial Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    My theory:

If a girl You have been hopelessly in love with, and felt really good when You is around her, and she used a certain type of colone. That smell would trigger positive feelings even years after(this is a fact). Becuase it get You back to the feelings he had when he was around her.

I think this is not exclusive to smell and love, but also to music and MDMA, if really good feelings were felt when using MDMA and listening to music. Some of them can be felt again. without the girl or without the MDMA

Last edited: Aug 31, 2006
  5. WrtngCocaineTutorial

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    Does You still have these felleings you desribed, or have they faded?

I am very interested :)

6. psychedelaholic

psychedelaholic Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from england
    SWIM can safely say his life changed for the better after his first experience with MDMA. He told me it was last October, he took 2 pills and some MDMA. He had the most incredible time and it is still one of his best times rolling. He says he feels far more confident, outgoing, happy, content and now of course loves drum n bass. He has done pills and MDMA many times since but will always remember that first time and how his personality changed for the better. Same with his first time on acid.

7. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    Now many days after use some of the long lasting magic has unfortunately faded. It did however take a week for this to happen and there are some residual effects that remain. SWIF is sure that he still experiences euphoria when listening to the electronic music that he listened to on MDMA and also every so often when he is enjoying himself feels that his tactile senses are increased much like on MDMA.

SWIF will quite soon be trying MDMA again and he will update on whether this post happiness is still present after his second experience.

8. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Fantasian: You will likely find that the euphoria and a brief period of altered sensation on hearing a particular track will last for many years. Certainly that is how it has been for SWIJ.

One of the most wonderful things is that it always seems to happen when You most needs it: Miserable, stuck in a traffic jam. Drunk in the corner shop trying to buy a pint of milk. About to explode at work: Just be sure that You is always near a radio! (or has an IPOD)

9. Each Hit

Each Hit Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    swim listened to electronic music for years before trying mdma. he also noticed that certain songs could trigger a vivid memory of the experience if they were present during the experience. however, somewhere along the way, those songs began to remind him of the sinking feeling he would get when mdma was fading. now, he cannot listen to most trance at all. he's found music he likes better, now, but when he first noticed the carry-over, he was intrigued (I has certain cocaine-memory songs that feel very similar). swim also noticed a specific deep bluish-purple glow around some lights when he was on mdma, and now he still notices them despite not rolling for 2 years. he often wonders if he could see the glow before he ever took mdma, because he never noticed it until the first time he did it. any similar sights out there?

10. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    A purple glow around bright lights, including reflected light such as the Moon, is caused by refraction through the lens of the eyes. This, in turn, is caused by red and blue wavelengths of light coming to focus at different lengths. Red will focus before blue - so you get a bluish-purple fringe.

11. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    Just to update, SWIF seems to experience the post glow after his 2nd and 3rd experiences and believes it now to be part of the MDMA experience.

SWIF however has noticed a more pronounced tiredness following use on the 3rd time. SWIF has come to the conclusion MDMA shouldnt be used more often that once per 2-3 weeks.

12. podge

podge Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    to keep the experience new and enjoyable it should be done even less in swims opinion. maybe once every 6 or 7 weeks .

13. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    True, i imagine the longer the period of time seperating use the more magical the experience becomes however i was suggesting a minimum wait time of about 2-3 weeks.

14. WrtngCocaineTutorial

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    the gooddrugsguide.com says minimum 1month,

on the spuiten en slikken show, 3 months was said to be best

erowid "Using MDMA two days in a row is likely to lead to a greatly diminished experience the second day, though spaced 7 or more days apart, this effect is lessened. Some users report noticing reduced effects for up to 2 or 3 weeks after initial use."

hard to know which on to listen to.. And they don't say if it's a loss of novelty, or physical tolerance

the pronounced tiredness SWIfantasian describes though sounds like physical tolerance..
    Does SWIFantasian remember how many pills he took during the rolls? e.g. if he redosed? I would very much like to know

Last edited: Sep 14, 2006
  15. podge

podge Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    I find that if done days apart then tolerence makes the experience less enjoyable......and I find that after rolling too often even if a few weeks is given between each roll then the novelty starts to wear off....it just seems to be the nature of the experience...it becomes a bit too predictable. but I has heard from a few people that they have never lost the magic even after rolling many times. swim supposes its different for everyone. unfortunalty the initial magic has worn off for swim but I find it to still be very enjoyable if done in the right setting and with the right friends .

Last edited: Sep 14, 2006
  16. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    It depended on the night, when SWIF was in leeds for the festival he used 3 pills, 1 to begin with, 1 at T+1:00 and 1 at T+2:00

The second day in a row in order to achieve the same effects he had to take 4 but still had a massively posative experience.

Following 2 weeks after Leeds he used again and only needed 2 pills however the tiredness was more pronounced as i noted.

17. WrtngCocaineTutorial

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    SWIm found this post experience so good that he had to dig it up again

How does SWIFantasian feel today?
    Does he still appriciate music and touch more than he used to?

Does You feel more emphatic today, than he did before the MDMA experience - like he's more interested in other people? And perhaps even more outgoing than he used to be?

(I has read about people who felt that latter effect)

18. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    SWIF still throroughly enjoys MDMA, it has still completely changed his life for the better. He appriciates relationships and also anythign else that gives one pleasure.

SWIF definately appriciates music, both in theory (like drum beats and rhythms) and also in true enjoyment.

SWIF remains empathic like he was prior to the experience but moreso after it. He also notices with each experience his mind tends to become more this way. He has in fact changed his university course from Pharmacy to Medicine for this very reason.

SWIF has found the comedowns more recently more severe however he has lost nothing of the magic. Each new experiences gives him new ideas and new enjoyment. The only thing that SWIF did not enjoy was when he tried methylone and MDMA simultaniously. The high was still very enjoyable and he had a great time however the comedown was far too much for him. He believes that the dopamine element was too bad. Following the experience he felt battered, down and had a massive sense of being defeated. He willl not be repeating this combination.

19. betsym

betsym Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I also have had a permanent alteration of perception on MDMA that has lasted far longer than the afterglow because swim's whole way of thinking has changed, swim listens to a much wider variety of music, can get closer to others without MDMA and has better relationships because of the empathy factor, which is still with her. I do not think that has harmed her in any way but has in fact made her a better person.

20. wasted_youth

wasted_youth Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    SWIW would say he had a permanent alteration of being after his first time dropping. He feels it makes him a better person almost. He's often hesitant about getting too close to people, although after dropping with a person has created many incredible bonds with people that he continues to see regularly. As a result I think he has really opened up as a person.

SWIW appericates the small things in life so much more that he usally would have overlooked before, such as a passer-by smiling or a stranger holding a door open. It's the little things that make all the difference.