1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.

peruvian vs. san pedro pukingwise

Discussion in 'Peyote & San Pedro' started by frankie_DJ, Nov 28, 2006.

1. frankie_DJ

frankie_DJ Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Nov 11, 2006
    Reading experiences from erowid, swim concludes there is more nausea with the peruvian then with san pedro. Is this a true statement? SWIM ordered 50g of dried peruvian and 2ft of fresh san pedro, wondering what to do first. Since I has never done either, the one that 's easier on her stomach would be preferable.
  2. zera

zera Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Sep 11, 2006
    from Illinois, U.S.A.
    Swim tells me that with 56 grams of Peruvian Torch he vomitted about 80 minutes after ingestion, he was an idiot though and drank the pruned solid cactus material in addition to the juice. Swim normally has a pretty good stomach. I wouldn't worry about the vomitting, he says that you won't even care about it once you're over it and into the trip.

I don't have any personal experience with San Pedro, but as he understands it the two are pretty similar and the nausea is pretty much linked to the mescaline content. So less nausea most likely means less mescaline.
  3. Riptone

Riptone Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Nov 22, 2006
    My pet rat pete ate just over a foot of fresh san pedro about an hour ago. He has not yet been sick. This is put down to him removing the skin from the cacti in advance as that stuff is absolutely indigestible.

To Zera: Your friend is absolutely and utterly wrong about more mescaline = more nausea. Tell him to do some research and not spread blatant mis-information.
  4. PsychicTraveler

PsychicTraveler Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Oct 11, 2006
    Yeah, your friend doesn't know a thing!
    Oh, wait. One side effect of even pure mescaline is nausea.
    And more = more... Hmm.

In any case, no noticable difference was detected by me between the two. Maybe one could come across a particular strain or extraction variation that can highten/lessen the effects. 99% of it is half mental, though.

Chase with a cold glass of V8 Splash and relax.

Do some research and don't spread blatant mis-information.
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2006