Experiences - Phenazepam Experiences

Discussion in 'Benzodiazepines' started by lulz, May 14, 2007.

1. lulz

lulz Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    aka 10-bromo-2-(2-chlorophenyl)- 3,6- diazabicyclo[5.4.0]undeca- 2,8,10,12-tetraen-5-one

has anyone had experience with this benzo?

I am considering ordering some, but he'd like to hear some personal experiences before he does

2. Abrad

Abrad R.I.P. Platinum Member & Advisor R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    Re: phenazepam

I have not yet sampled this but it is apparently fully active at sub-milligram level. Meaning a decent scales combined with volumetric measurement is a must.
    Be careful with this one...

3. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:

Indeed. One report flew in of someone who eyeballed the molecule. Said to have spent 2 days flat as a pancake. Great caution is advised.

4. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

As a harm reduction measure I'd say that if you have to be eyeballing the dose - from both lack of proper scale and being too lazy to go for volumetric - you probably shouldn't be using this substance, or any other one that requires such a tiny dose.

Please, just don't do it. Eyeballing a dose that small is a good way to ensure you get to be rushed to a hospital in an ambulance.

5. Abrad

Abrad R.I.P. Platinum Member & Advisor R.I.P.

Reputation Points:

Measuring out any liquid medicine. There is no reason any pharmacist would suspicious of somebody buying them. They have no illicit use that I am aware of.

6. lulz

lulz Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland

OK cool, thanks. I am a pretty bad liar.

7. bob_arctor

bob_arctor Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from sweden

I have used this substance numerous times. When purchased it came pre-cut with some sugary powder at a ratio of 1/10, which was nice for easier getting the correct dosage.

Next time SWIM purchases some it will probably be a larger amount in it's pure form, and as already has been discussed strategies for diluting it will be used. It is a useful and highly active benzodiazepine with a long half-life

A story to illustrate half-life, and how this might affect a person if "taking too much, man, too much": Recently, a friend of SWIM reported that unknown amount of the substance had been nasally administered at the tail of after a powerful and problematic br-dfly-trip. This apparently happened at a stimulant-party where phenazepam was available, but to SWIM it is unclear if this was the cut substance or undiluted.

Tragic mistake. Friend of SWIM showed up unannounced at SWIM's door in a state akin to temporary psychosis several times that week, disinhibited and amnesiac. After a week SWIM's friend had come out of the constant phenazepam clouds and was able to explain more clearly what had went wrong during the br-dfly trip and so on, to the relief of SWIM who had begun to really worry after a couple of days.

Well
    I amn't really a benzo-connoiseur/addict, but appreciates that it is always useful to have a good anxiety-reducer for those moments. It is more readily available than diazepam, oxazepam and other desirable substances, not a controlled substance where SWIM live.

The effects are quite satisfactory, both in the muscle-relaxing and tension-easing bodily department as well as inducing contentment and reducing anxiety. Dosages used have been between 0,4 mg-2mg.

8. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.

SWIM concurs, while pointing out the point of harm reduction (to reduce harm due to the stupid behaviour of people who do things like fail to use a scale with sub-milligram chemicals).

Anyway, I was told this is sold in bulk doses (as the bare chemical rather than in pills, which he had already figured out from earlier posts). He wonders if the substance would even "keep" long enough for any sane person to ever finish using what they purchased. Given the amounts and potency involved, this is as concerning an offering I have ever encountered, and he's actually glad he posted that earlier "harm reduction" information.

P.S. I had afew other musings and concerns after reflecting on this, but will leave it at that... some things are better left unsaid.

Last edited: May 19, 2007
  9. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

If you take a substance like phenazepam and use the 'lick your finger' method, harm reduction isn't up to you anymore. You have thrown away your ability to control what happens and left everything to fate. I'd rather not leave it as an option at all.

10. bob_arctor

bob_arctor Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from sweden

Even if most of it is flushed down the toilet of those 5000+ doses, it's still insanely cheap. Another problem to add to the sub-milligram activeness..

11. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:

Bajeda: Fair enough, I am convinced... he deleted his initial post, and would be fine with the quote in post #5 going away too. No point with the original gone, unless You wanted it to remain for some reason.

I would not necessarily agree with a previously expressed sentiment that it would always be useful to have an anxiety-reducer around. Some people, some cases, particularly with benzodiazepines. He notes there are other anxiety-reducing substances, though admittedly none as rapidly and universally effective. SWIM's earlier post in the "drug myths" thread about the extremely high safety of benzodiazepines keeps coming to his mind every time he reads this thread, and he feels confused and humbled :(.

Last edited: May 19, 2007
  12. Laudaphun

Laudaphun Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

I agree with SWIB...
    From what I have read this is not scheduled or regulated in Europe? Is it also not scheduled in the U.S.? Or is it considered an analog? I have never heard of this particular chemical before and there doesn't seem to be much info out there about it.

13. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:

It could well be the DOx of the Benzodiazepine Family. I'm quite certain (being cynical helps) that we'll be hearing about casualties - either O.D. or extreme addiction - in the coming days. Considering it's price and lack of screening to purchase, it's a pending disaster waiting around the corner.

People with a propensity to say "Oh fuck it, a little more can't hurt!" - are STRONGLY advised not to seek this one out. I know several people off the top of my head who, if I found them having this chemical in quantity, I would grab it from and flush it down their toilet on the spot. That's assuming they weren't already addicted.

Keep an eye on your friends, people.

14. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:

Given benzodiazepines are typically difficult to O.D. on by themselves (at least to the point of death, unless phenazepam is an exception), SWIM suspects it would be extreme addiction - which in the case of benzos is probably the worse of the two options. An O.D. would be a quick and painless death, extreme addiction would probably mean an unpleasant-to-agonizing death.

There is a ray of light - if someone with an extreme addiction to phenazepam was thoughtful enough to acquire an anticonvulsant such as Tegretol (prescription-only, but unscheduled and not too hard to get), chances are they would at least live if their supply was cut off. Suffer like hell, but they would probably live.

I couldn't agree more. He would actually even go further and say it would just be safer not to have phenazepam around at all, period. It's not so difficult to acquire "normal" benzodiazepines (in a much more reasonable quantity, and in pill form that discourages extreme dosing) that I wouldn't first visit a few doctors and ask if he could have something for anxiety.

Last edited: May 22, 2007
  15. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

SWIM kicked a really high dose roofie and diazepam habit (when living is Europe decades ago these were available easily). SWIM still recalls this as the WORST withdrawal I have ever been through. I could draw the analogy to being plugged into a wall socket for 6 weeks. Super high blood pressure, constantly on the verge of a seizure and anxiety beyond anything imaginable. I had kicked heroin immediately prior to this, and that was cake compared to it (it still sucked, but not nearly so bad).
    That said, I know better than to use benzos with any regularity. They can be useful in the right circumstances...

16. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:

Bongo has test-piloted the phenazepam. @1mg & 2mg. It is what Bongo expected: Like diaxepam @5mg & 10mg. Nothing that would suggest a conservative 16 year old Bongo would spread his ass for Reagan. But he wouldn't have on Rohypnol, either. Bongo tried that, too.

But Bongo is a bad candidate for such tests. It is a powerful benzodiazepine. He'd place it around the same camp as diazepam (Valium). If one is likely to be lured to continued use of diazepam - steer clear of this. It's dangerous and can hurt you very badly. No shit.

As something to put away for potential use in emergencies - regard dosage as 1mg = 5mg diazepam. Soluble in ethanol/water.

Be Careful! Okay?

17. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:

I reiterate: Be damn careful! It's seductive. And it can kill you with small effort. Toss in storage - it's not recreational, unless a hospital bed is recreational.

18. RoboCop

RoboCop Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from earth

Heres the post mentioned above written by someone.

I am the one who eyeballed this substance. The single dumbest action I has yet to do. Slept for 2 days straight and was bannanas for an additional 3 days. That is 5 days that were a complete haze to swim. I am absolutely scared of the stuff now and tossed it into storage to never be used again.

I agree with nagognog's advice. Its way to potent. I feltlike he was not intoxicated the whole 5 days, but obviously was beyond control.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2009
  19. Laudaphun

Laudaphun Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Ok, I've got a question regarding this substance. I'm pretty sure I saw this particular substance listed as an "intermediate", or maybe it was a "pharmaceutical intermediate". This would mean that it is a precursor for something right? I was under the impression that it was just another strong benzo. Does anyone know why it would be listed as an intermediate and if so what would it be a precursor or intermediate of?

20. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Re: phenazepam: Experiences and Information

So, any new reports about this ?
    I was considering acquision but the lack of reports make it difficult to determine if it is worth it. How long are the effects, how recreational are they, how useful are they in smoothing out a trip, and has anyone ventured into lower doses with less duration of after-effects?
    Nag - report indicated that Phenazepam lasted about as long as diazepam or had equivalent effects ? Was the duration not as long as reported by others ?
    Also, what solvents are best for volumetric dosing ? Is vodka sufficient ?