Peruvian Torch / san pedro effect questions

Discussion in 'Peyote & San Pedro' started by Alfa, May 17, 2006.

1. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    When one would take a dose of 80 grams dry peruvian torch, when would the effects start to deminish? When are they totally gone?
    How easy to controll do you think peruvian torch or san pedro is?

2. Cyano

Cyano Newbie

Reputation Points:
    48 y/o
    The actual Trip can take 6 hours and longer. After that one cannot sleep for at least 12 hours.

3. fluid_lightning

fluid_lightning Newbie

Reputation Points:
    It's funny that someone would ask such a question. The following is a trip report described to me by a monster space gorilla.

Dose: 70 g (close to 80 g, so this would probably give you a good idea)

Preparation: Dried powder was taken out of frozen storage, and it was mixed with a couple gallons of distilled water in a stainless steel pot. The mixture was simmered for about 6 hours (very carefully) until the mixture's liquid volume was about a cup. The mixture was filtered through a t-shirt, and the liquid was chilled. The solids were discarded so that a green slimey syrup remained.

The trip began about an hour after consuming the tea. The peak occured around four hours after consuming the tea. The six hours after the peak consisted of a mild fried, but enjoyable state. Sleep came quickly about 10 hours after the tea was drank. The next day, the monster space gorilla felt a bit fried and tired. The monster space gorilla thinks that other factors could have caused this fried/tired day such as less sleep than usual and not wanting to be in the professional monster space gorilla world on that particular day.

I hope this helps.

4. BBGONE

BBGONE Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    The potency of peruvian torch varies.
    No one can give the right answer, because
    even 100 gr. of bunk peruvian torch can be equal 10 gr. of good peruvian torch (in terms of mescaline content).
    It is better to see all extreme dosage experiences (plenty in inet)
    and conclude for himself what is the result.

P.S.- according to such posts, the effects are harsher (visuals) and longer, but no fatal ODs.

This is one of the reports:

Ive attempted 50g dried peruvian torch powder, which gave no effects.

From another vendor, ~65g did work, but it wasnt very intense or long-lasting. I had no nausea either, nor vomiting, nor even diarrhea from all the indigestible material. So that was good.

The trip was pretty low and boring tbh. I dont think I find tripping very exciting any more (and ive only tripped <10 times, over 2 years).

ive still got 50g of the same material left but cant be bothered to make time for it to be honest. Ive got too many other things to think about and big decisions to make; I cant really spare a day to trip (which feels like a chore anyway)

and this is another one:

Last night I had 20G of really potent dried Peruvian torch (green tissue only) and man I tell you that was more then enough, I had 8G of dried shrooms before but this was something else. The trip was like 12 hours.

And this is the effect of extra dose (one more report from inet):

I havent ODed and Ive taken two 5 foot cacti that were 6 inches wide each....
    That was a good 24-48 hours
    But then again it WAS pedro, not torch
    The torch I tried for the first time a few weeks ago was WAY more potent.
    I got more of an effect from 1.5 ft of torch as apposed to the 10 feet of pedro.
    I was at a psytrance party when i did it
    I could see exactly what I saw with my eyes open even if I closed them.
    Same place, same people, same sounds.
    I still recomend taking it all.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2012
  5. alchpz

alchpz Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I find it takes a while to come on, peaks after about 5 hours, then begins to subside nad it is possible to function fairly normally after about 8 hours, perhaps not driving though. This was after 100g extracted using pure ethanol.