Culture - Picture of a Trip

Discussion in 'LSD' started by Henfer, Apr 15, 2007.

1. Henfer

Henfer Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    41 y/o
    Hello fellow trippers,

SWIM, who is a very close friend of me, had his third (and most intense yet) trip with the help of his also close friend Alice. Many people here are asking questions about first trips and how it is, and so I tried to recreate his vision of a landscape he had (I was in nature this time), how he saw the landscape.

Of course, it is not possible to resemble the visual experience, but SWIM hopes this gives you a good view on what You MAY experience or see (Alice shares her love with SWIU in many different ways).

[​IMG]

SWIM really hopes this is helpful for some people before their first trip and to take away anxiety as every trip with Alice to her Wonderland was beautiful, spiritual enlighting and nice.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2017
    1. 5/5,
      Thankyou for sharing. Beautiful and Oh So representative
      Apr 16, 2007
    2. 4/5,
      great pic!you should make more!!
      Apr 16, 2007
    3. 3/5,
      Thoughtful/helpful idea..and I LOVE the picture!
      Apr 16, 2007
  2. Dalfir

Dalfir Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Colorado, U.S.A.
    Someone, possibly Nagonog, posted a picture of a book cover that is the closest representation of the psychedelic experience I've yet to see, haven't been able to find that post again, though.

3. melt_000

melt_000 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o
    its interesting, of all the psychedelic art swims seen on the internet this is the only thing that actually tries to show what the person would see. rather than stuff that's "inspired" by psychedelics. it's kind of almost impossible to represent though since it has to do with the senses blending, the fact that it's constantly changing, etc. lsd always reminds swim of with rembrandt where he has like those exaggerated shadows and stuff, and van gogh, the way he does colors, and the shapes of stuff.

4. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Easier done than said - it can be found by looking in my profile. It's the first edition of The Psychedelic Experience written by T. Leary, R. Alpert, and R. Metzner. A supposed manual on how to prepare for an LSD (or other major psychedelic) trip and based on the Tibetan Book of the Dead.

Many would say this book alone caused more freak-outs and bad trips than anything else in the 1960's. Even Richard Nixon.

5. Dalfir

Dalfir Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Colorado, U.S.A.
    Hmmm, doesn't seem to be the one I'm thinking of. The cover is a like a crowd of people and shapes, just with a distorted sense of perception, size and depth. The colours are of a quite light, golden brown/pink swatch

6. D.U.M.B

D.U.M.B Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Nice picture

But SWIM can't put into words or onto a page via a drawing some of the things he has seen or felt while on LSD

But the art I have created while on LSD well that is a different story completely

7. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I thought that this did a pretty decent job of depicting a trip.

8. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    ^^^ Is that in the archive Baj?

Thank you Henfer, for sharing. Beautiful

1. 3/5,
      very nice person!
      Apr 16, 2007
  9. Bajeda

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I thought I had added it a while back, but in any case, it is now.

1. 3/5,
      posted a great video!
      Apr 16, 2007
  10. Henfer

Henfer Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    41 y/o
    yes, swim knows this video as well. It is the closest he ever saw in terms of what a look in the mirror looks like. everytime swim sees this video, it reminds him of people where he was the sitter for their first trip, when they said "I'll go on the toilet to piss, be right back", and swim always knows this will take more like 30 minutes when they look in the mirror for the first time!

thank you jatelka, I'm trying to share the wonderful experiences of Alice with people, because she was a big factor in huge life changes for swim, in a very positve way.

If You likes, I will try to make more pictures after the next trip, especially of his ceiling and his floor, where he sees wonderful fractal patterns!

Sorry, please delete the last posting, swim wanted to edit but accidently filled the "quick reply"!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2007
  11. Henfer

Henfer Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    41 y/o
    If You likes, I will try to make more pictures after the next trip, especially of his ceiling and his floor, where he sees wonderful fractal patterns!

12. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    That's when you take out your magic-marker and scrawl OUT OF ORDER on the bathroom mirror.

13. big_mac

big_mac Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    very good image however u left out the best detail on any hallucinogen, the clouds

14. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Henfer: Please upload any images to the Drugs-Gallery

15. Henfer

Henfer Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    41 y/o
    Again, swim tried to capture the impressions of the moment...

[​IMG]

16. Bajeda

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Regarding your first picture, it reminds me of a shroom trip I had in an arboretum. One little detail he finds lacking in your pic, however, is the faces he would see in trees. Maybe its more of a shroom thing than lsd (probably so actually), but I think it would be cool if you made more of a face impression on some of the trees, especially those to the right. Even at longer distances, swim always found the trees to have a visage of sorts.

Just a thought.

17. Henfer

Henfer Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    41 y/o
    Thank you for your advice. swim must say, when he's tripping and looking at trees, it's more like the tree is growing and getting "intense", and all the blossoms are opening and the tree gets wavy and full of aura-like fractals...

swim's never seen faces on trees, but more so on walls, when patterns sometimes transform to hundreds of faces moving and rotating, pulsing.

actually, swims pretty sure he'll think of your idea tripping next time and most probably will see faces, hehe. then swim can try to interpret what he's seen...

18. Bajeda

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Maybe if You uses shrooms he will see something more akin to what swim described. LSD produces different sorts of visual effects.

19. fnord

fnord Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    ^^^im agreeing with the lord of the ethnos forum about the shrooms,dosent chage the fact that i think you first pic is awesome,second ones kinda dark...not that swim dosent respect every trip hes blessed with(even bad ones!!!).just prefers the brighter ones.thanks for the pics!!

20. Humanity

Humanity Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from estonia
    Scary stuff, almost soiled myself :)

Kudos on the drawings, both beautiful :rolleyes: