Peyote size: Are we there yet?

Discussion in 'Peyote & San Pedro' started by Sky Walker, Sep 24, 2006.

1. Sky Walker

Sky Walker Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    I have some cacti, Lophophora williamsii to be exact, he has had them nearly a year and was informed by the source of purchase that they were already 5 years old and grown naturally in Portugal. I am very keen to try these little beauty's although is still unsure as to weather or not they are ready to be harvested, due to the conflicting info he has read about maturity and size and dose and such. Too many variables for poor lil swimmy to figure out for himself at the risk of sacrificing his beloved Peyote with no rewardable outcome. The question then, that swims Peyote seem to be calling out almost daily is, Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

Below are the measurements of swims 5 Peyote, first the circumference followed by the diameter.

1. 10.5cm - 3.5cm
    2. 10.5cm - 3.5cm
    3. 11cm - 3.5cm
    4. 11cm - 3.7cm
    5. 11.5cm - 4cm

Do these measurements seem accurate for a Peyote that is roughly 5-6 years old? As I am not sure weather he fully believes the source.

And

Are they there yet? Would Peyote of this size be able to provide a full blown psychedelic experience, assuming swim were to eat them all?

Thanks in advance for any help and insight.

2. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    No, that does not seem accurate. Roughly speaking a cm in diameter per year is a good indication. you's got nice decoration, but IMO it would be a shame to waste that for the effect You would get off this amount of peyote. IMO You should wait or get some peruvian torch.

3. Barebonejoe

Barebonejoe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    The longer measurments are measuring how tall they are, including the root, right?? Because if they are over 10cm in diameter, I say they're definitely ready to eat.

If the diameters are 3-4cm, I say they're definitely are not ready to eat.
    He also says says, they should be close to about twice that diameter before they develope a good potency.

4. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
  5. Barebonejoe

Barebonejoe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    aHA. I somehow overlooked the "below are the measurements of swims 5 Peyote, first the circumference followed by the diameter." part.