Phendimetrazine

Discussion in 'Amphetamine' started by 788.4, Dec 18, 2005.

1. 788.4

788.4 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Phendiametrazine is usually prescribed for weight loss. It's Schedule III and there is an abuse potential for it. I think the mom in "Requiem for a Dream" was taking it (for her it caused severe insomnia and she eventually went into acute psychosis).

According to Rxlist, it's a memeber of the amphetamine class so I felt this would be the appropriate place to ask my question.

http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic2/phendime_cp.htm

So, does anyone know if there is any recreational value for Phendimetrazine?

2. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Phendimetrazine was developed and marketed as a result of the high abuse of phenmetrazine - Preludin. Phendimetrazine, while curbing the appetite, causes very little in the way of the euphoria of Preludin and the classic amphetamines. Tends to feel more like a nervous O.D. of caffeine - especially if taken for psychotropic effects. Some people do, however, find it pleasant enough to abuse it. And like any CNS stimulant, abuse will lead to what has been termed amphetamine psychosis at some point down the road.

3. pharmapsyche

pharmapsyche AKA Miss Methylene Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    I have never tried phenmetrazine, phendimetrazine, or any other of the amphetamine-like appetite suppressants. I did have a dream one time where he was in Will Smith's house and got in trouble by Will Smith's mom for being on phentermine, but that's not really important. The question I have is, how closely related are phenmetrazine and amphetamine, in their qualitative effects?

4. μ-idiot

μ-idiot Newbie

Reputation Points:
    IMO there is no comparison.

I have tried varying doses of both phenmetrazine and phendimetrazine and have found that the amount necessary to induce even mild euphoria is oxymoronically higher than the threshold in which you begin to feel jittery, over-stimulated, and generally uncomfortable.

Some consider it a decent buzz but, as far as amphetamines go, they are nothing alike.

5. Demosthysias

Demosthysias Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Unaware of the general recreational dosage of Phendimetrazine about 4 hours ago SWIM crushed up and insufflated 105 milligrams of this stuff. SWIM felt a mild euphoria and absolutely no hunger even tho he hadn't eaten that day. About 30 minutes after snorting 105 milligrams he ran into the information that the general nasal dosage is about 45mg which puzzled me as to why he wasn't feeling it more. if SWIM took that much more than recommended shouldn't he have been really geeked? I felt definite euphoria, but wasn't as uppity as he thought he would be.

6. Soulfake

Soulfake Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o from Germany
    I´m wondering why it was preferred to amphetamine and methamphetamine in the 50´s if so many people claim it would only have jittery and nervous effects in higher doses?