Phalaris

Discussion in 'DMT and Ayahuasca' started by jarka, Apr 20, 2006.

1. jarka

jarka Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from finland
    Hello!

I have wanted to try DMT for a long time and he recently discovered Phalaris plants which are very abundant in SWIM's native land. SWIM's going to pick it as soon as possible. There are two types of Phalaris growing around here:
    1) Phalaris Arundinacea
    2) Phalaris Canariansis
    Which one would you recommend?
    I have also heard that Phalaris is not a good plants for DMT extraction but why is this so? Unfortunately there are no more DMT-containing plants growing around here (atleast none SWIM's aware of) and this is SWIM's only chance! I have read positive reports from erowid.. Has anyone tried it in combination with MAOIs? SWIM's thinking of using St. John's Wart because this is also easily accessible for SWIM..

Any help would be appreciated!
    Jarka

2. psychedelaholic

psychedelaholic Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from england
    I think its phalaris arundinacea You wants. Phalaris is only considered as an inferior source of DMT as you need a lot to get a decent amount. Things like mimosa hostilis and psychotria viridis have far higher % of DMT in then. I have tried mimosa hostilis in combo with peganum harmala seeds (ayahuasca) and had an incredible time, have to watch what you eat and drink before hand though due to bad interactions between certain foods and drugs with the MAOIs. As far as using st. Johns wort, I thought it acted as a mild SSRI not an MAOI. You wants peganum harmala (syrian rue) seeds or banisteriopsis caapi root which are both readily available on line.

Here is my trip report from his ayahuasca experience: https://drugs-forum.com/threads/13006?highlight=mimosayahuasca

Last edited: Apr 21, 2006
  3. Marsofold

Marsofold Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from USA
    Most people have given up on all Phalaris species. It also contains 5-Meo and gramine. The 5-Meo is the dominant alkaloid in that the concentration of it in the plant is sufficient to overshadow the small amounts of DMT present. And gramine is somewhat toxic. There are plenty of other plants that contain DMT. Acacia Obtusifolia, Mimosa Hostilis, Psychotria Viridis, and Desmanthus Leptolobus reliably produce useful concentrations of DMT. Since I see you are from Fiji, check out the Acacia Simplex growing on your beaches... ;)

4. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    When a friend of Bongo's went Phalaris-hunting back yonder, and had a truckload of it - it was found that the Phalaris also contained hordenine, which is closely related to tyramine. No suitable and inexpensive way could be found to separate hordenine from DMT. In that the usage of a tyramine-related substance with a MAOI such as harmaline is the worst idea one could do - the project was abandoned.

5. psychedelaholic

psychedelaholic Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from england
    Ah thats pretty bad, I've seen sites selling phalaris grass cuttings as a viable source of DMT for use in ayahuasca, kind of irresponable.

6. jarka

jarka Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from finland
    No, I'm not from Fiji. My country was not in the list and I had to pick a random one. Unfortunately there are no more DMT-containing plants growing here :(

7. psyche

psyche Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from finland
    My also been planning on grow some phalaris, but gramine crashed his plans. He can't order anything DMT-containing to his country, so he found phalaris, wich could be bought from local shops. He didn't know anything about MAOi, but he would've propably used the extraction by smoking.

8. jarka

jarka Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from finland
    Does anyone have any positive experience with Phalaris?

9. psyche

psyche Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from finland
    Does anyone have any experience at all with Phalaris?

10. kemistudent

kemistudent Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Bongo couldn't separate the extract via chromatography? Why not?

11. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Bongo said CHEAP> Read worth the time of day. Do you have any idea what kind of chromatography gear would be required to process a truckload?? Ha ha ha ha ha! Go prove Bongo wrong (safely) - he'll be slapping his knees watching ya!

Just yanking enough out for a trip to meet Elvis was cost-prohibitive.

12. dr ACE

dr ACE Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    so pharlais is out for the cheap DMT source its ment to be.but it could be a usefull 5MEO-DMT source if your were interested in this alkaloid.would the same extraction method be used as for DMT?