Peruvian Torch Quick Prep Method: Lemon Juice?

Discussion in 'Peyote & San Pedro' started by machine_elf, Feb 6, 2007.

1. machine_elf

machine_elf Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I have aquired a quantity of dried cacti (peruvian torch) shavings and was wondering if the following preperation method would work:

Grind the dry cacti and then soak in lemon juice for 1 hour before drinking all the contents

This should work because the mesacline is stored intracellularly (I believe) and the acid would destroy the outside of the plant cells. Does this sound viable and has anyone tried it or other fast preparation methods.

Also, I am anxious to know if the alkaloid content of dried cactus matter (kept away from heat and light) depreciates over time.

Many thanks.

2. podge

podge Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Re: A quick preperation method for peruvian torch cacti

Swim put the cactus into boiling water for 15 minutes while adding the juice of a lemon. swim then let it simmer for 5 hours , adding the juice of another lemon over this time. after 5 hours strain away bits of cactus and You will be left with a mescaline brew. it tastes foul but its worth it for the effects.

3. machine_elf

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    The trouble is I want a quick extraction method which doesn't require boiling. I believe that this SHOULD be possible due to the acid and should work (as the gel cap method works). I would consider tar extraction aswell (long though) except I am not sure if denatured alcohol would be suitable due to the contaminants.

4. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Denatured ethanol designed for lab use would be fine. The only denatured alcohol to avoid are those cut with methanol - due to it's poisonous vapors - and one's made for specific purposes and cut with solids that won't distill off/boil off.

5. Br00klynB0y87

Br00klynB0y87 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Well, how did it go? What method of preparation did You decide? Lastly, how much of the shavings did You use for a single dose?

__________________________________________________ ____________________
    "I believe in a long, prolonged, derangement of the senses in order to obtain the unknown."
    -- Jim Morrison

6. machine_elf

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    SWIM learnt that this is a TERRIBLE idea. It tastes, and feels, more like vomit than real vomit could ever aspire to. SWIM forced himself to drink 40g of peruvian torch in a solution of 70% lemon juice, 30% water. It was left for an hour before consumption. A good trip but not worth this nasty method of ingestion. I am no stranger to the cactus, but this was something else.

All the good comsumption methods are already in popular use, new "inventive" methods ususally aren't popular practise for a reason. Stick to crude extractions and gel caps.

People would do well to realise that most things don't have an "express" preperation. Be patient and respectful. Only then will true wisdom will be bestowed upon you.

7. podge

podge Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Haha. Yes the cactus brew is indeed the most vile concoction of all time. But well worth it I think. It keep's most people away from one of the if not the greatest experience's there is.

8. m_tristan17

m_tristan17 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    HAHA too true! thank the lucky stars this shit is so disgusting in ingest! If it were easy to do, all the bozos would do it and give it a bad reputation. I believe the level of dedication and determination required, makes this more sacred than some "drug experience".

9. thrackelsby

thrackelsby Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I definitely agree. It takes some dedication to use this particular form of drug.:)

10. Samadhi

Samadhi Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    swim suggests parachuting it much like MDMA. It is easier on your stomach than capsules (depending on medium in which it is wrapped) Plus there is no taste if done right. Wash down a bit o' grape fruit juice on top of it and BLAMO it's good.

11. sgurrman

sgurrman Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    An old lady I once met on the bus said that she once ground up the dried sacred cactus and made a lemon jelly with it that she purchased at a local health food shop. She said this wasn't the most delicious experience of her life, but tolerable. Another time she mixed the ground sacred plant with a load of grapefruit jice and drank it over a period of 45 minutes as a sort of smoothie. It was a huge amount of juice for her fragile constitution, however, and she considered this bloating experience less successful.

12. rza

rza Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from new_zealand
    Re: A quick preperation method for peruvian torch cacti

hi just wondering if i do this how much is needed like a foot a dose or 2?
    growing own but will buy one for my extraction this holidays.:thumbsup:

13. Samadhi

Samadhi Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    read the rules about self-incrimination

but if your buddy wants to do an extraction I would suggest using one foot or two depending on how much one wants the end results to be

14. rza

rza Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from new_zealand
    enough for two 5-6 hour trips?? so 2 feet then??

15. podge

podge Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    I amnt sure. I buy it dried legally over here so we do it by dried weight and not by the size of a fresh cactus. It would be impossible to give an accurate guess as the mescaline and alkaloid content will vary from cactus to cactus.

16. Lethargy

Lethargy Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    My friend says that if anyone takes san pedro expecting a 5-6 hour trip they need to read up more. His experiences with himself and friends lasted 10-12 hours. This does however include the multi-hour "come up", he adds.

17. rza

rza Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from new_zealand
    yes i meant at least 5-6 hours but i guess you dont really know till SWIM tries